Author Topic: Time to buy those Nintendo Stocks!!!  (Read 11806 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Time to buy those Nintendo Stocks!!!
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:51:36 PM »
Nintendo Stocks Fall to a 5 Year Low on News of Wiiu
I need to call my stock broker.... but I need to find one first.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-08/nintendo-falls-amid-questions-whether-new-console-can-repeat-wii-s-success.html
Nintendo Co. fell to the lowest in more than five years after the unveiling of its high-definition video-game console prompted some analysts to question the company’s ability to repeat the success of its Wii model.

“There were high expectations from the new version of the Wii and this fell far short,” Yusuke Tsunoda, an analyst at Tokai Tokyo Securities Co., said by phone today. “People had expected to see something more at a big event like the E3, but there wasn’t really anything more than what’s already reported.”

Nintendo tumbled 5.7 percent to 16,930 yen at the close of trading in Osaka. More than 2.2 million shares changed hands, compared with a six-month daily average of about 720,000.

Iwata signaled the WiiU will likely be priced at more than 20,000 yen ($250) in Japan when it goes on sale next year, the Nikkei newspaper reported today, citing an interview with the president. Nintendo is unlikely to sell the new console for the same price as the current Wii, the report cited Iwata as saying.

International Business Machines Corp.’s microprocessors will be used in the WiiU system, the Armonk, New York-based company said in a statement.Competition is increasing for Nintendo. Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)’s Kinect motion-sensing controller and Sony’s Move motion controller, both introduced in the past year, have spurred sales, according to industry tracker NPD Group.

Also sounds like a $299 price point is what they are aiming for.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Time to buy those Nintendo Stocks!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 03:28:13 PM »
$211  I can't afford that...  According to the Tokyo Stock Exchange the unit of trading for Nintendo is 100 units so to get in at all I need to have $21,100... I don't have a fifth of that...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
You know I just want someplace to give me a definitive price on the stock... because their it says its $30.72.  Is the $211 the 100 unit price that is used for everything? 

HEEEEAAAAAALLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!

Investor Banker to explain this A GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

On a no way related note, I miss Khan while playing the Japanese EBA games
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
http://www.oneshare.com/stock.aspx?stock=nintendo

Have you used that site?

and
Stock Price: $30.72
Certificate Fee: $39.00

Why such a huge difference? the mark up is almost 30%!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
Next e3 their stocks will soar. Not a better time to buy Nintendo stock.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »
That's quite amazing. The stock surged 2.00 (around 3%) yesterday during its unveiling. Today it dropped 4 and half dollars. I'm going to buy more.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline MorbidGod

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 04:32:02 PM »
http://blogs.Forbes.com/benzingainsights/2011/06/08/did-nintendo-just-screw-up-the-launch-of-wii-u/

Please go and read -- or even glance -- at that article before reading my post. This is a rant against Forbes which will not make sense, unless you read or at least know what that article is talking about.

Anyway, Forbes believes that Nintendo "screwed" up the E3 Press Conference for several reasons. The one that really struck me as odd is that since the conference was invite-only, you could not just go and experience the Wii-U for yourself. That, to me, means the guy clearly didn't understand what E3 is all about. It's not something anyone can walk into -- you have to be in the Press to get in.

Another point, however, was that it was not clear if the Wii-U was a new console, or a new add on to the Wii. I believe everyone at the Press conference knew it was a new console, and every gamer new Nintendo was going to announce a new console at E3. They don't need to spoon feed people and say "This is the new console, this is a controller for said console." We're not idiots, people, and I am sure Forbes is not either. I can see, however, a casual gamer getting confused assuming they were paying attention to a E3. But I dare you to go to your parents who bought a Wii because it's fun and ask them what is a Wii-U, or even E3. They'll scratch their heads and say, "Wii-U? Whats that? E3 who? What is that?" They don't listen to that, they don't care what Nintendo announced today. More then likely, they wont buy the Wii-U next year, either. And Nintendo knows this, as well. So why should Nintendo cater to an audience who is not an audience of E3?

Now they did mention some good points. Mainly, where are the games? This worries me, truly does. Nintendo has to know that the casual audience will buy the Wii-U casually. Look at the Blu-Ray market. Most people did not go out and buy a Blu-Ray player right away, it was a slow process over the years people began to accept it and even prefer it over a regular DVD. Hardcore techies and movie lovers went out and bought one right away. I would have spent $200 dollars on one, assuming I had an HDTV five years ago, but I didn't. I did go out and buy a Blu-Ray with my new HDTV last year, however, because I am just one of those people. My dad still hasn't and probably wont because it's not that important to him -- and I am sure he isn't the only person like that. My point is, the casual gamer market will eventually purchase a Wii-U. As games come out that they want to play -- and they see how fun the experiences can be on the Wii-U -- they'll fork up $200-$299 for it (hopefully it is somewhere in that price range). But the console will fail if Nintendo exclusively caters to that audience alone, and not to the hardcore. That's why they focused on third party games coming out -- why Ubisoft announced Assassins Creed and that they are working on two original games for the Wii-U. They want the hardcore gamer to see the potential, and they want them to want the new Wii-U. And I actually think E3 2011 for Nintendo was good marketing, and good for what they were trying to do.

Am I alone in thinking this?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 05:29:40 PM »
You buy on the rumor and you sell on the news. This isn't shocking.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »
Nintendo seems quite focused on making Wii U a system for both hardcore and casual gamers, especially with Iwata admitting they kind of lost sight of the core gamers. This complaining about lack of games is silly, the system is probably a year off, there is plenty of time to reveal games at other events. Would you have preferred Nintendo to pull a Smash Brothers for their games "Oh um we have this cool new IP, or we have Mario Wii U but we can't show it since it is still pretty early on". THeir E3 was obviously built on showing the potential for the new system, not necessarily the games, which will likely be touched upon in the Fall like they usually do. Heck if it is pushed back to a Fall 2012 launch, they could just do what they did with Wii and showcase it at the next E3. It is all dependent on when it is coming out.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline MorbidGod

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 06:11:20 PM »
Nintendo seems quite focused on making Wii U a system for both hardcore and casual gamers, especially with Iwata admitting they kind of lost sight of the core gamers. This complaining about lack of games is silly, the system is probably a year off, there is plenty of time to reveal games at other events. Would you have preferred Nintendo to pull a Smash Brothers for their games "Oh um we have this cool new IP, or we have Mario Wii U but we can't show it since it is still pretty early on". THeir E3 was obviously built on showing the potential for the new system, not necessarily the games, which will likely be touched upon in the Fall like they usually do. Heck if it is pushed back to a Fall 2012 launch, they could just do what they did with Wii and showcase it at the next E3. It is all dependent on when it is coming out.

The thing is, Iwata admitted that work on Super Smash Bros has not actually started. And all in game footage was actually Xbox 360 and PS3, not Wii-U's. This means the developers are just getting the developer kits. That means they have a year to start making good games and get it ready. I believe some developers, like EA and Ubisoft, will be able to get this done easily. They are so massive it's not going to be a problem. Other, smaller developers probably wont make launch. Nintendo needs a lot of third party support at launch, big titles, with a few of their own games. And a Mario Galaxy 3 (or just another major platform title) from Mario would also be nice. I don't expect to see these games in action, but it would be nice to hear about the console after the developers have had 4 to 6 months to actually work on games and show us what they are going to do.

But at least it was not as bad as Sony trying to show their motion control in Dual Shock 3 controller with early prototypes. That was absolutely the worst E3 showing ever, and a blatant attempt at trying to copy Nintendo's motion controls.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »
Television, Print, and Web advertising is where the public are supposed to know about a Video game system. E3 is for nerds only , who can get overzealous if things arent exactly like they hoped. This reminds me of the gamecube spaceworld reveal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qUavULj4Bo

I was going to say very few of that stuff materialized, but actually 90% of it did. It took a while for twilight princess to come out, and I ended up buying it on wii instead. The other thing being Perfect Dark 0 ending up on 360 instead. I also don't know what pokemon games ended up coming out cus I knew whatever did wasnt what I was going to want anyhow. I'm more of a fan of the anime than the actual games.

Also, is it me or do you think Nintendo is planning a Kid Icarus Anime? That could finally give Kid Icarus the boost he needs. I know he was in Captain N, but that doesn't count.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 07:04:42 PM »
I can't say it's surprising, given what was shown. It felt like Nintendo wasn't actually ready to unveil the new system, they just wanted to be the first ones to do so and knew it would be leaked if they did not. Still, selling stock seems like a bit of an overreaction, it would be better to wait and see how it's going to turn out first since it's so far off. If this thing were releasing in a few months as is then yeah, get out while you can. But it's so far away that it's going to be a lot different when it finally launches.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »
honestly im surprised the reaction wasn't more positive. I'm perplexed, im one of the more negative Nintendo fans and I think they had a good show.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 08:22:19 PM »
3rd parties won't have much of a problem releasing games for Wii U's launch, most of will be ports of the 360/PS3 games, they have almost a year to port them. With Nintendo, well it is Nintendo, they keep stuff under wraps until a few months before release. There are already hints that Pikmin 3 will be a launch title. Really though I would not give my hopes up for exclusive 3rd party stuff at launch, like most console launches it is going to ports with some "exclusive" features here and there that take advantage of the controllers.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 08:27:38 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 08:44:50 PM »
Buy a quality mutual fund so you have diversified investments.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 10:30:10 PM »
i expect Pikmin to be a reveal next year because that gives some weight next year, and because Skyward Sword will be out and well past its prime sells window they might show off the other Zelda.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 12:52:58 AM »
But the console will fail if Nintendo exclusively caters to that audience alone, and not to the hardcore.

Yeah, but Nintendo needs the casual market too, and that's the tightrope its walking.  If Wii-U is only able to sell about 55 million units worldwide by its 5th year on store shelves, people will see that as a failed console.  55 million by year 5?  That's the Xbox 360 right now.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 01:11:11 AM »
http://www.oneshare.com/stock.aspx?stock=nintendo

Have you used that site?

and
Stock Price: $30.72
Certificate Fee: $39.00

Why such a huge difference? the mark up is almost 30%!

Actually, I think that's like 130% markup.  I believe you have to pay the stock price and the certificate fee...

No, I haven't used it... one of these days, when credit cards are all paid off (end of the year), I plan to. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 01:57:22 AM »
http://blogs.Forbes.com/benzingainsights/2011/06/08/did-nintendo-just-screw-up-the-launch-of-wii-u/

Please go and read -- or even glance -- at that article before reading my post. This is a rant against Forbes which will not make sense, unless you read or at least know what that article is talking about.

Forbes Magazine is a blight upon the world.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 05:55:51 AM »
stupid Forbes.... they announced it, not launched it.  Theres a difference Wii U wont come out till 2012 according to Iwata.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 01:44:52 AM »
The difference with certitfied stock prices?  Ones electronical and ones paper.  You can print them out yourself if you really wanted them but why bother? 

And two I wonder if that's just the one fee of $9 whatever.  When you buy shares you don't usually buy just the one.

And 5% low that's nothing--you should see some companies in my 401k. 

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 01:52:21 AM »
Also you might want to try etrader for buying stocks.

$9.99 per transaction.  Easy to use and there's lots of tips.  Number 1 online broker.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 01:19:07 PM »
Don't you also have to pay taxes on this ****?
is your sanity...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
Only if you sell at a profit. (Capital gains taxes are a B***H, girlfriend.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.