Author Topic: Wii 2 Launch Titles  (Read 9163 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Wii 2 Launch Titles
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »
With all the talk, rumours and speculation about the Wii 2 I have been thinking strongly about the launch titles of the Wii 2. Usually the launch titles of a new system are relatively weak compared to what is later dveloped for the console. What will the Wii 2 have when it is released?

Here is a list off of the top of my head:

Super Mario Galaxy 3
New Super Mario Brothers 2
No More Heroes 3
Red Steel 3
Sin and Punishment 3
Kirby's Epic Yarn 2
Goldeneye 007 2
Conduit 3
Donkey Kong Country 2
Epic Mickey 2
Timesplitters 4
Wii Sports 2
Monster Hunter 4
Muramasa 2

Also, there is a good chance that many other third parties such as Ubisoft will just port over their collection of PS360 games since the Wii 2 will be a HD console.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Wii 2 Launch Titles
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:54:10 PM »
I don't really seem Nintendo doing a Super Mario Galaxy 3 though. When they do release the next Mario game, it'll probably be something totally new.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:57:02 PM »
Add in a new Strafox game, or as I like to call it "Starfox Armada."

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »
The Wii 2 will launch with Wii Sports Party; some Ubisoft Shovelware; some EA SPORTS titles; perhaps 1 notable core-oriented 1st Party title; and millions of gamers will convince themselves that that is enough for a good 3-8 months.  There isn't a chance in hell of 95% of of those games you listed launching with the system (assuming we see new installments at all, which is extremely unlikely in the case of Epic Mickey and Goldeneye), Kytim, let alone all of them in the same window.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:06:40 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 09:07:46 PM »
Nice list Kytim. Few things I'd like to point out.
Ther has been a Donkey Kong Country 2 I get what you mean though. You want a sequel to Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Some have said that there has already been a sequel to Wii Sports in Wii Sports Resort but what type of sports would you add to Wii Sports 2?

As for Muramasa 2 I think the developer doesn't really tend to stick with one type of setting for their next release so maybe some other type of mythology will be shown.

I agree with the rest though except Mario Galaxy 3. Think they will switch it up if they don't have anymore ideas for the Galaxy type gameplay.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 09:57:03 PM »
So the new console gets all sequels? I don't think this would be possible. New games need to be made!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 10:04:16 PM »
Well heres the thing any new game that could be made for the Wii2 is new hence we wouldn't have any idea on what game it is so thats why most of us are mentioning sequels.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 11:52:25 PM »
That's when you start listing 'new game from studio X'.

Retro's next project is bound to be Wii 2 unless they decide to try a hand at a handheld title.

And I am hoping for a new psychological thriller from Silicone Knights.

And I'm betting High Voltage software will have some type of FPS lined up for it. In fact Grinder could be pushed back and brought to Wii 2.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 11:54:55 PM »
And I am hoping for a new psychological thriller from Silicone Knights.

LOL, did Tomonobu Itagaki star a new studio?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 12:24:39 AM »
Super Smash Brothers Brawl 2
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption 2
Punch-Out!! 2: Black Eye Edition
Pokémon Battle Revolution 2: Pen and Paper Edition
PokéPark Wii 2: Petting Zoo
Mario Strikers Re:charged
Mario Snack Mix
Captain Rainbow 2: Pot of Gold
Endless Ocean 3: Limitless Sea
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn 2: Brilliant Dusk
Wario Land Shake and Bake It!
Final Quest: Dragon Fantasy

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 12:30:01 AM »
Captain Rainbow 2: Pot of Gold

That can be taken in so many ways. I'm going to stop thinking now.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 12:36:34 AM »
The reason why I stated all of those sequels as launch titiles is that their prequels were already released for the Wii and since the Wii 2 launch may be only a few years away there is enough time to develope SOME of those games for the Wii 2. Honestly, this late in the Wii's game I would rather have these games as HD titiles while their IPs are still fresh.

Keep in mind that most third parties are lazy enough to just port over their HD IPs, which is good enough for me since I have played very few of them.

From Nintendo I would have liked for some new IPs like Cosmic Walker and various other original games. Wasn't Cosmic Walker's developer closed or something? That is ashamed because it seemed like a game that could take advantage of advanced motion controls.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 02:32:20 AM »
The problem is that no one has dev kits for Wii 2. It is such an unknown that developers couldn't begin to try and make a game for it. Not even a peep from devs in the rumor department is a pretty strong sign that it is not out there yet.
My Game Collection

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 05:22:47 AM »
How about that Bob Ross Joy of Painting game that was promised for the Wii but never actually materialized?
is your sanity...

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 08:01:02 AM »
How about that Bob Ross Joy of Painting game that was promised for the Wii but never actually materialized?
It would be heavily panned because you wouldn't be able to save any of your work.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 10:28:49 AM »
I will tell you what title I DON'T want to be a Wii 2 launch title: Pikmin 3.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 12:40:15 PM »
Where are the enhanced Wii ports?  Come on, we know that re-releasing stuff from previous gens is a big part of a videogame company's business strategy these days.  Nintendo did it with the NPC titles.  Sony has done it with HD versions of PS2 games.  This is a given.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
Where are the enhanced Wii ports?  Come on, we know that re-releasing stuff from previous gens is a big part of a videogame company's business strategy these days.  Nintendo did it with the NPC titles.  Sony has done it with HD versions of PS2 games.  This is a given.

HD Wind Waker and Luigi's Mansion?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »
The problem is that no one has dev kits for Wii 2. It is such an unknown that developers couldn't begin to try and make a game for it. Not even a peep from devs in the rumor department is a pretty strong sign that it is not out there yet.
Wii2 may not physically exist yet but that shouldn't stop Nintendo from telling devs what specs to target to get some software up and running. It's how it's been done for a long while now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 04:49:38 PM »
I see the Wii 2 being on par with the 360 in terms of graphics, so most third parties will be able to develop easily for the system. I hate to sound like a broken record, but they will most likely port over games that they have already made before and make newer ones later. It just seems like the most easiest and logical thing a third party company would do on a Nintendo system, even for a new one.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:53:08 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 05:08:01 PM »
I see the Wii 2 being on par with the 360 in terms of graphics,

It should be more powerful than the PS3 in terms of graphics. Nintendo has 2011 technology to work with in making it, so it shouldn't be hard for them to create a system that can outgun 4-5 year old competition.
is your sanity...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »
Wii2 may not physically exist yet but that shouldn't stop Nintendo from telling devs what specs to target to get some software up and running. It's how it's been done for a long while now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Nintendo sucks at communicating with 3rd parties though.
My Game Collection

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 05:14:53 PM »
The Wii 2 will launch with Wii Sports Party; some Ubisoft Shovelware; some EA SPORTS titles; perhaps 1 notable core-oriented 1st Party title; and millions of gamers will convince themselves that that is enough for a good 3-8 months.  There isn't a chance in hell of 95% of of those games you listed launching with the system (assuming we see new installments at all, which is extremely unlikely in the case of Epic Mickey and Goldeneye), Kytim, let alone all of them in the same window.

This. Seriously, just look at the history of Nintendo launches. When has there EVER been anything as good as any of the games you named out on launch?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 05:15:07 PM »

The 3DS seems to indicate to me that Nintendo is turning over a new leaf in regards to their relationship to third parties and I see the Wii 2 as an even bigger collaboration between the two groups.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 05:15:40 PM »

true. But they've been working on it..... baby steps.