Author Topic: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE - Conclusion  (Read 26855 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE - Conclusion
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »
Ok, guys, down to business here.

I need you all to VOTE TWICE.

• First, a "WISE FWOM YO' GWAVE" vote, to bring a townie back to life to share in the win. Any dead townie is eligible.
• Second, an MVP vote. This MVP vote determines who gets the $10 prize. Anyone from the winning team (including resurrected player) is eligible for this.

Story will be up later tonight!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2009, 06:22:29 PM »
Ha ha, aren't there only two dead townies to choose from? My memory's hazy, who are they?

Let's see, it's kind of difficult to choose an MVP but I think I will go with Khushrenada since it seems like his investigations held everything together pretty nicely.

EDIT: Hee hee, never mind, I checked the player list. I guess I'll go with Vudu since he did... something... on the first day. I think.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 06:24:40 PM by Mop_it_up »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2009, 06:38:36 PM »
Stevey and Vudu are the only Dead townies.
I'm going to Vote Stevey to come back.

My MVP vote I choose to Vote Khushrenada

I was going to vote Stogi but I think he doesn't have a Wii anymore.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 06:41:24 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2009, 06:00:21 PM »
Story's up! Vote by tomorrow, Sunday night. I'll close things up and announce the winner then!

Thanks for playing everyone. I had fun writing up the stories, so I hope you enjoyed them.
Twitter

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
Vote Vudu to not be dead and vote Khush for MVP.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2009, 06:20:05 PM »
That was an entertaining story Decoyman.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2009, 11:35:21 PM »
I was wondering how you were going to write yourself out of this one, nicely done.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2009, 02:28:44 AM »
No Ventress means fail
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2009, 07:36:53 PM »
Only a few hours left till the voting is over for bringing back a townie and MVP voting. 9pm central time is when voting stops.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »
I'll go with vudu, in both cases.  No offense to Khush, but vudu doesn't often do what he did this game, and it made a big enough impact to jumpstart everything else.  That said, I really thought it was more along a tie, but Khush usually is well represented, so I'll push it to the other guy.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2009, 08:11:44 AM »
What Stratos said:

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2009, 11:32:32 AM »
I guess so. But I still think that Khushrenada should have realized that I wouldn't have missed the hit on the first day if I were the godfather.

Sexism he thinks because you are a woman that you can't accomplish a hit like a man.

Sure. Make me the badguy. Although, you know why I was suspicious of Mop_it_up and didn't argue it.

Quick little game rewind. On day 2, I was still trying to figure out about half the players roles. By mid-day, I had a couple theories about where the remaining roles could potentially be. In pretty much all my scenarios, Mop_it_up would have a mafia role. So, I sent in my investigation in on Mop_it_up. When it came back townie, I didn't like it since it now changed a lot of my theories. But that was probably for the best since it put me on the hunt for Plugabugz the next day which helped save me most likely.

Now, you may find it funny that I was willing to trust unverified players with my role compared to someone who was actually investigated as a townie but suspicion had tainted my view to Mop_it_up. Like I said, my early theories had me peg her as mafia and she still could have been the godfather. So, I figured isolation would be best. Just continue to moniter her actions and see if her behavior could provide any further insight. I didn't want to kill someone who was a confirmed townie and I also didn't want to kill you if I could avoid it. At the same time, I didn't want to fall for the godfather's role covering ability so I just played it safe with you.

On day 3, there were 5 possibilities left in my mind of who the godfather was. I was pretty sure Pale was out and I was also sure Insanolord wasn't the godfather. So, that left you, Plugabugz and Nuclearspeed. I decided to combine all the townies I could pretty much trust and made a quick write-up on my thoughts of the remaining 5 players which GP received. My reasoning was this:

Mop_it_up: I have no read on Mop it up. She was investigated and found to be a stormtrooper. However, that isn't conclusive. Only voted Stratos past two days and is now voting Plugabugz. Could potentially be Godfather. However, on day 2, she posted a message saying that the godfather could be someone who forgot the day ended soon and could therefore be anyone. If she was the godfather, is this a case of mafia knowing facts because they did them or is she just surmising? It would seem odd for the godfather to suddenly lead bloodthirsty townies away from other townies and point out that it could still be anyone.

Unfortunately, I misunderstood something Plugabugz said and thought that made him innocent, so in my mind, it was a 50/50 shot between you and Nuclearspeed. In my defence, I did still vote Nuclearspeed and trusted you more.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 10:30:40 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »
Looks like voting may have ended but I still want to throw in my two cents. I have to Vote Vudu to WFYG. He got things going and his death bugged me. I wanted to get a win with him. Even if this vote is successful, I know he won't view it as a win but I'm still voting for him anyways.

MVP Stratos. Honestly, there are many choices here. Pretty much everyone had an MVP moment and is worthy. When you win by a large margin like this, it means most townies were on their game. But I give to Stratos for a couple reasons. 1. He actually approached me and was willing to work with me on Day 1, no questions asked. That is awesome. How I wish more players would do this. Plus, he was my first link to the second townie alliance which helped speed things up faster in my investigations. 2. He voted well. 3. He worked with me in getting rid of the second killer. I owe him one and for now, the best I can do is give him my vote.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2009, 01:18:22 PM »
Alright, looks like vudu is coming back from the dead, and Khush is MVP.

Congrats, guys, and thanks to everyone for playing!

Also, Khush, I hope vudu does count it as a win... I enacted the rule so that townies would have a chance at not being penalized for sticking their necks out for the good of the team. In fact, it's something I hope future hosts might consider adding as a game balancing mechanic, especially if townies happen to come out slightly underpowered.
Twitter

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2009, 01:29:30 PM »
Joy--I'm considered more useful than the guy who does nothing besides try to get Khush voted off.  Hooray.   :o

It's not a true win--but I'll take it.  :)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2009, 02:41:33 PM »
Actually, it's not a bad idea. There have been many townie stars in the past who were denied a win right at the end. Might be worth pursuing in future games. And I keep mentioning it but no one seems interested in it so I'll give it one more shot. If you want to enter something into the mafia hall of fame, you get the chance for hosting this game. Feel free to post it in the Hall thread.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2009, 06:04:41 PM »
I just thought that if anybody would think I'm not incompetent enough to miss a hit, it would be you Khushrenada.
I don't know what kind of theories you were coming up with or why you always put me as suspicion of Mafia, but it sounds like you had a lot on your mind. I just hope you learn something from this. Maybe you shouldn't stick to your original convictions for so long and give me the benefit of the doubt.
Day 2 was when I started wondering if you were the investigator so I wonder what might have happened if I contacted you about it...

There have been many townie stars in the past who were denied a win right at the end.
That's pretty much what happened to me in the last game.

What Stratos said:

I said it first!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »
Congratulations vudu and Khushrenada and the rest of the townies!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2009, 10:57:07 AM »
So Khushrenada what game or games are you going to select?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2009, 11:14:13 AM »
So Khushrenada what game or games are you going to select?

Yeah, I'd like to know too! :)
Twitter

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2009, 11:42:16 AM »
I said it first!

Man, how many retractions am I going to have to print today?
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »
I guess Khushrenada can't decide on a game or games to select for his MVP prize.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2009, 11:10:49 AM »
Yeah. It's between Super Punch-out and Pokemon Snap I think. I've never played either and am considering those although Earthworm Jim is an another intriguing choice. Any recommendations?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2009, 11:14:22 AM »
Well are you interested in titles you haven't played or replaying a game that you have played?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2009, 11:24:30 AM »
SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT SUPER PUNCH OUT
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!