Author Topic: Project Cafe & Pre-E3 HYPE Thread  (Read 103297 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Project Cafe - (aka Wii 2) - Officially Announced
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »
Meh, you guys are too paranoid.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2011, 12:22:30 PM »
Nintendo E3 Conference Countdown
Tuesday, June 7th, 2011
9am PST
Nokia Theater

Other Conferences:
Monday, June 6th, 2011
MS: 9:00am PST
EA: 12:30pm PST
Ubi: 2:30pm PST
Sony: 5:00pm PST
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:28:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2011, 03:05:51 PM »
Since when do studios go before the big 3? Or am I missing something...
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2011, 03:26:59 PM »
Since when do studios go before the big 3? Or am I missing something...

Since at least last year. The EA and Ubisoft conferences were on Monday, after Microsoft but before Nintendo and Sony the following day. It seems that this year Sony is going before Nintendo.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »
whatever happened to the third pillar system?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2011, 10:21:35 PM »

Nintendo is replacing it with the Wii2 ;)
www.instantrimshot.com

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2011, 10:43:47 PM »
"When you see the Cafe, the third pillar will be in your pants."

-- :reggie:
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2011, 02:37:00 AM »
So I'm guessing that is Wed 8th at 3am here.  I'll guess I will watch this one.  I can sleep in a bit on the Wednesday anyway.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2011, 07:48:37 AM »

Is Nintendo's Wii long enough to serve as a third leg? ;)
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2011, 07:49:42 AM »
@The Perm - There was a 3rd pillar system? :) I think it would be interesting if the Cafe controller was a console in and of itself, with a screen, RAM, and CPU/GPU capable of running apps, CafeWare, and pre-Wii VC games. Obviously, cost and battery life are the major hurdles, but that could theoretically be the fabled 3rd pillar. That could also potentially cannibalize 3DS sales so I'm not sure that Nintendo would want to do that. I'm not sure a 3rd pillar is sustainable, even if it was primarily a support pillar for Cafe.

@Chozo Ghost - Wii = third leg. Lulz. We were all thinking it, but you went there. 2 internet points for you.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 08:11:44 AM by Adrock »

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2011, 08:26:53 AM »
@The Perm - There was a 3rd pillar system? :) I think it would be interesting if the Cafe controller was a console in and of itself, with a screen, RAM, and CPU/GPU capable of running apps, CafeWare, and pre-Wii VC games. Obviously, cost and battery life are the major hurdles, but that could theoretically be the fabled 3rd pillar. That could also potentially cannibalize 3DS sales so I'm not sure that Nintendo would want to do that. I'm not sure a 3rd pillar is sustainable, even if it was primarily a support pillar for Cafe.

Wow... someone who agrees with me. I really think it would be a good idea for the controller to be a console, and the console itself, simply a home server, that could technically be three pillars.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2011, 10:41:34 AM »

Wow... someone who agrees with me. I really think it would be a good idea for the controller to be a console, and the console itself, simply a home server, that could technically be three pillars.

That would essentially be like calling my SD card or Component cable the third pillar of the Wii.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2011, 01:34:14 PM »
I think it's an interesting concept though it looks better on paper than in practice. The controller rumors are insane in the membrane and this seems a bit to impractical. Not sure Nintendo would go for it.
That would essentially be like calling my SD card or Component cable the third pillar of the Wii.
Point taken, but I think it's a little different. You can't play games on an SD card or component cable. This would essentially be a console without any original games of its own so it both is and isn't its own hardware. Nintendo would probably want people to own a 3DS and take that with them instead. I'd rather the Cafe controller just be a controller because it's already sounding like an expensive piece of tech and I'm cheap as it is. I just don't have enough money for all this shizzle.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2011, 02:30:22 PM »
A Cafe Console Controller could expand on the StreetPass madness. I'm thinking the controller is interchangeable with the 3DS in more ways than one. Maybe it can't play 3DS games, but...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2011, 05:10:25 PM »
hmmm, well the other companies expect you to pay 400 for their new consoles, if im paying 400 i better get 2 consoles in one. 200 was what Peter Main used to call mass market price in the Gamecube days. I se anything over 200 begin to become over priced. However, the dollar is much weaker now then it was in 2001 so obviously they can't make a decent console that cheap. To make a con sole to last a long time it needs to have power, and thats where Microsoft and to some extant sony has been successful, but their **** has been way too expensive. Now at 300 dollars, if they were to have a buddy console...that would be make the value go up. Basically 2 for the price of one. A portable system could run of the internet and use the power from the home server. However...idk, I like motion tech...just because it wasn't used like it could doesn't mean its not good. So much squandered potential. IDK Nintendo has thier hits and misses. Transition is important, hopefully intendo does right what they did with the wii and have some sort of backwards compatability, and also support multiple inputs.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: Project Cafe & Pre-E3 HYPE Thread
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2011, 11:27:30 AM »

We have less than a month before we can put a majority of these rumors to rest.
E3 is exactly 4 weeks away and it's time to start boarding the HYPE TRAIN
So let's do a quick recap...

Credible Rumors:
-New console using a R700 AMD GPU
-Also using a TriCore PPC similar to the one in X360
-Minimum of 512MB RAM
-25GB Optical Disc & 8GB of onboard flash
-No built-in HDD included, SD card dependent
-Controller has a 6.2" Touch Screen on it
-Controller also has the standard set of buttons (d-pad, dual analog, 4 face, 4 shoulder)
-Controller also has a Camera & gyros/accelerometers
-Backwards Compatible with Wiimote
-More powerful than PS360 (significantly or just a tad bit is undefined)
-Production starts as early as October 2011

Reasonable Rumors:
Devs have had dev kits since sometime last year (just after E3 2010)
Rockstar has something to show (GTA V?) & so does Retro (DKCR2?)
Possible name for system is Stream
$350-$450 Price Point
Optical Disc is Bluray based
Launch date June 2012
No Friendcodes
IR sensors in the controller
Size of original X360 & resembles modern SNES

Wild Rumors:
Trackpad on back of controller
Haptics & Vitality sensor built into controller
Retro's game is Eternal Darkness 2

Things Confirmed:
Nintendo to work with an outside company to help build better online
Nintendo working closely with 3rd parties to bring games to Nintendo platforms.
System will support High Definition Graphics (1080p assumed)
System will not launch before April 2012

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:31:01 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
We have less than a month before we can put a majority of these rumors to rest.
E3 is exactly 4 weeks away and it's time to start boarding the HYPE TRAIN

Does this mean it's time for me to start my countdown thread? :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2011, 11:47:06 AM »
Nintendo E3 Conference Countdown

Countdown has already been initiated several days ago.

But I was looking for a gif that automatically updated like the old system wars console count gifs that are in the Sales Thread.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Ubi: Cafe up-ports from PS360
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2011, 03:05:30 PM »
Ubi to "leverage" 360/PS3 work for Café
Making Project Café versions of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 games won't be a stretch, according to comments from Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot.

Speaking at an investor call today, Guillemot revealed that his teams will be able to utilise a lot of the work done on titles for the current HD consoles when developing for Nintendo's new platform.

"The platform Nintendo is coming with is really a fantastic platform. We think it will be extremely successful," he stated.

"What we see is that we will be able to leverage a lot of the work we do for Xbox 360 and PS3 while we create games for the platform.

"So we will not have to redo completely the games that we create. We'll be able to use all the capacity the console is giving but also use all the work we do for the other platforms."

Nintendo hasn't officially released tech specs for its new console yet but speculation suggests it'll boast slightly more oomph than Microsoft and Sony's current systems. A full reveal is expected during its E3 presentation next month.

"We'll be able to use all the capacity the console is giving but also use all the work we do for the other platforms"

What does that mean? PS360 ports intact but also more to it thanks to the extra horsepower and other features?

I hope this means good things for Beyond Good & Evil 2 ::crosses fingers::
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:20:41 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Ubi: Cafe up-ports from PS360
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2011, 03:33:01 PM »
Ubi to "leverage" 360/PS3 work for Café
Making Project Café versions of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 games won't be a stretch, according to comments from Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot.

Speaking at an investor call today, Guillemot revealed that his teams will be able to utilise a lot of the work done on titles for the current HD consoles when developing for Nintendo's new platform.

"The platform Nintendo is coming with is really a fantastic platform. We think it will be extremely successful," he stated.

"What we see is that we will be able to leverage a lot of the work we do for Xbox 360 and PS3 while we create games for the platform.

"So we will not have to redo completely the games that we create. We'll be able to use all the capacity the console is giving but also use all the work we do for the other platforms."

Nintendo hasn't officially released tech specs for its new console yet but speculation suggests it'll boast slightly more oomph than Microsoft and Sony's current systems. A full reveal is expected during its E3 presentation next month.

"We'll be able to use all the capacity the console is giving but also use all the work we do for the other platforms"

What does that mean? PS360 ports intact but also more to it thanks to the extra horsepower and other features?

I hope this means good things for Beyond Good & Evil 2 ::crosses fingers::

I actually hope this means a sequel to Prince of Persia 2008.  I think the Wii/Cafe audience may appreciate that game more than the 360/PS3 audience did.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2011, 04:40:09 PM »
Lesse... Assassin's Creed collection, Splinter Cell Port, Ghost Recon collection, and all I hope for is RED STEEL 3

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2011, 05:08:34 PM »
Here is my suggestion for a Cafe launch title:

Super Mario Cafe featuring Sonic - The premise of the game is Sonic the Hedgehog opens up a Cafe in the Mushroom Kingdom and while everyone is there at the grand opening Bowser and/or Dr. Robotnik shows up and abducts the princess. This game will feature Coffee and Latte based powerups which will grant Mario the temporary speed and agility of Sonic. Alternatively, if Sonic drinks the caffeineated power ups he receives Mario's jumping ability. The game will feature 2 player simultaneous co-op where one player can be Sonic and the other can be Mario. 4 player co-op could be done if Luigi and one of Sonic's buddies are also included. Basically this would be the Mario meets Sonic crossover game that fans have been hoping for for years, and it would be a Cafe launch title.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:10:36 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2011, 05:46:49 PM »

See?  This is the whole Wii third party problem in a nutshell.  Ubisoft is not thrilled with the current set up where they have to REDO their games for the Wii!  Nintendo sees the Wii as an innovative concept that inspires creativity.  Third parties see it as a bitch load of extra work!  They want to make one game, to the point where they will ignore the market leading console because they would rather make one game for three less popular platforms instead of one game for the number one.

Though the good thing is that Ubisoft is indicating that Cafe addresses this.  What they're saying is that they can port stuff OR make something BIGGER.  That's all about flexiblity.  Exclusives, multiplatform releases, enhanced special editions - Cafe can handle ALL of them.  That's what devs want not "YOU MAKE WAGGLE GAME WITH OLD GAMECUBE HARDWARE!!!"

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
What was their excuse last generation?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »
What was their excuse last generation?

Excellent point. The GC was on par with its peers (more powerful than the PS2, but less than the Xbox), but third parties didn't support it at all. It wasn't a case of the GC being glorified N64 hardware, so what was the deal then?
is your sanity...