Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483025 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #2525 on: August 16, 2011, 01:42:51 AM »
I'll see if I can play then Ceric.Give me a time on Tuesday so we can get it done.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: August 16, 2011, 09:21:11 AM »
I'll see if I can play then Ceric.  Give me a time on Tuesday so we can get it done.
How about 8:30CST/6:30PST for the Urgent?

Anyone else want to come I could really use the help.  I stepped in there yesterday alone just to see the mechanics of the fight.  Definitely looks to be easier with a full crew.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:52:02 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2527 on: August 16, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
That ought to work Ceric.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 16, 2011, 09:17:17 PM »
Cool.

I'm on and Getting supplies together.  I would love for two more.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2529 on: August 16, 2011, 09:18:15 PM »
Probably will be on in 10 mins Ceric.

Edit:Getting on now.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:30:13 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: August 16, 2011, 10:42:11 PM »
If you still need some help with that urgent, I'm on my way. I don't think it would be possible to solo it; I was just trying it with my friend the other day and we couldn't beat it with two of us.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 17, 2011, 10:39:55 AM »
I'm HR32 now.
Thanks all for the help last night.  I'll right up something more extensive when I have a bit more time.  Though I am looking forward to some High Rank Monsters.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: August 18, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »
Unlocked Barioth last Night in Offline.  I was doing ok until it took so long that by the end my Stam was at the min and I had to take the sub-quest win but, The Sub-Quest win gave me 3 rewards and 1 of them is the last Amber Tusk that so alluded me.  Tried a Diablos after that and I finished all the Sub-Quests, Break both horns and sonic him in the ground, but he just wouldn't die. Once I ran out of healing items and was near dead I had to take the sub-quest win...

Did arena got smoked by the R. Ludroth, Killed a Great Jaggi, and Almost killed a Queropeco but he lucked out in that my Wiimote died.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2533 on: August 18, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »
Ah it sounds like you have 5 star quests avalable offline.

Few tips. I would eat for defense when going out on quests with giant monsters. Well done Steaks and either hot or cool drinks can keep the stamina up in long quests.

Barioth can be a problem online or offline. Play more defensive with Barioth until you can lance him more offensively. Lance and Sword and shield work well versus Barioth in learning and defending versus Barioth.  I always bring Cha-Cha and use its acorn mask to attack with the strongest element. Barioth is weakest to fire while Diablos is weakest to Ice. Diablos it can help if you bring a sword and shield so you can throw sonic bombs from your guard position.Lance works too.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: August 20, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »
I swear that the stupid Diablos reads my inputs.  He'll immediately pop up after going under if I'm not in a guarded position.  He'll Double Tell whip if my Stamina is low.  He'll wait underground where I'm going to zone in and pop up right there.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2535 on: August 20, 2011, 08:41:21 PM »
Mega dash juice can help versus Diablos or any monster you are Lancing. You make it by combining Dash extract and well done steak. Don't have to worry about stamina at all. You get Dash extract from Royal Ludroth or tuna.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2536 on: August 22, 2011, 05:24:27 PM »
Did anybody want to play on Tuesday?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: August 22, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »
I can play on Tuesday I believe.  It will be after 8cst though.  Its my night to make supper.
I like to do High Rank Queropeco because, you are suppose to be able to get Deviljho and he'll eat an aptonoth, drop a shiny, and it will most likely be his claw and I can upgrade my Power Charm etc.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2538 on: August 23, 2011, 05:54:29 PM »
Let me know when you can get on Ceric. We can probably work on getting ready for your Rank 4 urgent which is Rathian and Rathlos.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2539 on: August 23, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »
I'm getting on now Ceric and anybody else that wants to join me.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: August 23, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »
I'll be on in a couple minutes when I can get the TV.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: August 24, 2011, 05:00:50 AM »
So what am I going to do with these hot leather trousers? They're too cool to not wear. Find me a good setup for them, but make sure it matches!

Given what the Adrenaline skill is, then Evasion skill would be a good one. I don't think that Sharpness +1 could have enough slots for anything else, but perhaps Attack Up L could go with it?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2542 on: August 24, 2011, 05:11:14 AM »
Since you asked for my Adreniline +2 set up here it is Mop it up.
These are the skills on it. Adreniline +2,Fortify and Evasion +2.
Guild Bard Lobos,Soul hunter Jacket, Barioth + vambraces, Chakra Waistlet, and Black Leather Pants. The Tali I have is a 5 evasion with one slot. You only need a 4 evasion though to get Evasion +2. If you are comfortable with Evasion +1 then you can use the Tali to add another skill.

I haven't looked at the Sharpness + 1 skill with Adreniline +2. What weapon do you plan on using with the pants?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: August 24, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »
You know me, I use a lance more often than not. I know that has a shield, but using the sidestep evade sometimes allows for quicker counterattacks.

Would it be possible to mix Attack Up with Evasion 2? What does Fortify do again?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2544 on: August 24, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »
Fortify is activated when you die and gives you an attack boost. I guess It would be more useful if you are soloing things since you can not worry about your teammates dieing. 

As for Adren +2,Evasion +2 and Attack up skills it is possible but it kinda depends on your best Evasion and attack charms. If you want Evasion + 2 and attack up Large then you are going to need a 7 evasion with 2 slots.

If you absolutly need Evasion +2 then you are going to need a godcharm unless you get down to Attack up small.  If you can work with Evasion +1 then you can get Attack up Large with a 7 evasion charm or a 6 evasion with one slot.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: August 24, 2011, 10:24:33 PM »
It doesn't have to be Attack Up L, but even S is better than anything else I could think of that I would want alongside Evasion.

So either way I'd still want those pieces of armour that you mentioned?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2546 on: August 24, 2011, 10:41:42 PM »
Just looked it up and If you want Attack up Small,Evasion +2 and Adreniline +2 then here is a good set up.
You only need a 5 evasion tali to make it work. 

Skills are Adreniline +2,Evasion +2 and attack up small. Barioth +helm. Put one evasion gem there.Barroth + mail,Barioth + vambraces and put one evasion gem there.Barioth + faulds and put in a 5 attack gem.Black leather Pants.

It would be kinda helpful to know your best evasion and attack charms so I am making a set that actually works for you and not one that may not work.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:46:42 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: August 24, 2011, 10:56:19 PM »
Was Practicing Rathalos Offline.  I was using the Ancient Great Sword.  I had the Tail off at about 10 or so minutes into the quest.  Only had 1 faint.  She just wouldn't die.  I had to take a sub quest win because she just started limping when I had 20 seconds left on the quest...  Very annoying.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2548 on: August 24, 2011, 11:02:56 PM »
Few tricks with the Great Sword and Rathlos is to start charging when it is turned around and not facing you. If you time it right you can get some good charges off on the head and then roll away.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: August 24, 2011, 11:17:09 PM »
Evasion +6 or Attack +7.