Author Topic: Bill Trinen is Director of Product Marketing  (Read 12476 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Trinen is Director of Product Marketing
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2013, 10:07:55 AM »
I think there is a significant percentage of "hard core" gamers holding off on the Wii U until it gets more titles that they want. I think desirable Gamecube VC titles would push some of them over the edge.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Trinen is Director of Product Marketing
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »
A lack of titles is a big reason why I'm holding off on a Wii but old Gamecube VC games, which I already own, would have zero effect on me.  Nintendo also re-released a lot of Gamecube games as NPC titles on the Wii so a lot of the big Gamecube titles are not that obscure.  And Nintendo sure as hell wouldn't re-release Wind Waker any time soon with a remake on the way.  Also, this is Nintendo.  If they started a Cube VC they would release the games at a snail's pace and would pick the more common and readily available titles first.  It isn't like obscure titles like Skies of Arcadia Legends of Ikaruga would be out any time soon, if ever.

For me it's not just a lack of titles that keeps me from purchasing a Wii U but also what kind of future I think it will have.  I'm not in the mood for lousy third party support and the Wii U is doing horrible on that front.  I also did not like the direction Nintendo went on the Wii so I need evidence that the Wii U will not continue in that direction, but since it is called "Wii U" I would naturally assume it would go in the same direction.  That part of it is fairly personal and I don't know if there are enough people with the same opinion to seriously affect sales but general concern about the console's future is almost certainly a factor.