Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483039 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #2500 on: August 12, 2011, 12:29:53 PM »
When do you want to play today Ceric?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: August 12, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »
Wife Willing, I like to be on about 8-8:30CST/6-6:30PST and end sometime around 11CST/9PST.

I finished my Red Bludgeon offline yesterday so, I like to do a couple Barioth to get the 2 Claws I need for Tusk Lance.  After that I  like to whittle down my lvl 3 Star Quests to help replenish the old War Chest.

I'm doing this off memory but I should have left:
The Fisherman Fiend
Harvest Tour: Flooded Forest
Harvest Tour: Tundra
We Need a Hero
Into the Danger Zone
Wanted Alive
Rotten Fish
The Creeping Venom
The Lost Expedition
The Bard's Barioth
Roll the Uroktor
Powder Burns
The Volcano's Fury
To Catch an Uragaan
The Festival Of Fear
(Advanced) Rathalos Alert
(Advanced) Double Trouble
(Advanced) Agnaktor Alert
(Advanced) Fort Gigginox

Key:
Done
Could Solo
Advance/Don't know how to get
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:38:44 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2502 on: August 12, 2011, 01:29:47 PM »
Advanced quests show up randomly. All the quests cycle in and out. Little trick is to start a quest and then abandon the quest once you enter the quests. The quests will change a little and the quest you haven't done might show up in the quests.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2503 on: August 12, 2011, 09:04:11 PM »
Gonna get on now Ceric.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: August 12, 2011, 09:26:06 PM »
I'm going to be on any minute now if the progress bar decides to move...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: August 12, 2011, 10:13:18 PM »
Connection death & things seemed laggy on the way. Guess since someone has been using a laptop on the network lately, things are a little less stable than usual. Unfortunately someone is on the other PC so can't restart the router until they finish up. Hope I can catch up with you all later tonight.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2506 on: August 13, 2011, 02:48:41 AM »
Sorry GK but the room was full when I saw you on. On the bright side Ceric is nearing HR27 so he can practice his urgent when he levels up.

Ceric my advice is to start working on offline some more and get a good amount of zenny and materials so you are ready for High rank when it comes. I think you can work with the weapons you have and do pretty good offline.

Oh a few tips. Give Cha-Cha 3 Well done steaks every quest you do. He levels up its mask the quickest that way. Capturing monsters in the free hunt can give you better trade items for the captain. Gather as much as you can on any quest you do. A little bit goes a long way if you do it alot. For weapons to work on I think you can upgrade the ice lance once more before needing high rank parts. Try to do that before we do your urgent.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: August 13, 2011, 02:57:24 AM »
Yeah, but I was able to find some Gigginox farms for some pale so it wasn't a total loss.
Mission...complete?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: August 13, 2011, 07:52:54 AM »
Ceric my advice is to start working on offline some more and get a good amount of zenny and materials so you are ready for High rank when it comes. I think you can work with the weapons you have and do pretty good offline.
I haven't gotten much gathering done as of late because I'm been focusing on getting my gear up and the mats are mostly online.  Now that is up more I'll probably be gathering more getting better prepared.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: August 13, 2011, 08:14:14 AM »
Hunter's Log HR 22-26:

The beginning was DC Fest 2011.  Had got totally frozen at one point trying to do an Arena.  Maxi get DC about 3/4 of  the way through a Qurupeco Arena but, I finished it up just to be kicked off.  We then did some Barioth to finish up my Tusk Lance.  I needed more Zenny so, we finished a lot of my lvl 3's.  I had more faints than I would have liked I lot of those was getting cornered.  Got the Zenny and made the Tusk Lance.  I'm definitely still less durable than everyone else but, it was nice to see my weapons starting to come to some parity.  Also big fight with mats for me tonight.  I just haven't gotten much gathering done.

Thanks all for coming last night.

Hunters: Maxi, Mop_it_up, Ceric, GK and Hunter Name Seli.
HR Gained: 4 at a rate of about 1 per hour
New Gear: 
Tusk Lance
Rusted Great Sword

Kills/Caps:
Qurupeco
Rathalos
Barioth
Lagiacrus
Gigginox
Rathian
Diablos
Uragaan
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:16:16 AM by Ceric »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: August 13, 2011, 01:51:19 PM »
Blah... My farm won't let me cultivate the one THunderbug I have found...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:08:33 PM by Ceric »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2511 on: August 13, 2011, 02:17:12 PM »
Think you need to upgrade the farm some. Talk to junior and go check out the villagers requests. See if there is any you can do that relate to the farm. Post here what you need and I can probably tell you where to find it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: August 13, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »
Think you need to upgrade the farm some. Talk to junior and go check out the villagers requests. See if there is any you can do that relate to the farm. Post here what you need and I can probably tell you where to find it.
Its fully upgraded for where I'm at at the moment.  I just got my honey which was the last thing.  Do I ever get to do more then just one?

Did some gathering to get the resources to do them all before I made that post.  Got a R. Ludroth and a Peco.  It was only a R. Ludroth forcast.  Which was awesome except I wasn't supplied for that and it ate through what I had gathered to take back Potion wise.

I've been grinding the Offline Rhenoplos quest because I can do it in 2-3 mins for 1100 Zenny each which is the fastest Zenny per minute for me.  Trying to get my funds up.  I'm only at 10,000 Zenny again.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2513 on: August 13, 2011, 10:13:12 PM »
In free hunts you can die as much as you want so I'd just work on the monster and not worry about healing. As for the farm you can have up to 3 felines working on the farm. I think you get more as you finish up your quests.

Gonna be gone for the rest of the day so if you have any questions maybe someone else can answer.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: August 13, 2011, 11:05:22 PM »
Maxi? MAXI! We could use your help! I've been playing through the game with a friend of mine, but now we've kind of hit a wall. It seems we just can't beat Jhen Morhan with just the two of us, so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving us a hand for it?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2515 on: August 13, 2011, 11:51:17 PM »
Just got home and I guess I can hop on see if you are still around.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: August 13, 2011, 11:52:46 PM »
Yeah, we're on, and we still can't do it.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: August 14, 2011, 09:17:11 AM »
I'm playing offline right this sec but if anyone wants to jump on I'm willing to go.  I like to kill a Barrioth for an Amber tusk but, I'm really game for anything.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2518 on: August 14, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
Just got up. Give me a hour or so and I'll hop online.

Edit: Getting online now.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:35:39 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2519 on: August 14, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
To answer your question about the fire Lance Ceric. You need parts from  Rhenoloplos, Barroth and Agnaktor.

To save you some money it is best to start at the Rhenohasta then upgrade that to the Rugged Lance then into the Spiral heat.  Let me know if you want to play more after you finish your Lunch.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: August 14, 2011, 03:18:27 PM »
I'm back on but, you know, I have my Fire Hammer.  I like to get a different Status weapon.  Like a Paralysis or Poison Lance.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2521 on: August 14, 2011, 03:21:11 PM »
Lets make the para lance then. Similar start as the fire Lance but it has a different path to follow. I'll get on now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: August 14, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »
I'm glad you could make it to help us out last night Maxi, my friend appreciated it as well.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2523 on: August 14, 2011, 06:13:04 PM »
Sure not a problem Mop it up.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: August 14, 2011, 09:35:11 PM »
Welp...
I'm HR30.  Which means I have my Urgent now.  I'm going to read up on it and do it some night when I can gather 3 other hunters.  Maybe Tuesday.

Maxi and I worked on some of my other equipment today.  Now I'm literally 1 component away from my next two lance upgrades.  My Tusk Lance needs another Amber Tusk and my new Gobulu Muruka needs a Fearsome Maw to get to its next level.

Maxi and I tried valiantly with Gigginox to get that but, you have to break the head and the body.  Maxi did great but, my fundamentals where all over the place.  Still not fully used to the CCPro.  Offline I finally killed Barroth.   He KOed me twice before getting him down.  I also got crafted my Ancient Blade.  I'm enjoying it.

Barroth was my stopper on offline it seems.  After defeating him I flew up to 5 Star.  Lagiacrus I smoked both times I saw him after that sporting the Gobulu Muruka.  In fact I had more problems with Rathian and Gobul which I had to do each twice but that was more because of poor weapon choice.  I'm 2 Super Dung away from getting my farm almost done (Haven't gotten the right type of day yet.)

I'm toying with the idea of making the Lagiacrus Gunner Armor sometime down the road when I have the funds to go that whole weapon route.  Probably finish my lance set.  Still need a fire one now that I got my Para one.  Maybe even make a status set to go with it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:17:15 AM by Ceric »