Author Topic: Nintendo figurines (not Amiibo)  (Read 1766 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Nintendo figurines (not Amiibo)
« on: December 23, 2014, 10:50:59 PM »
I want to start a collection of posable Nintendo figurines. I've seen figurines from Jakks Pacific ("World of Nintendo" line), SH Figuarts (Mario), and Figma (Link, Samus). Which brand would you recommend?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Nintendo figurines (not Amiibo)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 04:22:48 AM »
It really depends on what you can afford. I really like the Jakks World of Nintendo Bowser and Wario I got. The Link one is a bit smaller than I'd like, but it's functional. I don't have experience with Mario or Yoshi. There's also the mini-level playsets that I find myself liking. I'm 28, but I shop like a 9 year-old. haha

Figma's great if you want great detail and don't mind a high price. Those Nendoroid figures are also pretty cool as well. They cost a fair amount too.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 09:56:41 AM »
I found some Figma figures of Link and Samus on Amazon for $40 each (Prime shipping included), but they're a bit too expensive for my budget. I ordered the SH Figuarts Mario figure for $19 directly from Amazon (Prime shipping included). I may check Target later to find some of the Jakks Pacific figures. That Donkey Kong looks hideous though, his head is way too big.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 10:04:43 AM »
What does this have to do with Nintendo Console Discussion?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 01:07:58 AM »
I found some Figma figures of Link and Samus on Amazon for $40 each (Prime shipping included), but they're a bit too expensive for my budget. I ordered the SH Figuarts Mario figure for $19 directly from Amazon (Prime shipping included). I may check Target later to find some of the Jakks Pacific figures. That Donkey Kong looks hideous though, his head is way too big.

Yeah, I have a smaller DK that was from the toy line before Jakks picked up the Nintendo line. I will say that the Bowser figure is very nice. I found mine at Toys 'R Us.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)