Author Topic: Wireless Game Boy  (Read 6179 times)

Offline KnuxSonic

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« on: February 18, 2003, 11:47:55 AM »
I know the topic sounds strange but is there wireless multiplayer links out there? I would think the technology would be easy to make and since the GBC had a psedo-wireless link there'd be something better for GBA.
-------"They call them fingers, but I aien't ever seen 'em fing... oh there they go." -Otto

Offline dday64

• View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 05:47:07 PM »
At one point there was a wireless adapter being made for the GBA, I think by Pelican. I'm pretty sure it used the 900mhz frequency to transmit. I don't know what ever happened to it, but something like that I would really like

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 02:20:38 AM »
Are you afraid of cathing germs or something from your multiplayer friends or something?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 05:37:50 AM »
Will little bit more expensive I think.
And no infra-red becasue that sucked on GBC ( u had to keepstill for a full 100%).
Will take a wile and like RAbiacle said whats wrong with the current link option?

El Pollo Diablos
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

Offline TAYREL713

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 12:05:57 PM »
Imagine a wavebird like connection on the next gen Gameboy. You could have some type of wirless Gameboy Network thing popping off. You could have massive multi-player tournaments, like cooling out with, well since im fantasizing, 16 players all playing a FPS or racing game without being all corded together. I know with the wave bird I can be at the other end of my apartment and still control the Cube (not that I can see the TV but you see my point). You could be spralled around the house, dorm room,etc just laying it down. Nothing agaist the current link option but if we are just engaging in cloud talk, wouldn't that be cool?
"I put my foot so deep in your ass the water in my knee will quench your thirst." (Ras Kass 'Miami Life')

Offline Sean

• View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 04:07:42 PM »
Yeah, it's not too often that you're that far away from people who are playing multi-player games with you on GBA, unless you're in one of those wacky public schools where you can actually get away with playing GBA's in class.  It frightens me.  Dunno why.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2003, 05:47:20 AM »
Yeah but I dont know if GBA supports upto 16 players in multi but for 4 players it would be convienent.
Maybe in the future.............

El Pollo Diablos
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).

Offline Ajguy

• View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2003, 05:11:39 AM »
It would be nice to have a wireless link. I'm always paranoid that the cord will come disconnected during a session of Four Swords or something.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2003, 02:07:57 PM »
It would also be nice so that you don't have to all sit together in the same space.  You can spread out and not worry about being stuck with all the cables on your lap.  You also wouldn't need to worry about being tethered to anyone -- if you want to go to the kitchen to get a snack, you can just keep playing, instead of making everyone wait for you.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2003, 02:33:21 AM »
thats a capitol idea, but it possibly could run the batteries down a fair bit, i may be walking down the wrong path here correct me if im wrong, but with the wavebird its just sending commands, with the wireless link up for gba it would have to send and recieve and for the gameboys little AA batteries could possibly have problems

also.. it would be a minor problem, but say 2 friends were at school trading pokemon (for arguments sake) and another 2 friends on the other side of the classroom were doing the same, if they were all on the same frequency wouldn't that cause the gameboys to be confused and possibly end up with miss sent data?

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2003, 04:02:20 AM »
yeah PIACor the transmitter would have like 20 frequency's
But that is a lot. Well maybe not if u look at wavebird.
Good thinking about the transmission/receiving point it will be difficult for N.

El Pollo Diablos

Offline Boral

• View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2003, 04:08:46 PM »
they could make a receiver that works with the wavebird receiver

Offline yeg0

• View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2003, 05:55:31 AM »
Nintendo was debating whether to put in wireless technology, but they left it out. It be able to be hooked up to the GC with the wavebird receiver. Maybe because of size issue it was left out. But I have a strong feeling it will be in the next one when they aren't making a super compact Gameboy like the GBA: SP.
-yeg0

"HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY!"

Offline Jamie

• View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2003, 05:38:03 PM »
Sounds too expensive to me.  Let's just make really, really long cords, hehe.

Offline Harmonix

• View Profile
Wireless Game Boy
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2003, 04:42:24 AM »
Too expensive, in comparison with a link cable anyway. I would theorise that such a device would cost about £20 per unit.
It would be wicked being able to play games with people the other side of the class room though   ,
Does anyone remember a handheld console called 'gamecom'?, that has an internet conection of a sort, althought the actual internet was naff it had a brill multi-player capability. I am suprised that a company as vast as Nintendo have not released such a thing in the US and Europe.