Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 764079 times)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1475 on: January 05, 2015, 09:55:35 AM »
Shovel Knight was recently on sale on Steam so got it. Though with my wireless controller occasionally causing me deaths, I'm starting to regret not getting it on WiiU.
Mission...complete?

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 06, 2015, 09:56:58 PM »
I'm officially part of the problem. Bought a Kirby Amiibo.
Feel kind of dirty giving NoA my money after the way this whole thing has been handled. No, I'm not proud.
 :-[
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1477 on: January 06, 2015, 10:00:08 PM »
Just bought the Phoenix Wright trilogy on 3DS. There was no Canada tax, so I had no...

(•_•)    
( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
...objections.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 10, 2015, 04:26:42 PM »
I haven't posted in here in awhile, but I was pretty proud of today's haul.

Pit amiibo - Toys R Us - $13.99.
Boxed Donkey Kong for Intellivision with manual - Used media store - $4.49.
Random bunch of Civilization stuff - Mission store - $3.
Included two copies of Civilization: Call to Power in one Call to Power Jewel Case, a copy of Civilization II in Jewel Case, the manual to Civ2 and the tech charts for both.

Yay! :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1479 on: January 10, 2015, 06:54:03 PM »
We got two new Amiibos-- Peach and Zelda. Girl power!
We also got a World of Nintendo mini level kit deal with Penguin Luigi.
Finally, we got LEGO Batman 3 from Best Buy for the Vita for $9.99. The 3DS version was also that price.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 10, 2015, 09:29:47 PM »
Civilization 2 is probably my favorite.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 11, 2015, 03:56:34 PM »
Eh... bought a big bag of used Skylander stuff today - about 7 Swap Force figures, plus 5 or 6 normal figures we didn't already have, plus the Swap Force game and portal for Wii so we can now play on either console.

Paid $50 for the lot, so not a steal by any means... but Swap Force figures are pricey at retail if you can even still find them, so I wasn't disappointed.  Someone else had talked to him buy earlier, but kept lowballing until he got fed up.  Their loss.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 11, 2015, 04:03:09 PM »
I'm hunting for a Pit amiibo for my sister. Nice find. Good to know they are still in the wild so I will keep looking.

I MIGHT have secured a pre-order of the limited edition Majora's Mask through the help of a friend. Hoping that works out.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 11, 2015, 04:13:25 PM »
I'm hunting for a Pit amiibo for my sister. Nice find. Good to know they are still in the wild so I will keep looking.

I MIGHT have secured a pre-order of the limited edition Majora's Mask through the help of a friend. Hoping that works out.

My Pit wasn't in the wild though - my TRU got *three* in, each of which was for a preorder.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 12, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »
I got Bayonetta 2 for xmas, $50 amazon gift card, and $30 Gamestop gift card.  Got the following with the gift cards:
Hyrule Warriors
Dragon Age:Origins
Radiant Historia
Twisted Metal: Black
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Spiderman 2

So I'll have plenty of things to play inbetween bouts of Destiny.  Torn on where to start, though.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: January 12, 2015, 04:00:12 PM »
I finally found a decent-looking used copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn. Thankfully the Gamestop sticker peeled off with minimal issue which is a double win.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 12, 2015, 06:40:37 PM »
Forza Motorsport 5: Game of the Year Edition (little did I know that it doesn't come with all the cars/tracks from the season pass.)
Zoo Tycoon (which I got all the DLC for free ironically enough)
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 14, 2015, 10:57:43 PM »
Received a bunch of Wii U games yesterday:

Need for Speed: Most Wanted: 18 euro
I have still yet to play more of Burnout Paradise and i usually don't buy similar games or games in the same series until i finish previous installments, but there are a few niggling problems with BP (navigation in the city seriously confuses me), and at that price i am willing to check if they were addressed in Criterion's other open-world racing game.

The Wonderful 101: 22 euro
Just wanted to have a physical copy of 2013 GOTY...

Wii Party U: 22 euro
Hopefully will get a chance to gather few of my friend to play this...

Captain Toad: 30 euro
Shibata robbed me of placing Toad into 2014 GOTY list (though "list" is a rather strong word for a single 2014 title that i consider GOTY-material)

Wii Fit U (balance board, game and that stupid tamagotchi thing): 50 euro
I need my stupid plastic Nintendo gimmick crap. This is actually a good price -- it's almost double-triple in other retailers.

Shipping cost me 30 euros

It will take me a few days to carry all of them from my workplace to home, mostly because Wii Fit U box is rather massive...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 15, 2015, 03:17:09 PM »

The Wii U Super Indie Connection sale did it's job admirably... three new games are in the process of downloading.  Guacamelee, SteamWorld Dig, and Teslagrad.  Two I already owned, although one of those is via Steam and hasn't been played yet.  Still pretty happy though - this really fleshes out my Wii U digitial content.

« Reply #1489 on: January 15, 2015, 03:31:32 PM »
I bought pretty much all the digital games on Wii U I was ever going to during the DDP, now that is over I will return to getting them on PS3/PS4/Steam where they belong. There are a few that I want on Wii U that are exclusive but for the most part I took advantage of the promotion to get all the main ones I couldn't live without.

I will freely admit I am all over the Virtual Console but the Wii virtual console, I have hardly anything for Wii U because there is hardly anything worth buying I don't already have on Wii.

Not today but probably when I get paid I do plan on picking up Mario Kart 8, the last real Wii U game worth buying that I don't already own, that is unless they hold off on the $10 sales for Galaxies 2 I might get that one before it goes up in price, if not I will wait to get the actual disc, since I discovered I do enjoy the first one even though I didn't think I would. Unless someone wants to loan me the $10 and I pay them back gift me the game while on sale or email me a code and I will hit you back with a ten dollar game next week?
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 18, 2015, 01:12:51 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Game-Packs-2nd-Series-Scratch-off-Game-Cards-48-CT-O-Pee-Chee-Brand-New-/201262064987?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2edc27655b

I *finally* broke this seller down and talked him into lowering the price on this (bugged him about it a year ago... my charms must have worked for him this time - and I picked up a box of these suckers.

There's super-common "Series 1" of these cards, but then there's "Series 2" - which, as far as I can tell, only had a limited release in Canada.

The set consists of 36 "Scratch Off" game cards and 33 stickers.  This box had 48 packs of cards, each pack with 3 game cards and 1 sticker - meaning I only got 48 stickers, so I had a decent chance of not getting a full set.  Luckily, I did!  Yay!

I've wanted this set for awhile, so I'm glad to have finally got it!

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 18, 2015, 07:09:52 AM »
I've wanted this set for awhile, so I'm glad to have finally got it!

Very cool - I (vaguely) remember these from when I was a kid, and they were pretty cool.

Not sure I'd pay that much for the nostalgia... but on a "per pack" basis that isn't so bad and these must be pretty rare. Can totally understand the collector appeal.

Any chance you'd post photos?  I'd love to see the stickers or some of the old scratch game cards again.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 18, 2015, 07:24:13 AM »
So Target is shutting down in Canada. That sucks for a bunch of reasons, including the fact that Target has been a fantastic source of cheap video games and accessories (among other stuff) over the past year or two. 
 :'(

On the upside, while checking out the store this week I did grab Bravely Default (3DS) for $20.  Not super cheap, but seemed like a very good price for a game that I've long been interested.  Opinions seem a bit mixed from RFN podcast... look forward to playing it myself, although probably not for a while given my current backlog.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1493 on: January 18, 2015, 10:54:14 AM »
The worst part about Target closing is they yanked all of the eShop cards out immediately after the announcement. No more slightly discounted cards to fund the grand digital conversion. :(
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 18, 2015, 01:27:31 PM »
Any chance you'd post photos?  I'd love to see the stickers or some of the old scratch game cards again.

Just for you... :D
http://imgur.com/gallery/kJ2uG/

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 18, 2015, 01:48:34 PM »
I used to have a ton of those Nintendo cards, several complete sets.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 18, 2015, 04:48:40 PM »

Just for you... :D
http://imgur.com/gallery/kJ2uG/

Thanks!  Like a trip down memory lane (for about half the cards; the other half are completely new to me).

The Top Secret Tips were pretty awesome back in the day. Since this was before internet, you either had to buy a strategy guide, use the tips hotline, or rely on playground wisdom otherwise.  Instructions for the scratch games look kind of terrible now... but I remember thinking how cool they were back when I was a kid.
 ;D

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 18, 2015, 04:52:15 PM »
Maybe it is the card/tabletop gamer in me, but I could see that game being pretty cool with a few tweaks. Too bad you can only scratch the cards once.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 18, 2015, 05:42:43 PM »
Maybe it is the card/tabletop gamer in me, but I could see that game being pretty cool with a few tweaks. Too bad you can only scratch the cards once.

No, you take a silver crayon and "color" the circles back in - then you can scratch it off all over again. ;)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 18, 2015, 05:45:50 PM »
One day UncleBob is going to own every card they ever printed.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent