Author Topic: UK Nintendo VIP Members Special Offer  (Read 2924 times)

Offline NWR_Karlie

• twitter.com/JonLindemann
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
UK Nintendo VIP Members Special Offer
« on: January 27, 2005, 05:56:19 PM »
If you have 1000 stars saved up you could own the DS early! Only if you're quick though.

THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS!

Nintendo VIPs to experience Nintendo DS before official UK launch

27 January – Nintendo UK is rewarding its VIP stars members by offering them the chance to get their hands on a unique and very special package. Nintendo is giving three thousand UK gamers the chance to own a Nintendo DS and games over a month before the official UK launch date.

From today, VIPs with one thousand stars or more will have the opportunity to cash in their stars and, for £129.99 (€190 in Eire), get their hands on a Nintendo DS VIP Stars Pak. The Pak contains a Nintendo DS console with the Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt demo, Super Mario 64DS game, a special Wario Ware: Touched! game demo and a premium Nintendo DS t-shirt – but they’ll have to be quick as the paks are strictly limited to only three thousand.

When they redeem their stars, VIPs will be told to contact the Nintendo customer service centre 24 hours after redemption where they will be able to complete their purchase.

James Honeywell, Product Manager for Handheld Consoles, Nintendo UK, said: “We are very pleased to be able to reward our VIPs with this fantastic offer. It gives our most dedicated and committed fans the chance to experience the Nintendo DS and games well in advance of the official UK launch – it also means we’ll have three thousand people spreading the word about Nintendo DS and its great features in the run up to the 11 March.”

The Nintendo DS will launch in the UK on 11 March 2005 at the estimated retail price of around £99. Software will be available at selected retailers at the estimated retail price of £29 and £19, depending on the specific title.  

To keep up-to-date with the latest and official information on Nintendo visit www.nintendo.co.uk.      

Offline JB

• The Grandfather of All Knowledge
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: UK Nintendo VIP Members Special Offer
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 09:54:27 PM »
I've managed to get one! Hopefully Nintendo will send it out to me soon! This offer is for all the European Nintendo sites that have the VIP system, not just the UK site by the way.
AC Name:Jan
Town:Zooropa

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 02:14:15 AM »
>a special Wario Ware: Touched! game demo

'eh?  Me want!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 02:49:34 AM »
Can someone in the know tell me how many Nintendo products equal 1000 stars?  I'm just curious.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline JB

• The Grandfather of All Knowledge
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:UK Nintendo VIP Members Special Offer
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 04:29:49 AM »
It's four Nintendo games, or a GameCube plus game.
AC Name:Jan
Town:Zooropa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 07:44:09 AM »
Well, I'd try but NoE is /.ed and I have a feeling they're all gone.
But then I don't need another DS... Only the Prime 3 Arena demo and Super Mario DS.