Author Topic: Out of curiosity...  (Read 2296 times)

Offline daringderek

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Out of curiosity...
« on: April 04, 2019, 10:34:04 AM »
Just right off the bat, how much would a Nintendo Gamecube with a wireless controller, all cords, and the following games (StarFox Adventures, Spider-Man, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Pokemon Colosseum, Viewtiful Joe, Zelda The Wind Waker) go for?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Out of curiosity...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 10:55:14 AM »
Where would you be selling it on? Ebay, OfferUp GameStop, pawnshops?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline daringderek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:02:18 AM »
Likely off of apps like OfferUp, LetGo and probably also Craigslist.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 12:22:41 PM »
I think you can set the prices for what you are selling on OfferUp.  If I were to be buying the items listed from you on there I would say a good asking price is maybe between 80 and 100 bucks. That is just me because I like most of those games on there.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 04:05:58 PM »
I think if you sell it as a lot, you'll likely make less money, because at this point many people looking for titles like Winder Waker, Viewtiful Joe and Pokémon will probably be retro gamers looking to add a quality title to their existing library. Consider that when weighing expedience/ease of sale against maximising profits.

Pokémon Colosseum can probably fetch 20-25$ on its own, there's a lot of Pokémon fans out there. Zelda Wind Waker, depending on whether it's the version that came with Ocarina of Time on the bonus disc, will probably range between 25-35$ I think. Maybe 15-20 if it has the Player's Choice label on.
Viewtiful Joe... maybe 10? 15 If you wait for the right deal? It's a bit more niche, but you don't see it available as often as the sequel, so people might be looking for this one.

I don't think Spider-Man is worth much more than a dollar or 2 tops, Harry Potter and Star Fox will probably net around 5 each max I'd wager. Maybe a dedicated Potter fan will give you 10.
I would bundle those three with the console & wavebird.

Offline daringderek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 05:14:52 PM »
Thank you BeautifulShy and Steefosaurus for your insightful responses!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 05:38:13 PM »
The advantage to selling stuff in a lot is that the shipping costs will be a lot less than sending out a bunch of individual items. But if you're selling locally then I guess that doesn't apply.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 09:53:51 PM »
If it's a wireless controller as in a Wavebird, and your GameCube has the Digital AV port, then you should get *at least* $100 for everything - and that's only if you want to get rid of if quickly. Wind Waker and Pokemon Colosseum are worth about $30-35 each, Star Fox Adventures is probably about $15. If you have all the cases for the games I'd say your collection is worth around $150 or so, if you can find the right people (and assuming it's a Wavebird and your system has the port in question).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 01:06:02 PM »
Go to ebay and search for those items and look at the "recently sold" section. Don't go off of the prices people are asking as that can be inflated, so the recently sold prices will give you a better idea of the current range.

If you are in the greater Seattle area and open to selling piecemeal I'd be willing to buy the system and wireless controllers (assuming it has the digital AV and the controller is official wavebird).
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 02:07:48 PM »
Go to ebay and search for those items and look at the "recently sold" section. Don't go off of the prices people are asking as that can be inflated, so the recently sold prices will give you a better idea of the current range.

If you are in the greater Seattle area and open to selling piecemeal I'd be willing to buy the system and wireless controllers (assuming it has the digital AV and the controller is official wavebird).

That's a good tip.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post