Author Topic: Which third-party are you most excited to see on board?  (Read 4092 times)

Offline D_MaN87

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Which third-party are you most excited to see on board?
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:16:21 AM »
Two weeks into the wii's launch, and already it has more third party support then gamecube ever had.  I was just wondering which third party you most are excited to see making games for wii?  Or which would you most like to see if they are not already on board.  Myself being a final fantasy fan love the idea of square being onboard.  Im hoping dragon quest is good, and that FF:CC wii is better then its GC counterpart.  I would totally mark out for a chrono trigger game on the VC, or even a remake (or Chrono break) for the wii.  
Wii Number: 1080 3358 2033 2880
FF3 Number: 2620 7985 5351
Diddy Kong Racing DS: 0688 1563 4718

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Which third-party are you most excited to see on board?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 08:34:32 AM »
It's too early to call because we don't know how deep that third parties commitment will extend. Example: The Capcom 5.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
RE: Which third-party are you most excited to see on board?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 02:57:07 AM »
I hope Ubisoft continues support. They have really been making great games the past few years. Especially Ubisoft Montreal.  I would like to see some Free Radical stuff on the Wii. Timesplitters 4 anybody!!???
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 03:42:54 AM »
Ion storm, only because they are the  last remains of the awesome Looking Glass Studios which is now deceased , and because the remote screams to be used in a Thief game, it would be nothing short of incredible if such game cames to be a reality.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 04:17:46 AM »
I'm with Ryan on Ubisoft.  They're probably my favorite 3rd party developer/publisher.

I'm glad Konami is doing Elebits, and if that's successful enough I really hpe they'll put a Castlevania game on the Wii.  Lament of Innocence for the PS2 is nearly perfect as a 3D Castlevania game, and a game in that vein with Wii whip controls would be awesome.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline Pittbboi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 05:24:51 AM »
I think the producer of Castlevania has already stated that he doesn't think Wii is appropriate for Castlevania...though if the console gets anymore popular i see that changing.

I think it's a little too early to root for a certain third party. Sure, a lot of developers are being quoted saying how cool they think the Wii is, but that was the same for the Gamecube, and even at the height of its popularity most of those same developers threw only Disney and other crappy titles and poorly ported junk to the cube just to fund their real projects on other systems. So it really could go either way at this point. I would say Ubisoft since it seems to be the most gung-ho for the Wii, but at the same time, all of their games seem to be mediocre at best (with the small exception of Rayman), so maybe they shouldn't be so gung-ho and focus on making better games.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 05:25:59 AM »
Its a 3 way tie with me
I'm happy to see Tecmo, SNK and Square all making games for the Wii. I just hope Tecmo and SNK don't disappoint me.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 05:40:39 AM »
Going by my game library I'd probably welcome Capcom the most. I don't think they're on board yet?

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 05:41:58 AM »
Square.

They've always been the key to winning in Japan so if they do continue support, the Wii wins in Japan (if it hasn't already) and all 3rd party Japanese devs follow suit.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 05:46:01 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
Square.

They've always been the key to winning in Japan so if they do continue support, the Wii wins in Japan (if it hasn't already) and all 3rd party Japanese devs follow suit.

Right on. Not only am I excited to play their games, but they hold a lot of sway in the Platform Wars.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 06:32:42 AM »
KDR: I keep forgetting about it myself, but Capcom has announced an RE game for Wii.

Personally I'm most excited about Square Enix, although I'm not as big on RPGs as I once was.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 06:54:52 AM »
Blizzard. Wait.
Data East, if someone can bring us Double Dragon on the VC.

Offline xanrastafari

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 01:12:22 PM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
Ion storm, only because they are the  last remains of the awesome Looking Glass Studios which is now deceased , and because the remote screams to be used in a Thief game, it would be nothing short of incredible if such game cames to be a reality.

I'd say that Irrational Games carries more of the spirit of Looking Glass than Ion Storm does... though I'm not sure if it has any of the actual employees.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 06:40:36 PM »
Probably Intelligent Systems, R + D 1, Inis, Retro, NST, Tokyo EAD, etc.  

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 10:22:14 PM »
I can't really say Sega, Capcom, Square or Namco since they started to "help" out during the Gamecube and jumped on to development of the Wii pretty early. So I would have to say Temco, because it lends itself to the possiblity of have Ninja Gaiden on the system. (DOA is a nice game, but were getting Loli forms of the character in Super Swing Golf.)

What I hope will come from Sega is a game in the Panzer Dragoon line because the controler just lends itself well to that type of game.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 02:41:30 AM »
As it seems how Sony is supposedly pissing off 2D RPG makers I hope Nippon Ichi, Atlus(more support from them is always nice), and maybe even Gaijinworks(once they start doing something) will fill a nice niche market some of us Nintendo fans are liking that the DS is getting. And I want to see more Japanese Dev support since as odd as it sounds Nintendo almost practically got the Western developer support nailed down.  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 05:31:46 AM »

Originally posted by: xanrastafari

Originally posted by: mantidor

I'd say that Irrational Games carries more of the spirit of Looking Glass than Ion Storm does... though I'm not sure if it has any of the actual employees.

oh I see, I'm not really that familiar with what happened to Looking Glass' employees after they were out of business, only what I read about the development of Thief III, I just really, really want another Thief game! sadly chances are very low, and we'll have to conform with splinter cell, which pales in comparison to Thief.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 06:09:22 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey Personally I'm most excited about Square Enix, although I'm not as big on RPGs as I once was.

Likewise, but their presence means that many other devs will follow suit and bring games to the Wii instead of other consoles.

With all the games coming out, I'm far more likely to want to try some of them.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64