Author Topic: Sakurai appreciation thread  (Read 1602 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Sakurai appreciation thread
« on: February 04, 2008, 12:06:46 AM »
Kirby is awesome. Super Smash Bros. and its sequel are fantastic.  Brawl looks stunning. The dojo postings are hilarious. I Sakurai.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
RE: Sakurai appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 03:28:06 AM »
I agree. The problem is that he was really stupid to make the worst part of the game (the uninspired hidden characters and clones) the part we found out about last, making it the freshest thing in our minds. He gave us 12 new original characters, but we knew about all but 2 from Dojo updates, and because he chose to do it that way the unlockables were disappointing. He did a great job making the game, but screwed up by revealing it the way he did.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 03:34:15 AM »
I don't know about you, but the part I found about last was the incredibly awesome and huge soundtrack...

( Sakurai!)  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 04:21:19 AM »
I was so thrilled to hear Sakurai was back for Brawl. It was the #1 thing I was worried about when they stated they were making a third one, and Sakurai was no longer at Nintendo at the time. With the game out in Japan, I can say that I'm disappointed with the hidden characters... but it's the only aspect that didn't live up to my expectations of what looks to be an otherwise fantastic game.

So, I hope if there is a fourth (and hopefully it would be a ways off) that Sakurai is involved.

Also... anyone else hoping that Nintendo makes Sora a second party?
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
RE:Sakurai appreciation thread
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 05:01:12 AM »
The soundtrack is incredible, and it brings back so many happy memories!  I'm listening to it at lunch.    

Even though I would have preferred that one or two more characters would make an appearance, I'm not really disappointed with the roster or the games features at all.  In fact, I'm even more excited about this game than when it was announced.  Given that we do have such a great selection of characters, music, stages, and on-line play, I think this game is well worth the price of admission.  

"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost