Author Topic: My Nintendo Haul today...  (Read 2846 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
My Nintendo Haul today...
« on: April 10, 2009, 08:03:45 PM »
So, I had to take the poop-machines out to get groomed.  While out, I hit up some places - only bought anything at Toys R Us.

I got Advance Wars: Days of Ruin for $19.99.  Picked up Personal Trainer: Math for $19.99.  Then, got one half off (all games $19.99 or less are Buy One Get One Half Off!).  Then, picked up the TRU exclusive Soul Bubbles for $5 (it was on sale!)

Then, I got some candies!

I actually had gotten two of these before at TRU, the red and green mushroom.  Today, I completed my collection with the Blue one.  The Star tin came from Game Crazy a few days ago.  The Zelda Shield came from TRU today as well.  Pac-Man isn't Nintendo, but he's still awesome.  Came from TRU today too.

The three mushrooms have sour hard candies in them.  They're tiny mushroom shaped pieces that are Sour Cherry (red), Sour Apple (green), and Sour Blue Raspberry (blue).  The Zelda tin has weak Altoid-like mints in it.  The Pac-Man tin has "power pellets" in it that don't taste very good.  The Star tin has the best little star-shaped candies in it ever.  They're super-delicious.

Then, I got these.

When the crew came down for the Mega Faceball failure event, they brought these with them:

The ones I picked up today are apparently the "second series".  How odd that they made a Princess Daisy figure before Peach?

Unfortunately, they didn't have the whole series!  Shy Guy was no where to be seen.  I guess he was too shy...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:46:51 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: My Nintendo Haul today...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 08:07:12 PM »
Holt sie euch alle!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 08:58:48 PM »
Oh wow, just WAOW.

I might've skimmed by these on eBay a few days ago.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 09:44:30 PM »
I thought you'd be interested in that one - that's why it got a close up pic (sorry it's so crappy...)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »
Nice pickup. All of that stuff is at Hot Topic but I'm sure Toys "R" Us would have cheaper prices.
I can't believe they added Lakitu, Para Goomba, and even Shy Guy to the series but not Toad or Birdo. That's gotta be some kind of blasphemy.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 11:14:56 PM »
I do love Lakitu though...  Should have packed a Spiney ball in with him though...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 11:46:26 PM »
What's not to like about a cloud-riding turtle sporting sunglasses and tossing out a mysteriously never-ending supply of spiked-creature eggs? Just another logic-defying character to make the Marioverse that much more awesome.

Though Lakitu's voice in Mario baseball is annoying, mostly because he doesn't say any word intelligibly.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 03:37:31 AM »
poop machines?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 02:47:01 PM »
Dogs.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 06:53:16 PM »
if i had a job i would have those too, i had to fight my urge to by a batman toy yesterday.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 09:28:48 PM »
UB make sure you go get an adjustment on your Advance Wars purchase, it's down to $9.98 this week!
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 09:37:13 PM »
I really want that Zelda, Star, and PacMan candy tins. I'd be perfect for my EXPLICATIVE.
black fairy tales are better at sports