Author Topic: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Dead Thread. Series Cancelled.  (Read 52094 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Dead Thread. Series Cancelled.
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2011, 05:19:15 PM »
I can instantly help out the townies if brought back with a white ring (or Mafia if they use the Black Lanturn).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
I'm guessing since no townies have come back to life that the Mafia got the white ring.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2011, 06:27:54 PM »
Adios Suckas!

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »
I'm guessing since no townies have come back to life that the Mafia got the white ring.

Hypothetically speaking if the white ring is in the Mafia's possession if they used it to restore the joker, would he be on their team or on his own again?

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2011, 06:32:44 PM »
Doesn't really matter now, since the townies just used it.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2011, 06:34:37 PM »

Hypothetically speaking if the white ring is in the Mafia's possession if they used it to restore the joker, would he be on their team or on his own again?
The Joker would be on his own if this scenario happened.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2011, 06:35:24 PM »
Yep Sundolous is back in the game. Justice League has been reformed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 06:37:57 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
Yep Sundolous is back in the game and Shyguy too. Justice League has been reformed.
Iteresting... Who will they target, UB or Me... guess we'll find out soon

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2011, 06:38:04 PM »
Perhaps the townies can still win it.

I was kinda rooting for UB for a while haha
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2011, 06:39:23 PM »
Hey, I'm back :(

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2011, 06:42:48 PM »
Yep Sundolous is back in the game and Shyguy too. Justice League has been reformed.
Iteresting... Who will they target, UB or Me... guess we'll find out soon
Kinda jumped the gun on Shyguy. I was just going by Shyguys post in the Day 5 thread. He is Lobo so thatguy won't announce that he is in the game again but Shyguy may have blown his move if he is back in the game.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2011, 06:43:09 PM »
Well Mafia, bring me back and I will help you take out the townies. Especially with the Justice League back together, I can help you take them out again.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »
I guess it is pointless to ask to be revived by the white ring now. If the townies did get the white ring it is a good move since whoever gets brought back to life tomorrow would most defenitly be 100% sure that that person was brought back with the black lanturn.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »
Am I the only one who has found this game reeeallllly complicated?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
today has been a little hard to follow.  But it is interesting.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2011, 06:59:46 PM »
today has been a little hard to follow.  But it is interesting.

I agree. But I sorta like this one simply because it is complicated.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2011, 07:34:35 PM »

Hypothetically speaking, I'd be in debt to whomever brought be back.

With that said, I have a ruling question...  We were told if the option to form the Justice League was to be offered again, anyone would be allowed to buy into it and no one would be confirmed...

But now we're told the Justice League has been reformed?  I don't recall an announcement for recruits...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »

With that said, I have a ruling question...  We were told if the option to form the Justice League was to be offered again, anyone would be allowed to buy into it and no one would be confirmed...

But now we're told the Justice League has been reformed?  I don't recall an announcement for recruits...

That's because it wasn't offered again.  The member of the justice league who died was revived.  It wasn't a matter of someone buying in, but rather, the old guard was all alive again.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2011, 07:41:55 PM »

I'd guess that Khush and thatguy decided to just keep the original members in. I mean right now it is fairly balanced since there could be that the Justice League doesn't know who the other townies are. One might be mistaken to be mafia from them.Could be that everybody they seached is dead.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2011, 07:45:10 PM »
Quote from: thatguy
No, not at this moment.  Because the justice league ensures other players are townies, it would be too powerful if it would be reformed. If the Justice League does return, any player will be able to buy their way into it, and no one will have his or her allegiance confirmed.

Ehh... I know you said a few post later that you and Khush would discuss it, then make a call... but...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2011, 07:50:34 PM »
Quote from: thatguy
No, not at this moment.  Because the justice league ensures other players are townies, it would be too powerful if it would be reformed. If the Justice League does return, any player will be able to buy their way into it, and no one will have his or her allegiance confirmed.

Ehh... I know you said a few post later that you and Khush would discuss it, then make a call... but...

We discussed it and made a call.  To be truthful, neither of us foresaw Sundoulos's revival for whatever reason, and I regret making that comment publicly.  Had this specific course of events not happened, then we likely would not have brought back the JL.  The idea of allowing any player to buy their way in was a matter of protecting the identity of mafia players, not to control the beam. As it stood, if it reformed, the two living members would have been able to control which direction the phantom zone ray was aimed, and the third member would just be there to allow it to happen.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2011, 07:54:55 PM »
I kinda took that to mean that anyone could buy in (and the former members would have to re-buy in as well) - meaning two (or three) mafia members could buy in and reform...

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »
Am I the only one who has found this game reeeallllly complicated?

It's not complicated. It's full of options with multiple paths to victory. As the game progress, many paths close. One can play the game as a normal round and ignore many of the extra options available. But you are probably better to pursue an option or two.

I've been applying a bit of a Civilization mentality to the games I host lately where one has many options to rule and conquer but sooner or later they have to commit to a path and make hard choices of what they need to attain victory and what is a luxury or inconsequential to their plan of attack. That said, I do believe it's time to go back to playing a pretty traditional game or two. We've had a lot of games with a lot of varitations or extras added.

The problem with Thatguy and myself is that we eat this strategic stuff up so we have a lot of ideas that we think would be great but that's because we are the most likely to want them or to use them in a game of mafia we were playing. Believe it or not but there were plaenty of other ideas that we bandied about but I wanted to try and keep it less complicated. I thought we met that goal but what often happens is when the players start getting into the game and digging into it themselves, they come up with some unanticipated ideas or questions. This can require a further refining of ideas which then leads to things getting rather complicated as one then has to start outling rules for many scenarios that will probably never come into play.

Often times, it seems that people look for the most complicated solution to a problem when simple answers exist. There are times where I just can't figure out why players want to pursue a harder course than needed.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »
I kinda took that to mean that anyone could buy in (and the former members would have to re-buy in as well) - meaning two (or three) mafia members could buy in and reform...

You are correct. That was the idea we bandied about at the time of the Justice League demise. But the White Ring allows a player to return with all points and items he had accumulated at the time of his death. Since Sundoulos had the Justice League item as it were and so did two others, that power was reactivated. It is as though his death never happened. Like Thatguy mentioned. At the time of his death, it never crossed our minds that the townies would make a clever choice like that. It means that if a member of the League dies again, then that's it. It will not come back a third time.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.