Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Dreams  (Read 31653 times)

Offline mewtwofan

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. Dreams
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2013, 01:39:55 AM »
REMEMBER HIM!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:47:29 AM by mewtwofan »

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2013, 07:38:02 AM »
AHH.. yes mewtwo ... known as the strongest pokemon created .. and he is ... the common shadow ball attack ... the ability to teleport without getting hurt ... but at the age of brawl HE WAS FORGOTTEN.. but now he is being revived to battle the strongest foe ever .. genesect ... but mewtwo is different .... now all i wish is  for mewtwo  to come in the next ssb series ... and the only way for this to happen is if everyone wants and asks nintendo to bring him in the next ssb game with both forms ... so don't forget the times mewtwo amazed you in movie's and shows ... but also don't forget his power his speed .... and most of all ..... his history!

mods please make ellipses bannable

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2013, 07:39:57 AM »
But... I use them... a lot...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2013, 10:58:48 AM »
AHH.. yes mewtwo ... known as the strongest pokemon created .. and he is ... the common shadow ball attack ... the ability to teleport without getting hurt ... but at the age of brawl HE WAS FORGOTTEN.. but now he is being revived to battle the strongest foe ever .. genesect ... but mewtwo is different .... now all i wish is  for mewtwo  to come in the next ssb series ... and the only way for this to happen is if everyone wants and asks nintendo to bring him in the next ssb game with both forms ... so don't forget the times mewtwo amazed you in movie's and shows ... but also don't forget his power his speed .... and most of all ..... his history!

Mewtwo is a pretty safe bet. He wasn't forgotten in Brawl, he has a lot of data on the disk and I am certain if not for Sonic's late inclusion Mewtwo would have made it. If I remember and understand correctly Toon Link, Jiggly, Wolf and Mewtwo are like the last characters within the data, no story in Subspace and just tacked on. Those other 3 just had priority over Mewtwo once Sonic shook things up.

Still if you look charafuly Mewtwo's movements lived on in Brawl. The obvious Aura sphere(kinda), Extreem speed(kinda), but the real proof is Lucas. Up Smash, Down Smash, and N Air are very much Mewtwo's attacks buffed to hell. If his moves had that kind of damage and knock back in Melee he might have stunk just a little less.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »
for the worlds most powerful Pokemon  he sure enjoys hanging out in bottom tier....
did somebody seriously create an account just to sing the praises of mewtwo... really?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2013, 12:34:41 AM »
Look at this snipet from an interview I dug up from 2007, or E3 06.

Nintendo: Will the single-player of Super Smash Bros. be the same as it was on the GameCube?
Masahiro Sakurai: No, we're going to change it. I think we're going to try and make a single-player mode that people can enjoy a little bit more than perhaps they did on the GameCube.
Shigeru Miyamoto: This is actually something Mr Sakurai and I have had a difference of opinion on since the very first Smash Bros. game. Mr Sakurai always wanted to have a very deep single-player game, and on the N64 version I just said to him, you know, we've got plenty of very deep single-player games, why don't you hurry up and just focus on multiplayer and don't worry about the single-player. And Mr Sakurai said no, no, no, I want to have some kind of single-player in there so I just said well, make it really short so we can focus on multiplayer and get the game done. And we kind of did a little bit of that on the GameCube, but a bit more single-player than that. This time we're getting a lot of time to focus on Smash Bros., plenty of time to develop it, so people can expect a very robust single-player game.

For the next Smash Bros Dreams article I'd like the story mode to be discussed. I remember very clearly from the original Smash days and Melee days how we all wanted more story. Brawl comes out and all we want now is less. Plus with all the demonizing Miyamoto gets now a'days I'd like to see their response to this. For me the less Kirby style platforming, the better. While Subspace seemingly feels like a typical Kirby game, running around with the different Smash characters in that platformer setting was exhausting. It never felt like a true platformer.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2013, 01:51:05 AM »
People generally don't want an emphasis on story considering how poorly it was handled in Brawl. I'm not entirely against it, but if the new games follow the same patterns as Brawl, definitely DO NOT WANT. If Sakurai insists on having the story mode, he should seriously reconsider the tone. I greatly disliked how serious it was and how it doesn't use Nintendo's history much or at all which is weird for a crossover game. I never really liked the whole trophies-in-their-own-world-where-all-they-do-is-fight thing. I wish the characters are the characters from their respective universes and whatever brings them together is worked into the plot. Each character should stay true to their personalities, how they acted in their games. You see a little of that in the taunts, moves, and victory screen, but in a story mode, I think it'd be awesome if say, Ness calls his mom because he's homesick because he did that in Earthbound. Touches like that could go a long way. No one wants to see Tabuu or Generic Enemy Number 5. No one.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:00:34 AM by Adrock »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2013, 02:55:24 AM »
People generally don't want an emphasis on story considering how poorly it was handled in Brawl.
I want an emphasis on story considering how amazingly it was handled in Kid Icarus Uprising.

Though most of the charm came from voiced dialogue and i wonder if they will be able to do it with a number of characters being mute and with the cost of VA.

If Sakurai went that crazy in KI: U which wasn't all that self- and nintendo pop-culture referential before him, i wonder what will he do in new Smash game considering it's already meta by premise alone.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2013, 03:31:00 AM »
The Subspace Emissary's story was written by Kazushige Nojima.  Kid Icarus Uprising was written by Sakurai himself.  The solution is clear, Sakurai himself needs to write the story for the next Smash Bros and not ask his friends to do it this time.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2013, 07:24:51 AM »
It's unfair to place the blame solely on Nojima for the plot when Sakurai and Nojima cowrite it. Sakurai is even admittedly responsible for the serious tone.
Quote from: Masahiro Sakurai in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Iwata Asks
Some of the characters are on a bus on the way to the stadium. Samus is there. Donkey Kong is there and Snake is watching the bus from afar." It was like that. (laughs) I had envisioned a more serious tone for the story. Something with some misfortune like a single character escaping total annihilation of his squadron and then fighting back while rounding up his allies. Ultimately, we worked together and successfully organized our ideas into the storyline for The Subspace Emissary.
I'm not claiming that Nojima's original idea would have been great. Who knows? Maybe it would have been incomprehensibly silly. Regardless of who pens the story, it depends on what they're trying to do with it.

Offline Artemisfly

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2013, 03:29:03 PM »
the only characters i see are little mac bomber man nights and wisemen(from nights journey or dreams) or Hades and dark pit from the new kid icarus game (which i think is whats gonna happen in the end anyway)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2013, 11:06:29 PM »
I just hope that ethier Waluigi or Zoroark are in it. And of course LUCARIO STAYS IN IT!!!!!! :@
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2013, 11:08:35 PM »
I just hope Waluigi or Zoroark are in it. And of course LUCARIO STAYS IN IT
Made you look ****.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »
With Wii Fit Trainer becoming a character in Smash Bros, and the recent news that the plane from Aero Porter was voted as the people's favourite Level 5 character, I've been thinking alot today about what constitutes a 'video game character' and to what lengths Sakurai might go to surprise us with his roster choices.

For instance, is it conceivable that non-specific action figure could find himself in the roster for Smash Bros? Could the smiling shopping bag from the 3DS eShop make an appearance? Or the camera system from Super Mario Sunshine? What about the hand icon which represents where the Wii remote is pointed at on the screen? Is it a character? Might it replace Master Hand?! I just don't know anymore!

:P:
Gouge away.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2013, 12:47:49 PM »
With Wii Fit Trainer becoming a character in Smash Bros, and the recent news that the plane from Aero Porter was voted as the people's favourite Level 5 character, I've been thinking alot today about what constitutes a 'video game character' and to what lengths Sakurai might go to surprise us with his roster choices.
Sega already did it all decades ago adding that car into one their fighting games.

Sakurai is just catching up.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2013, 12:07:29 AM »
Alternate stock would be amazing. I'd love to just pick my best three or five and battle against somebody that way. It'd be perfect for tourneys and add a new level of strategy
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline syrindigo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2013, 12:59:50 PM »
I don't want Mewtwo in this game even at all. Maybe in a poke ball? I guess. But as far as playable pokemon. I don't want Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and if the pokemon trainer comes back, squritle, ivysaur and charizard. That is WAAAAAAY too many Gen. 1 pokemon... I want to see some new guys. Like how Lucario was. but I want to see different pokemon! I'm pretty sure Sakurai wants to best represent every series as good as possible and ONLY having pokemon from the first generation doesn't do pokemon justice at all, theres way too many great pokemon in all different generations to cry over one that was taken out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2013, 04:54:24 PM »
I don't want Mewtwo in this game even at all. Maybe in a poke ball? I guess. But as far as playable pokemon. I don't want Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and if the pokemon trainer comes back, squritle, ivysaur and charizard. That is WAAAAAAY too many Gen. 1 pokemon... I want to see some new guys. Like how Lucario was. but I want to see different pokemon! I'm pretty sure Sakurai wants to best represent every series as good as possible and ONLY having pokemon from the first generation doesn't do pokemon justice at all, theres way too many great pokemon in all different generations to cry over one that was taken out.
But 1st gen pokemon are more iconic imo.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2013, 05:16:37 PM »
I'll just go ahead and say what we're all thinking and point out that all the Pokémon that came out after gen 1 suck.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2013, 05:51:20 PM »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2013, 06:22:03 PM »
I'll just go ahead and say what we're all thinking and point out that all the Pokémon that came out after gen 1 suck.

Oh you're one of THOSE people.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »
But 1st gen pokemon are more iconic imo.
pokepal just admitted it :Q
he's a gen woner! BOOOOOO!
Made you look ****.