Author Topic: Wii U Digital Deluxe Program Details Revealed  (Read 5489 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Digital Deluxe Program Details Revealed
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 12:27:30 PM »
Japan has this program as well.  It was announced their before the US in the Japanese Wii U Direct.

That's a completely different program though. Japan gets 10% knocked off the top immediately, and that's before the discounts third parties can choose to give. So which ones better?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 12:44:17 PM »
Japan has this program as well.  It was announced their before the US in the Japanese Wii U Direct.

That's a completely different program though. Japan gets 10% knocked off the top immediately, and that's before the discounts third parties can choose to give. So which ones better?
I'm having a hard time finding the articles back their since this announced but it still rewards Nintendo Points.  Not an actual at the time you buy discount.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 04:20:41 AM »
I think this will be great for wiiware and VC games, but I'm still NOT gonna spends $60 for a game I can never sell
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline PogueSquadron

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 12:06:21 PM »
The only thing that really bothers me about this is the 500 point increment limitation. If I wind up spending, say, $75 on the eShop (maybe a full priced retail game and a $15 eShop game), that nets me 750 points. That means I can redeem a $5 discount on my next purchase, but it also means I'll have 250 points sitting there doing nothing until I spend another $25.

It sounds like a nice bonus if you plan on buying all of your games digitally, but it's definitely not the most cost effective thing in the world. If you were looking forward to this simply to save money, physical purchases might be the way to go. If you're planning on going digital anyway, then yeah, I guess this is a nice bonus - as long as you don't mind having to keep spending more money to reach those 500 point increments.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 10:45:20 PM »
Most reward programs are the same way, including Best Buy's Reward Zone program (you get 1 point for every $1 you spend, and when you reach 250 points/$250 you get a $5 gift certificate). It's just a bonus.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 07:54:57 PM »
Guess i cant put VC for this
that is what i was going to do