Author Topic: Mafia XXXIX Star Wars Mafia: REBEL ALLIANCE – Dead Thread "DeathStar's Revenge"  (Read 13243 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Sorry but the last 2 days you locked the thread at 7 pm PST.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 11:18:56 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Sorry but the last 2 days you locked the thread a 7 pm PST.
You're right. Doh! Oh well, old habits die hard.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I got a question. How is Stogi suppose to unbold his vote if the thread is locked?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
I didn't lock it until after voting time was over. I didn't lock it till 10. At that time they were both still bold.

Anyways, it didn't affect the outcome anyways tonight, luckily.
Twitter

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Damnit. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Yeah it is basically over.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
I'd like a game where someone doesn't use my timezone against me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Yeah I was thinking about that earlier for my game. Maybe we should go to Mafia 10 times.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
On another note, I'd like to comment on the rule that the mafia team loses their hit the night the Godfather dies.

That really hurts.

First, you lose a team member.
Then, you lose a chance to have a townie voted out that day (because your team member was voted out).
Then, you lose a chance to kill a townie that night.

Basically, it puts you three steps behind.  Ouch.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Yeah I have had a cry about it before, but it seems to just be one of the conventions.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
If you're dumb enough to get voted out you deserve to lose all those opportunities to kill innocent Stormtroopers.

Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
You know, I really envisioned this to be a bloody game. I mean, potentially four people could get killed any one night (vote, mafia hit, vader hit, killer hit), even letting actions overlap and all (so all night actions happen, regardless of order), and it just didn't happen.

The mafia hit being blocked when the godfather is voted out is something I didn't include in my first game I hosted, but I came to understand its strategy afterwards... It's a way for the townies to stop a hit – a reward for a good vote. Kind of a check and balance. Its effect is magnified in a game like this, though, where the mafia seem to be hanging on by a thread.
Twitter

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
So if I am reading what Decoyman said correctly about the Jango decision. Jango is in and that any townies that were investagated have to be investigated again. Is that second part right?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
So if I am reading what Decoyman said correctly about the Jango decision. Jango is in and that any townies that were investagated have to be investigated again. Is that second part right?

No, I'm letting that slide as part of a compromise. Previous investigations stand.
Twitter

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
*DOES NOT COMPUTE*
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
It means any townies previously investigated are not eligible to become Jango.

Not that complicated.  Even a monkey could understand that.  ;)

Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
So... Question - if decoyman had planned the plot-twist from the beginning, but didn't say anything, would there still be objections?

What if he said at the beginning that there would be a second killer who would only know his/her role after the first killer had been disposed of - and would show up as a townie if investigated before the changeover?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
So... Question - if decoyman had planned the plot-twist from the beginning, but didn't say anything, would there still be objections?

Yes.

What if he said at the beginning that there would be a second killer who would only know his/her role after the first killer had been disposed of - and would show up as a townie if investigated before the changeover?

This would be okay.  If it were in the rules from the beginning and we all knew about it there wouldn't be a problem.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
What could someone have done differently in the second situation vs. what happened?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Kept things a little more tighter, information-wise.  Some players wouldn't let others know who or what they are to most townies, in order to avoid the second killer issue.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
If the person doesn't know that they will become the new killer then that is unfair to them even if it had been planned since the beginning. In this case, the townies were going to win. One of them just unwillingly became a role which has no chance of winning, therefore they got cheated out of a victory.

I can understand where Decoyman is coming from, his game didn't play out in the way he thought it would and wasn't very interesting. But sometimes that happens, and it isn't the host's fault when it does. Perhaps there's something that everyone can learn from this.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well it is curtains for Nuclear Speed. A few minutes remain in the day.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Day is done.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Book, I never get a close vote out it is always a landslide it seems

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
But you are usually the last mafia membe voted out. It's a trade-off.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.