Author Topic: Worth Getting More Nunchucks (Gold even) & 'Motes?  (Read 3056 times)

Offline EJtheK

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Worth Getting More Nunchucks (Gold even) & 'Motes?
« on: November 26, 2012, 11:24:45 AM »
Hey guys,

If Nintendo does in fact bring back the Gold Nunchuck reward on Club Nintendo today, I have a dilemma: is it worth it?  For that matter, is it worth getting more Wiimotes and nunchucks at all?  :Q

I have 2 'chucks and 4 'motes (only two with Motion Plus though).  It'd be great to have more for Nintendo Land (for Metroid Blast, of course); although, I do have a friend that can bring some over when we all play.  However, I'm not sure I'm going to always need an excess of Wii Remotes and nunchucks in the years ahead.

900 coins is a high price on Club Nintendo.  It's a very high price, and will eat up more than half of my stash.  :Q   I'm not sure how I feel about doing this if I'm never going to need 3+ nunchucks.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or gone through this dilemma themselves?

BTW and FYI, this offers a great way to get a new Wii Motion Plus Remote for less: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10870696 ... Same dilemma!  :cool;

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Worth Getting More Nunchucks (Gold even) & 'Motes?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 11:58:53 AM »
I only had two remotes, no Wii Motion Plus. I bought a black one with it built in for $15. At that price, it's worth it. Anything more, not a chance.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 01:14:09 PM »
I ordered it only because I have so many coins and I never use them. I'm not bragging; the selection isn't great. I think I even let some coins expire a few years ago (not on purpose, I forgot to log in and use them). I suppose if I ever absolutely need a 3rd Wii Remote and Nunchuck, I have one now. I just need that sweet, sweet 3DS game card case to come back. I'd pay extra for it.

I might get solitaire too.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:16:17 PM by Adrock »

Offline EJtheK

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 02:12:30 PM »
Thanks for the input!

I did end up ordering one today.  I'm in the same boat you're in, Adrock.  I do like a few things up there, but there's not a lot...  Besides, this one is practical.

That 3DS card case is indeed pretty slick.  I bet they'll bring that one back since it was so popular.  That was my favorite Club Nintendo reward so far.  I hope you get a shot at one soon!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 06:27:33 PM »
Since they appear to be the primary controllers for mutiplayer games, I'd say it's worth having 4 Wiimotes (Plus) and Nunchuks if you think you'll ever play with that many people.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 08:45:19 PM »
Yes, I think it is important to have at least 3 wiimote pluses and Nunchuks...you want to fully be able to use your system with your friends afterall.  I can see people investing in one extra game pad also...or whatever they are calling it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 08:46:42 PM »
Yes, the Wii U GamePad (not the retarded term "uMote" that some people call it).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
And yes, it's spelled "spike" (not that stupid spelling "spyke" that some people use).

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 10:01:26 AM »
Totally depends on your playing habits.

For a while, it was totally worth having a full set of four Wii controllers for me because we had a lot of parties at our place. After my wife finished school, we moved away, got new jobs, had kids, etc etc... it became much less useful since we don't have the same playing habits at all. I still want two full sets of controllers, but anything more is unnecessary.

However, the gold nunchuck is pretty sweet. It's the most useful physical reward from Club Nintendo so far, although I would argue that game downloads are possibly better. If you don't like the nunchuck then you can probably sell as a collector's item and get reasonable value for your coins (maybe buying a normal nunchuck with cash left over). If you have that many coins just lying around the question really does become: what else are you planning on using them for?
NNID: ejamer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 03:25:41 PM »
What colors do we have so far? White, Black, Blue, Gold, Red?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 03:32:25 PM »
What colors do we have so far? White, Black, Blue, Gold, Red?

There is also pink: http://www.amazon.com/Pink-Nunchuck-Controller-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B004NT9WU8/ref=sr_1_9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1354048314&sr=1-9&keywords=Nunchuk

Nevermind, I think that is third party and I assume you meant first party.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 07:06:09 PM »
Wii U GamePad = WUG?

Wiiblet? Wablet?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 08:35:48 PM »
Murder of Crows, Mob of Goblins. Moblins.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »
Molblins.

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 12:34:00 PM »
It depends on what you are going to use your Wii Remotes for.
I like to play games like New Super Mario Bros U. or Nintendo Land with my friends, and Wii Remotes are needed for that. I am also looking forward to games like Wii Fit U which use the Wii Remote most of the time.

As for my collection, I will buy some more Wii Remotes with the built-in Motion Plus, because currently I only got two of those and two regular ones. I think all of the Wii U games require the Motion Plus ones. I am glad they come in multiple colors, makes everything seem more alive. :)
"Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone." - Satoru Iwata