Author Topic: Halogen lights confuse Wiimote  (Read 8959 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE:Halogen lights confuse Wiimote
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 10:44:06 PM »

The Wii isn't going to sell like Nintendo wants it to if people have to meet certain geography and lighting requirements for the thing to work correctly.

Well, that didn't stop the Game Boy...
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 11:10:28 PM »
If im correct the controller runs on bluetooth. The only major potential problem i see there is that it may be susceptible to a crowded spectrum issues.
Last week me and a friend ran a small stress test by game sharing on PSP, sending data wirelessly to my phone via bluetooth and downloading to my PC wirelessly and all three ran slower than usual. All three were within 1m of each other so thats probably why, but it still potentially can cause effects elsewhere at a bigger distance.

I'm not sure if it will cause a problem for Wii, and i doubt it given it's working at a distance, but being in a crowded wifi zone might affect it a little. Lucky for us the nearest wifi zone aside from here is a phone box, but then there are places like Canary Wharf (and soon the City) which is completely blanket covered with wifi (and subsequently is completely covered in nintendo wifi stickers).

Offline thejeek

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Halogen lights confuse Wiimote
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2006, 11:12:40 PM »

Well, that didn't stop the Game Boy...

Well, I was a bit pissed off that having queued up to collect my pre-order in the middle of the night, I couldn't play mine in the dark, and then the next day I found I couldn't play it in direct sunlight either... I found that the place with perfect lighting turned out to be the tube (the subway) - I ended up taking lots of unnecessary trips just to play on it. The DS was a godsend - my pile of neglected GBA carts suddenly got a second outing!

[EDIT: spellung]

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 01:40:23 AM »
Most will play with their Wiis at home, so most shouldn't have any problem with interfearence unless everything they own runs on some sort of EM device.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline thejeek

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 01:59:28 AM »

Most will play with their Wiis at home

Yes - doing that in public can get you locked up :-)

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2006, 02:44:08 PM »
Rich people have recessed "can" lights in their dens/living rooms. Rich people will be mad at you, Nintendo.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Aussiedude

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2006, 01:51:35 AM »
While at my friends house (housesitting) the infra-red remote stopped working (worked intermittently) for the pay TV. At first I thought the batteries were flat, but then I noticed I had the hall light (which is a fluro replacement bulb for a normal incandescent bulb and is not concealed) turned on which was directly opposite (about 18 feet) the IR receiver which was placed high up on top of the entertainment centre.

Once the light was turned off the remote worked again. Turning on the same lamps in the lounge room (5 of them) which were concealed in the ceiling had no effect and the remote worked perfectly.

So to put it simply if you can use your standard IR TV remote with no problems you should not have a problem with the Wii. Placing the Wii remote sensor under the TV instead of on top will probably also work better as it will be less "in line of sight" with any light source.

Will Wii Win?  

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2006, 12:20:13 PM »
If you can believe it, it really seems like the N64 controller sitting on my computer desk (I use it for PC games) seems to interfere with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection thingy.  If I move the controller over, kinda "behind" it, then I don't have a problem.  Weird.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2006, 04:07:18 PM »
Sound like you have bad sheilding on a cord.  What really will interefere with something like that is if you try to get a wifi connection under a running car.  But I wouldn't recommend it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Zel768

• View Profile
Re: Halogen lights confuse Wiimote
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 10:35:21 PM »
Rich people have recessed "can" lights in their dens/living rooms. Rich people will be mad at you, Nintendo.

I am a rich person but I am mad at Nintendo But I do i agree with him.,

Ugh, banned and stuff... why is this ridiculousness getting worse? ~Pale
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:20:30 AM by Pale »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 11:54:54 PM »
What is up with the recent influx of new members who make a single post in a years-old topic with nothing of substance to say?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 11:56:31 PM »
WTF
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2009, 12:24:48 AM »

I am a rich person but I am mad at Nintendo But I do i agree with him.,

Flashlight Spam.  Notice that's not a signature - it's added into the post manually.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:21:32 AM by Pale »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2009, 12:37:38 AM »
Good catch there.

SPAMMERS BE WARNED, THE NIPPLER IS ON YOUR CASE
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »
What is up with the recent influx of new members who make a single post in a years-old topic with nothing of substance to say?

I don't mind that as much as the horrible grammar/spelling >:[
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.