Author Topic: AIAS Announces D.I.C.E. 2005  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
AIAS Announces D.I.C.E. 2005
« on: October 11, 2004, 08:35:32 AM »
No word yet on speakers, but there is a call for nominees for the annual AIAS Interactive Achievement Awards.

ACADEMY OF INTERACTIVE ARTS & SCIENCES (AIAS) ANNOUNCES DETAILS FOR 2005 D.I.C.E. SUMMIT AND 8TH ANNUAL INTERACTIVE ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS CALL FOR ENTRIES

2005 D.I.C.E. Summit to be Held January 31 – February 2, 2005 at Green Valley Ranch Resort in Las Vegas

8th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards Open for Entry Submissions Deadline, December 3, 2004

CULVER CITY, Calif. (Oct. 11, 2004) – The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS), the professional organization dedicated to the advancement and recognition of interactive arts, announced today the details for the 2005 D.I.C.E. Summit and the call for entries for the 8th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards.      The 2005 D.I.C.E. Summit (Design, Innovate, Communicate and Entertain), is a high-level interactive entertainment industry conference that brings together the top video game designers and developers from around the world and business leaders from all the major publishers to discuss the state of the industry, its trends and the future.  The three-day event will be held January 31 – February 2, 2005 at Green Valley Ranch Resort in Las Vegas, NV.  More information on the 2005 D.I.C.E. Summit can be found at www.DICESummit.org < http://www.DICESummit.org/ > .   “The D.I.C.E. Summit calls upon the brightest and most influential game makers and key executives to share ideas that will further our industry,” said Joseph Olin, president of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. “This year’s Summit promises to address issues at the forefront of the industry in an environment conducive for thought provoking dialogue.”   The 8th Annual Interactive Achievements Awards ceremony, which honors outstanding technical and artistic achievement in the world of interactive entertainment, will take place February 1, 2005, the second evening of the D.I.C.E. Summit.  The Awards event will be held at the Grande Ballroom of the Green Valley Ranch Resort and will showcase the industry’s best games of 2004.   “The Interactive Achievement Award is the most meaningful honor a game designer or developer can receive,” said Ted Price, chairman of the AIAS board.  â€śLike the Oscars for the motion picture industry, the Interactive Achievement Awards recognize outstanding achievement in gaming as judged by peers in the industry.  Who better to decide the greatest games, but the finest game makers in the world.”   The AIAS has sent-out call for entry materials to its members, and is now accepting game submissions for award nominations. Games eligible for the 8th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards are those that meet all of the following requirements:  

* Publicly available in its final release form in North America at any time between January 1, 2004 and December 31, 2004, regardless of its distribution method     * Designed for use on at least one of the following platforms: a video game console or portable (hand-held) system, a personal computer running Windows, a Macintosh compatible computer, or for use on the Internet or commercial game network     * Its publisher must be a member in good standing with the Academy at the time of submission     * All required submission materials are received by the AIAS by 5:00pm PST on Friday, December 3, 2004

The 8th annual interactive achievement award categories are as follows:

1. Game Of The Year Awards

* Game Of The Year

* Console Game Of The Year

* Computer Game Of The Year

2. Craft Awards

* Outstanding Achievement In Art Direction

* Outstanding Achievement In Animation

* Outstanding Character Performance – Male

* Outstanding Character Performance – Female

* Outstanding Achievement In Soundtrack

* Outstanding Achievement In Original Musical Composition

* Outstanding Achievement In Sound Design

* Outstanding Achievement In Game Play Engineering

* Outstanding Achievement In Online Game Play

* Outstanding Achievement In Visual Engineering

* Outstanding Achievement In Game Design

* Outstanding Achievement In Character Or Story Development

* Innovation in Computer Gaming

* Innovation In Console Gaming

3. Genre Awards

A.   Console

* Platform Action/Adventure Game Of The Year

* Action/Adventure Game Of The Year

* Action Sports Game Of The Year

* First Person Action Game Of The Year

* Children’s Title Of The Year

* Fighting Game Of The Year

* Racing Game Of The Year

* Role Playing Game Of The Year

* Sports Simulation Game Of The Year

B.   Wireless & Handheld

* Wireless Game Of The Year

* Handheld Game Of The Year

C.   Computer

* Action/Adventure Game Of The Year

* Children’s Game Of The Year

* Downloadable Game Of The Year

* Family Game Of The Year

* First Person Action Game Of The Year

* Role Playing Game Of The Year

* Simulation Game Of The Year

* Sports Game Of The Year

* Strategy Game Of The Year

D.   Online

* Massive Multiplayer/Persistent World Game Of The Year

About The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS)

The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) was founded in 1996 as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and recognition of the interactive arts. The Academy’s mission is to promote and advance common interests in the worldwide interactive entertainment community; recognize outstanding achievements in the interactive arts and sciences; and conduct an annual awards show (Interactive Achievement Awards) to enhance awareness of the interactive art form.  The Academy also strives to provide a voice for individuals in the interactive entertainment community.

More information about the AIAS can be found at www.interactive.org < http://www.interactive.org/ >.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!