Author Topic: Analyst likes Revolution  (Read 2430 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Analyst likes Revolution
« on: May 23, 2005, 09:34:08 AM »
article

He thinks the cost is going to be an advantage for Nintendo nextz gen, though he expects a userbase distribution similar to the current generation.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Analyst likes Revolution
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 09:44:09 AM »
Which is find by me.  As lackluster as people thing the GCN is, it has enough of a userbase to stay in business, and thats all I'm worried about.  

People getting hung up on having to choose which system they should buy need to relaxe.  It's as simple as deciding which games you like better... and if you can't decide that, just buy both.  In the grand scheme of things, grabbing the PS3 a year into its life for 200 bucks isn't going to break the bank.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 09:48:21 AM »
And the GCN actually managed to be profitable, whereas the Xbox lost a mint and the PS2 was a dodgy proposition.

Financially I have no problem with Nintendo remaining 3rd in system sales, so long as they keep sending me dividends.  

Offline LuWoo75

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 01:31:07 PM »
my post is a train wreck looses money on every xbox that is sold so they havta be #1 this gen or they wont make it to next gen.  But actually I'll havta agree with ol Billy G when he called the Nrev a "niche" system, as i'm sure he has been doing a lil corporate esponage.  That's not a bad thing though.

I was over on some Apple boards and overall talk about the Nrev has been optimistic.  I think we all agree that not showing more of the Nrev was a bad marketing stagedy, but they havent did anything so far that would make someone not get the Nrev.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 02:35:44 PM »
Nintendo is in that niche "profit" market.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 04:29:24 PM »
i dislike how analysts think they know what will happen.  wow...if rev launches against ps3 and it still has its loyal fanbase in tact then it will look to analysts like rev is teh super console and everyone will jump ship..when really nothing has changed.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline StrainX

• View Profile
RE:Analyst likes Revolution
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 05:29:43 PM »
None the less, analysts are a realistic source of bias and bandwagoning in any market, and the console market is no exception. Whomever pulls their strings can make or break a console.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 05:35:04 PM »
Analysts work for companies like CNN.  CNN reports news.  Parents watch the news and believe every word of it.  If the man in front of the camera tells them to buy their a kid a Rev, then they're probably going to buy their kid a Rev.  The kid tells his friends how cool it is to play a game with his brain TEH REVOLUTION, and they all beg their parents for one.  They're good parents, so they do some research.  Oh!  Man talking on CNN.com says to buy a Rev, must be a good idea!  

Sales increase, Nintendo buys EA.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline chaos

• View Profile
RE:Analyst likes Revolution
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 05:50:07 PM »
To find the future just read an anaylsts report and then think of the opposite, works usually. Honestly most people in forums like this have just as much knowledge as these analysts some even more so.
To The finder... the island of Koholint, is but an illusion... human, monster, sea, sky... A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye... Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle... Cast-Away, you should know the truth!