Author Topic: Official NWR Kid Icarus: Uprising Trading Card Chat Thread  (Read 9838 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Official NWR Kid Icarus: Uprising Trading Card Chat Thread
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:10:33 AM »
This is the chat thread for the Kid Icarus: Uprising trading thread.

Do not post your haves/wants in this thread.  Please use the Trading Thread for this.

Do not make deals in this thread.  Please send PMs to do this.  Also, make sure you have your PMs turned on.

If you have any questions, please pose them in this thread.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:50:08 AM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
Re: Official NWR Kid Icarus: Uprising Trading Card Chat Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 07:11:08 AM »
Well this is kind of related so I will put it here. I received an email yesterday that the club Nintendo cards that I ordered where ship, so they should arrive sometime next week.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:45:38 AM »
If you have any questions, please pose them in this thread.

Do I need to put my hands up in an Olympic Salute when I see you my Underwater Lord?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 08:01:08 AM »
Got a Palutena.  Curious if there are variants or if I get the same from Club Nintendo.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 01:42:26 PM »
There are two Palutena cards, the regular one that ships with the game and the "Rare" one from Club Nintendo.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 01:46:54 PM »
Three - there's the one that was given out at E3/PAX/SDCC. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 01:59:06 PM »
Right, but there are only two idols. The promo cards still work without the usual AR code, but they only unlock the regular idols.
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 02:01:08 PM »
So, three cards, but only two in-game idols. hm.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »
Looking at what people are pulling out of their six-card starter packs, am I to believe that everyone is getting Pit and Palutena?

If so, that really, really sucks for the other three packs I have coming my way. :(

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 11:54:25 PM »
Ugh.  Really, Nintendo?  Must you hate me?
There's a nice thread going on over at GameFAQs where everyone's comparing their starter sets.  This appears to be the trend:
Quote from: PitWit
It seems like most US packs come with:

Pit (guaranteed)

Palutena (guaranteed)

Magnus, Medusa, or Dark Pit (No correlation except these cards are dark in color? XD)

Three-Headed Hewdraw, Twinbellows the Ferocious, or Dark Lord Gaol (boss characters)

Standard Orbitars, Fortune Bow, First Blade, EZ Cannon, Violet Palm, Insight Staff, Ore Club, Tiger Claws, or Compact Arm (weapon, and each type is represented)

Stackjaw, Monoeye, or Mik (A generic enemy)

If this is close, then I'd have to get nine packs of starter sets and hope I don't end up with any weapon duplicates.  Ugh.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »
Sigh.  I know it's a small part of the game, and in that respect doesn't affect my overall enjoyment... but NoA (and possibly other regional offices) missed a huge opportunity with these cards in my opinion.  Seeing UncleBob's post above only makes it sound worse.

Cards are well understood collectibles that have been popular for years. Kid Icarus Uprising has hundreds of unique cards that have been created and are ready for distribution. Why not let people collect/trade/play with them in a normal fashion without having to jump through ridiculous hoops?
 :Q
NNID: ejamer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »
I've updated my list of haves and wants.  For those who have posted your "haves" - are these cards you're interested in trading/selling, or are you just listing the cards you've gotten?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »
I've updated my list of haves and wants.  For those who have posted your "haves" - are these cards you're interested in trading/selling, or are you just listing the cards you've gotten?
I wasn't quite sure what you wanted there so I just listed them.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 09:10:32 PM »
The idea is to list the cards you have to trade and the cards you want to trade.  Because it's a trading thread. :D

I'll edit the OP to make it a little more clear. :D

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »
I'll just spoiler them out for now.  I'm fairly sure I be willing to trade any of those for some certain ones as I finish the game.  Like the Compact Arm maybe.

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 12:58:43 AM »
I wasn't quite sure what you wanted there so I just listed them.

Same

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 03:07:04 PM »
3 times the Kid Icarus 3D!

Offline Cyrian

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
Take this with a boulder of salt, but I went to Gamestop a little while ago hoping against hope that the Power of Flight card wasn't for Game Informer subscribers only (it was), and the clerk told me that at some point (though he didn't know when) they'd be selling booster packs.  So maybe things will get a little easier here pretty soon. 

Offline Freasian

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 10:03:51 PM »
In case someone didn't know yet, Promotional packs are included in both the Nintendo Power April 2012 issue as well as the Best Buy Gamer April 2012 issue. You do not have to be a subscriber to get the cards as I simply went to the store to get the magazine and the cards were included.

Offline MisterE13

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 11:46:15 PM »
Take this with a boulder of salt, but I went to Gamestop a little while ago hoping against hope that the Power of Flight card wasn't for Game Informer subscribers only (it was), and the clerk told me that at some point (though he didn't know when) they'd be selling booster packs.  So maybe things will get a little easier here pretty soon. 

I went to EB Games and picked up a copy of Game Informer (which I had never even heard of) just for the Power of Flight. It was there.

Offline Cyrian

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »

I went to EB Games and picked up a copy of Game Informer (which I had never even heard of) just for the Power of Flight. It was there.

Maybe it's different in Canada.  I flipped through the issues in the store and none of them had it, and the clerk confirmed it was just for subscribers.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 12:56:06 AM »
It's not exactly ethical to just take the card (it that is what you did MisterE13), hopefully you at least bought the issue.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MisterE13

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 08:43:50 AM »
hopefully you at least bought the issue.

Of course I did

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »
Just FYI, very limited times and locations. http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/kidicarus/ These cards seem to be the same as the Canadian pre-order bonus. Also, Best Buy finally has the @gamer issue with the cards in stock.
Aaron Kaluszka