Author Topic: Should I buy Four Swords or GBA LttP?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline mjcatl2

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Should I buy Four Swords or GBA LttP?
« on: December 14, 2004, 07:32:20 AM »
I read that Four Swords has both games and also read that it is essentially a remake of Past....? I would not be taking adantage of the additionally player function of Four Swords but like the "older" style Zelda games.  So should I buy Swords or Past and play with my GBP?

Also is Link's Awakening available in any form?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Should I buy Four Swords or GBA LttP?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 07:45:58 AM »
The Four Swords that comes with A Link to the Past and Four Swords Adventures for the Gamecube are different games.  The GBA one requires you to play multiplayer while the Gamecube one does not.  So if you're not planning on playing with friends the Cube one is the way to go.

Link's Awakening is currently only available for the GB and GBC so you'll have to find it used somewhere.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 07:58:20 AM »
If you've already played A Link to the Past, I'd recommend giving Four Swords a chance.  It's a good game, very interesting puzzles and gameplay, though it's really linear and a lot emptier feeling than A Link to the Past.  It is a good, fun game, though.  If you've played the SNES Link to the Past, try Four Swords.  If not, play A Link to the Past.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline mjcatl2

• View Profile
RE:Should I buy Four Swords or GBA LttP?
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 08:50:44 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I haven't played wither version.  I got a Cube this Fall and it's the first system I have had since the ol' NES of which I fondly remember the original Zelda games and am enjoying again with the Zelda Collection for Gamecube.  I would like to fill in the gaps with the other Zelda games that I missed like Awakening (will the old GB game playon my GBP?). and of course Link to the Past.  If Four Swords plays well for one player, then that works for me.  I was also confused as to whether or not Four Swords was different from Link to the Past.  If so, then I wanted to look at getting both.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 10:35:10 AM »
Four Swords, the Gamecube game, is completely different.  Aside from the obvious Zelda similarities, they're completely different.
A Link to the Past comes with a Four Swords included with the game, but it's much smaller and I think it can only be played as a multiplayer game.
I'd recommend both, if you want to try them out.  They're too different games, and while A Link to the Past has obviously had more work done on it, Four Swords is still a really fun game to play, even alone.
And Link's Awakening should play on the GBP.  I haven't played mine on it, but it's supposed to play all gameboy games.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 07:22:11 AM »
Well, do you have friends who have GBAs?

If not and if you're looking for a Single Player experience, LttP is good if you havent played it.

But if you are in for Multiplayer, Four Swords GCN is easier to set up, and much cheaper.

The difference between the two is that in Four Swords GBA

All the dungeon layouts are in random order. Also the overworld is non existant, you get a map that allows you to select a dungeon to go to.

Four Swords GCN isnt randomly generated, but it has more multiplayer modes, aside from the regular Quest mode, theres also a battle mode for 4 player fighting and such. (I dont remember all the modes)

You might be interested that there was a mode cut from the US build of Four Sword Adventures called Tetra's Trackers. Do not worry, as the mode was less than exciting and geared for children. But even then they would probably be bored as well.

Also I dont think anyone wanted to dub Tetra, as she speaks to you during gameplay.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 07:27:01 AM »
I'd just like to add that Four Swords Adventure's single-player is VERY fun, thank you very much...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 08:02:57 AM »
Bill is right.  I haven't even had the opportunity to play it multiplayer yet, and I still like the game.