Author Topic: The Legend of Korra [Season 4 airs in Jan/Feb for Australia]  (Read 124653 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Korra [Season finale Fri, Aug. 22nd]
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2014, 08:27:25 PM »
Spoiler in the link.
http://i.imgur.com/qsCmeZS.png
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2014, 08:33:23 PM »
I think her death is the most brutal of the deaths this season.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2014, 10:08:13 PM »
So yeah, I've seen the Season 3 finale. Goddamn, why did it have to take Korra 3 seasons (and getting pulled from television altogether) to get this good? I'm especially happy with that ending, where Korra is just ****ed...up beyond all belief, contrasted with the birth of a new purpose for the Air Nomads that reminds me more than a little of Luke Skywalker's New Jedi Order in the Star Wars expanded universe. It leaves the show in a really interesting position going into the final season.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2014, 02:16:05 AM »
I can not believe how awesome this season of Korra was.  I must say, I have enjoyed every season, and it is hard for me to pick a true favorite.  Season one had a great villain and spent most of the season building characters.  Season 2 focused on really fleshing out the world since the last series.  And I believe this season was a great pulling everything together. 

I loved the intrigue and action…and I loved the finale and giving the Air Nation a new place in this world.  And the mystery of what is truly to become of Korra will be great.  I can't wait to see who she is now, and what they will do with her next.  I hope that these consequences will have a last effect into next season.  She can get better, but if they just magically make her better I will kinda call foul. 

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2014, 01:12:41 PM »
Amazing season. The end....wow. Revealing the a new airbending master was incredibly heartwarming, especially if you remember this scene from the original series.

(I can't link youtube AND do time placement as well, but check it out. You'll know immediately why the moment was so beautiful.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02FkMr21xOA;t=5m2s

A momentous occasion. Aang lost his entire family. His entire way of life. And worse, he blamed himself for it. But now his granddaughter takes up the mantel as the latest airbending master. It's incredibly sweat.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:14:59 PM by Hypotheliciously »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Korra [Season 4 airs in Jan/Feb for Australia]
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2014, 11:15:01 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/29/the-legend-of-korra-book-3-4-au-release-date-revealed

The Legend of Korra fans will be pleased to hear the show’s final season is only a few months away with a Nickelodeon representative telling IGN Book 4 will premiere in Australia in January/February 2015.

Nickelodeon also said Season 3 of the show, titled ‘Book Three: Change’, will premiere sometime in October.

Both seasons will screen on Nickelodeon but will also be made available in full on day one through Foxtel Go and Anytime services, with iTunes following shortly after.

Nickelodeon Australia’s decision to distribute the show through multiple platforms is similar to how the latter half of the show’s third season was distributed in the US via Amazon, Xbox Video, Hulu, Google Play and Nickelodeon’s own on-site streaming service, after the show was abruptly taken off-air mid-season.

A few things to note. If it premeires in Jan/Feb in Australia, its safe to assume that it will be out around the same time for the US. So... January release for Book 4 in the US? Even if it won't release then, the torrents of the Australia broadcast will be available. ;)

The other thing I found interesting is that Australia will be getting the episodes on iTunes, while the US and other regions got the other services mentioned in the article. I wonder if you could trick the service into selling those episodes for other regions?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2014, 11:23:10 PM »
Oh, and if you want to rewatch the series legally and for free, Nick.com put all the episodes back up for streaming instead of just season 3 like before. Check it out here:

http://www.nick.com/legend-of-korra/episodes/

If you have an Xbox 360, you can download the Nick app and watch them on your TV. On Android or iOS you can also install the app and watch them there.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 07, 2014, 03:28:35 PM »
So I just started S3 of Korra.

*Spoilers?*

How is it that the prisoner locked in a mountain with no light, who was not a bender, all of sudden not only discovered that he had the newly acquired ability to bend air, but mastered it in that tiny cell?

it's only been what? a few days since it started happening?

then he also knew exactly where all the other prisoners where held, and managed to free 2 more of them before anyone was alerted that he escaped and freed another prisoner?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:31:10 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 07, 2014, 06:35:54 PM »
At your point, I always took old boy mastering air bending at face value. I could rationalize it by looking at his mental discipline, but I really didn't care. Ditto with him knowing where everyone is. I figured he interrogated someone or simply guessed where they were depending on their bending type.

Keep watching though as most of your concerns have answers.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »
Yeah, it has been established that some people are just natural benders, while other have the ability, but have to work and train hard to be able to do anything worthwhile with it.  He was just a natural bender who didn't have the ability to bend for the first years of his life.
As for the whole escape business... give it time. 
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 07, 2014, 08:37:05 PM »
"Natural bender" sounds like a euphemism for something. 
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #236 on: September 07, 2014, 10:56:46 PM »

?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2014, 12:41:10 AM »
Bite my natural metal ass.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2014, 09:25:30 AM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 10, 2014, 12:09:50 AM »
SO I just finished s3....

why wasn't last season more like this season. I was on edge during most of the final ep, and then when you thought it was all over, it goes and gets all emotional on you.

I thought Korra was about to unlock some blood bending for a minute since the brothers both unlocked lava bending and electricity bending in a time of need.

But seriously, when the Avatar s4 begins, Korra needs to get up on all these new abilities. She may have the ability to do the major 4, but she needs to start mastering all of it.

I was skeptical going into s3, but I think this may have been the best of the 3 so far.
I really look forward to s4 now.

and now a question to all of you, I don't know if it has been asked earlier in the thread.

If you could master any of the bending arts, but can only choose one branch till it's end (as Earth Bending seems to split into metal bending or lava bending.... maybe you can do both, I'm not sure)
Which element do you choose? What is the end ability you hope to achieve? What would you do with it?

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 10, 2014, 01:11:09 AM »
How is it that the prisoner locked in a mountain with no light, who was not a bender, all of sudden not only discovered that he had the newly acquired ability to bend air, but mastered it in that tiny cell?

Mike and Bryan said in an interview with IGN that Zaheer was a master martial artist before he was a bender. Basically, its like giving Jackie Chan a broom to fight with: he can apply his already vast knowledge of fighting to something new. If you look at his style of airbending, he only used it (with exception to flying) to enhance his jumping or punches or kicks. Tenzin, who is a real master, kicked his ass when they fought and actually fought like an airbender would: by flowing like the wind and using the enemies momentum and power against them.

the brothers both unlocked lava bending and electricity bending in a time of need.

Actually, Mako could already bend lightning. He used it in a power plant in season one and actually got the drop on Amon in the season one finale. Then I believe he used it a few times in season two in different fights. He just hadn't used it in season three up until that fight for an unknown reason.

If you could master any of the bending arts, but can only choose one branch till it's end (as Earth Bending seems to split into metal bending or lava bending.... maybe you can do both, I'm not sure)
Which element do you choose? What is the end ability you hope to achieve? What would you do with it?

I used to want to be a firebender. I'd love to be able to wield as that power in my fingertips and be able to manipulate lightning and maybe even combustion energy. Of course, I would use my powers for "good"...

But ever since the season 3 finale I now want to be an airbender for the sole purpose of being able to fly. Its always been a dream (literally) of mine of being able to fly, unassisted, in the air.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 10, 2014, 08:46:06 AM »
Waterbender.  Because, you know, bloodbending. :D

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »
I was torn between earth/metal bending
and Water/Blood bending.

I would be up to absolutely no good with it, and become the richest most powerful person EVER.

With metal bending, I would of course take it to Omega Mutant levels, and be able to bend precious metals and minerals (Platinum, Gold, Diamond bending).

I'm not sure how far I could take water/blood bending. But ultimate assassin comes to mind. no trace of foul play. Omega level would be like Iceman freezing the water in the air, or pulling from the moisture in the air.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 10, 2014, 01:19:20 PM »
Metal bending... the idea is that you're bending the impurities in the metal...  Not sure how useful that'd be with gold/platinum.

Although, they way the final episode ended, I'm not sure about that whole impurities thing.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 10, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »
Fire-bending.

Purely from a physics stand point, it is the most powerful. The end level would be able to control the temperature (or energy) of atoms. Meaning, like suffocating someone with air-bending, I could freeze someone by whisking their energy away.

But even cooler, I'd be able to create plasma. Lava...psshh. That's nothing. Take it further, I could create fusion and stars, which could lead to intense gravitational fields and even tiny blackholes.

We literally don't know what Dark Matter or Energy is, but concerning the four disciplines of bending, I'd wager that fire would be able to control it.

/geeky moment

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 10, 2014, 03:58:57 PM »
Well black holes are created by intense gravitational density, and gravity is determined by mass right? So technically, wouldn't earth bending allow you to create mass, and therefore gravity. And then compress it so hard that it collapsed upon itself to form a black hole?

Similar to it allowing you to make natural diamond sculptures (imagine how much that would be worth)

Now that I think about it, as an earth bender, if you went omega cosmic, you could create planets, direct frozen asteroids to land there and provide water... If all the 4 benders cooperated, they could be Gods of their own creations.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:03:05 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 10, 2014, 04:25:23 PM »
Yup, an earth bender could probably create a blackhole.

Fire and Earth are probably the two strongest disciplines when taken to the extreme as Earth benders can manipulate matter and Fire can manipulate energy.

Air taken to it's 'omega cosmic' probably has the ability to create fusion as well simply by compressing air to a ridiculous degree. They could make bombs simply by compressing air and then letting it expand.

Water is probably the weakest as you can't really manipulate water too much and not all liquids have water.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 10, 2014, 04:51:05 PM »
And yet, with my Cosmic-Omega Level Water Bending, I can Bloodbend all y'all in creating blackholes diamond sculptures and livable planets as I see fit.  Every move you make will be at my whim..

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 10, 2014, 07:44:40 PM »
Season 4 premieres October 4th.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 10, 2014, 09:22:42 PM »
already?

that's quick. Almost Instant gratification on a really good season. That last battle of the finale was like a  Man of Steel meets Dragon Ball fight. She really needs to get on mastering the fringe bending arts of the elements though (Blood, Metal, Lava, Flight, Electricity) and since she can control them all, eventually the weather, she could be like Storm meets Jean Grey Phoenix. That would be crazy OP though.