Author Topic: Tax on Wii Points?  (Read 9404 times)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Tax on Wii Points?
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 10:22:29 PM »
Oh I forgot, it's only 5% now in Alberta.

And the healthcare system doesn't suck, but I'm not going to get into an argument on that. I'll just say that I'd gladly pay more taxes for what we get in return.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 11:06:55 PM »

Wow. I didn't know Alberta lowered it's taxes from the already low taxes they had compared to other provinces *sigh*.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 04:13:57 AM »

Wow. I didn't know Alberta lowered it's taxes from the already low taxes they had compared to other provinces *sigh*.
Alberta doesn't have any provincial tax I believe.  That would just be the federal GST.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 07:06:06 AM »
Where's Ian? He can attest to the sales taxes up in British Columbia Canada. 14%.

It's "only" 12% now.  The federal government lowered the GST to 5% while the PST (Provincial Sales Tax) remains at 7%.

And the sad thing is I'm really happy that it's gone down to 12%.  You know you're overtaxed when the sales tax goes down and it's still higher than American states where the sales tax is considered high.

It's been 17.5% for as long as i remember.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »
I'll just say that I'd gladly pay more taxes for what we get in return.

If the rest of Canada only had to pay GST I'd be fine with it too.  The fact that Alberta can get their sh!t together without PST and BC for some reason can't drives me nuts.  Odds are we don't HAVE to be as taxed as we are, it's just standard government incompetence.

Getting a chunk of your money taken from the taxman is just part of living in any sort of civilization.  The problem is when said taxman wastes your money and then decides he's going to take MORE from you as a result and you're powerless to stop him.  And the sad thing is that happens to everyone.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 01:19:17 PM »
Getting a chunk of your money taken from the taxman is just part of living in any sort of civilization.  The problem is when said taxman wastes your money and then decides he's going to take MORE from you as a result and you're powerless to stop him.  And the sad thing is that happens to everyone.

Voltaire put it this way: "In general the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one party of citizens to give to the other."

I live in Alabama, and I've had to pay taxes on VC purchases since day 1.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 01:55:33 PM »
The problem is when said taxman wastes your money and then decides he's going to take MORE from you as a result and you're powerless to stop him. 

You are trying to complain to me about having elected officials waste your tax dollars?  The United States wrote the book on this.  Do you have any idea how many trillions of dollars have been wasted in the past 5.5 years?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 02:37:31 PM »
You are trying to complain to me about having elected officials waste your tax dollars?  The United States wrote the book on this.  Do you have any idea how many trillions of dollars have been wasted in the past 5.5 years?

This is going to turn into some sort of reverse fanboy war.  "My country's government is the most incompetent!"  "No, mine is!"  "Your mom's the most incompetent."  "OMG!! pics pls!11" ;)

Then some guy from like Chad or something will post and we'll all look like spoiled whiners.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 09:29:08 AM »
They are all equally incompetent and there is no Sudden Death matches in Government.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 08:12:32 PM »
Well I never have had to pay any tax on Wii points when I was in NV, but now I am in Idaho and I haven't even tried to buy any Wii points since moving. Our sales tax is only 6.5% so I won't complain either way.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 08:26:37 PM »
Well I never have had to pay any tax on Wii points when I was in NV, but now I am in Idaho and I haven't even tried to buy any Wii points since moving. Our sales tax is only 6.5% so I won't complain either way.

You only pay it on food too don't you?
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 08:34:52 PM »
There is not sales tax on Groceries in NV, nor is there Income tax or even Property Tax, just several gaming taxes. Idaho everything has a tax, every thing.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"