Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483055 times)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #2750 on: February 13, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »
Likewise. The Comcast guy is coming over Saturday to switch the ISP over to them & I elected to stay & house sit until they showed so I should be able to hunt again this weekend.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2751 on: February 14, 2012, 02:14:08 PM »
Okay sounds good.

I have no idea if they are doing this again this week again but they said they will take it on a week by week basis.

New episode is up. They had some issues uploading it yesterday but it is up now. Here it is.

Oh they have a new site domain. You can still go look up their tumblr but myfairhunter.com will also work.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2752 on: February 15, 2012, 03:03:33 PM »
I'm fiddling around with a set for my second character for the Long sword. If you aren't aware my second character is going to have melee sets that are not are fairly unique for the weapon so here are the skills for the weapon. Critical eye +3,elemental attack up and speed sharpening. If I can get a different tali I want to add Item use up to that skill set. Thoughts?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: February 15, 2012, 07:15:19 PM »
I'm fiddling around with a set for my second character for the Long sword. If you aren't aware my second character is going to have melee sets that are not are fairly unique for the weapon so here are the skills for the weapon. Critical eye +3,elemental attack up and speed sharpening. If I can get a different tali I want to add Item use up to that skill set. Thoughts?

Is it feasible to swap Speed Sharpening with Razor Sharp? I'd figure the latter gives you a better chance to stay on the offensive, which seems to be what you're going for.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2754 on: February 15, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »

Is it feasible to swap Speed Sharpening with Razor Sharp? I'd figure the latter gives you a better chance to stay on the offensive, which seems to be what you're going for.
It's feasable to do that but then all I would really have to do with the set is just wear low rank Lagi and gem in Critical eye +3 I am kinda going for looks and speed sharpening is there is because it works with armor pieces that I am using for the set. The expert skill isn't on many armor pieces. Gobul + Both Alloys and  both Rathlos. Gobul + doesn't have many slots to work with and it doesn't have many complimenting skills for the long sword. Rathlos + is okay but when the long sword has its spirit gauge full it doesn't really needs minds eye. So for now this is the set that I am thinking of right now.

Rathlos Cap +. You can use the helm but I like the look of the cap better on my character. Plus it has one extra expert point then the helm.
Lagi + Mail put a Elemental +4 gem here.
The rest is Alloy +. I put the speed sharpening gems here. 3 of them. I have
a 7 expert tali in there but if you go with the cap you can go with a 6 expert.

I'm also going to grab all the long swords that have the higher affinity this time around with my character to try make the most of this.

I was thinking earlier of having Critical Draw as the focus of the set earlier to day but I wasn't sure how I could do that with my current talis.Then again it may have been early and I wasn't thinking clearly.

Just came up with another Long sword set but it has these skills. Critical draw, Critical eye +3 and speed Sharpening.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:30:32 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2755 on: February 20, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »
So yes another Monday has come and that means another My Fair hunter episode.

This episode they go over the Long sword and they have a guest to go over them to give Roy a break. It is actually one of his friends on twitter. They also fight a Barioth learning what they have learned with the Long sword.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2756 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:53 AM »
Okay by the looks of things I invited 2 guests for the SD hunts today. they are actually very related to the ones in the embed video above. Someone on the SD forums invited X. Here let me link one of his videos.

I also linked one of his earlier videos that turning HR 999 where he did that double fortify adren +2 bowgun Ala solo run. 

So yeah let me link the page for the hunts and I'll be over there when they start.

http://socialdissonance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=828
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:13:16 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2757 on: March 01, 2012, 03:52:56 AM »
For those that don't know Sarah got sick and she can't hunt so Roy put up the hunts we had about 2 weeks ago. Keep in mind that Sarah had all the recording stuff on her Wii so that hunt that me, Kathrine GK and Roy had with the Agna didn't make the cut. It was pretty funny though. Agna died in the Lava and we couldn't carve. We beat it to submission anyway here is the montage of 4 hours of hunts into 15 minutes of video.

Also I am recently been learning that a lot of you have Tri but I haven't played with you.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: March 01, 2012, 01:23:14 PM »
There's a still a few members that haven't taken down Alatreon, right?
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2759 on: March 01, 2012, 01:31:10 PM »
I think so. noname2200 was the most recent one I was working with. I know there was some others. I know Toruresu may have stopped playing altogether but last time I played with him he was in the early 20's. Peteychu which I think I only played with once and I gave up my last slot on my main files friend list for hasn't really posted here in this topic since. I don't know if he still plays.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2760 on: March 05, 2012, 10:04:34 PM »
New episode is out. Sarah does some hammering of Rathian and Peco offline and then jumps online and long swords a Barioth with Roy.

Sarah doesn't get its tail off but I think that has to do with not fighting it that much and having not learned the patterns that much.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: March 06, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »
Yeah, I need to take the bastard down, but I just don't have the time. Most of my gaming now is spent starting a 3DS game, then closing the system after ten minutes while I work.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2762 on: March 12, 2012, 01:27:02 PM »
That's sad to hear noname. Its a shame that I could get back to you soon enough.
I don't know if you are free this Friday but The My Fair Hunter people are doing some more hunts then maybe we can play then. Sarah is on the 3 star quests and I think she is getting close to HR 30 so if you are free this Friday maybe we can play for a while.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2763 on: March 19, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »

New episode is out. Sarah takes on an Uragaan and they also do a Rathlos capture quest.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: March 21, 2012, 05:56:59 PM »
I miss playing Tri. My schedule is changing up a lot in about a month or so and will leave all of my evenings free (hooray real 9-5 Mon-Fri schedule!). So hopefully I'll have more time for gaming.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new Monster Hunter though. Wasn't there one coming for the 3DS?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2765 on: March 21, 2012, 09:13:11 PM »
I'm glad to see that you have more time to play Stratos! Maybe we can actually have the club going again! Yeah there is a 3DS Monster Hunter. Monster Hunter Tri G. There was a little blurb about it in Edge magazine but nothing else has really been announced from Capcom. I think in a month most of us will be playing Xenoblade but I can squeeze in some Tri time for a old hunter.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2766 on: March 22, 2012, 10:59:24 PM »
Me and Mop it up are in Valor 3 gate 3 city 1 and there is 2 spots open currently. First come first serve.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2767 on: April 16, 2012, 03:14:05 PM »
Well I am not going to be able to play for a short while since my Wii is being shipped off but I thought I would leave this here.

Also they are doing one of those community hunts again I believe this coming Friday.

Also I should note that since this episode is fairly short they are letting you guys vote on what they will do next episode. Switch axe teaching or Ceadus hunting. I have been told by Roy that you can email him if you can not leave a comment on youtube or on their site.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:37:14 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2768 on: April 20, 2012, 01:49:35 PM »
Well for those wondering I got my Wii back last night but Nintendo couldn't keep the data so I am sitting at HR 8 now and I have a new character name. Elipsia. I am just going to be focusing on the sword and shield,Great sword and Bow gun.

Also today is the anniversary of the North American release of Tri so I guess today would be a good day to get this going again. I know a few people still have urgents to be done but I can't help but I know a few people that I helped past that point can help those that are still working on it. Don't worry about me to much. I have my plan of action and I am already up to HR 8 after one night.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: April 23, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »
Sorry about your data loss , Maxi. Still, welcome back.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2770 on: April 23, 2012, 04:51:49 PM »
Thanks GK. I am online now if anyone wants to help me out. I go by Elipsia. HR 16.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2771 on: April 24, 2012, 07:40:15 PM »
In about 20 minutes I will be getting on for those that want to play Tri with me. Mop it up will be playing with me as well.
I am online now at the usual place.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:53:48 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2772 on: June 01, 2012, 01:31:40 AM »
Well guess what. I did lots of challenges for my urgent's on my way up to Ala and I decided to do a special one for Ala. I had someone record it. It was a Leather + challenge. Basically there isn't many worthwhile attacking or defense skills on Leather + but it does have a fair amount of slots so the challenge is to fight Ala with this armor. You can use any Talis but the weapon can't use any HR51 materials. I adren+2 gunned it since that was the best tali I had in my box.

Here was the set up I had.

http://divinewh.im/s/0_p.1U_s.1a_p.1a.1a_r.1a.1a_q.1U_19.k.1U

Here was the gun. Rathling Gun + Frame, Thundercrus Rex Barrel, and Blizzard Cannon Frame. I had the frame maxed out and ate for Attack up L. It was actually the first time Adren+2 Ala.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:33:23 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: June 01, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »
I approve.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2774 on: September 08, 2012, 09:36:21 AM »
Okay I am bumping this now to see if there is any interest to play this week. Namely on Monday,Tuesday, or Wednesday?

Also last week Sarah and Roy played with X and Gale. Sarah is up in HR 40's now so Roy is having experts for each weapon on the show.
Alexis, she/her/Miss