Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483018 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #2475 on: August 09, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »
I'm at work now.  Won't be able to get on till sometime after 8pm CST (My night to make supper.)
Look like I'll probably be looking to do the Volcano Powder quest for Dragonite Ore when I get on next.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2476 on: August 09, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »
That's 6pm PST for me. I'll catch you then.

I'm going to jump online now. I guess I will go mining while I wait for you Ceric.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:52:39 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2477 on: August 09, 2011, 09:54:06 PM »
Hey everyone me, Ceric and a random is in the city so there is space for one more. I keep on getting DCed so I'd like a 4th so it isn't just Ceric and the random hunting whatever without me when I get DCed.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: August 10, 2011, 08:37:47 AM »
Hunter's Log HR 18-22:
Last Night was a good night except Maxi was DCing a lot.  Which really came to a head when I was fighting Gigginox with another hunter named  Violet.  I was quickly reading up on the fight and had dung bombs for it and fail to notice the poison so I forgot antidotes.  Luckily the chest had 2, Violet gave me 2, and, once you see it, the poison isn't hard to avoid.  Maxi was well prepared except he had no Antidotes either but his gear covered him.  We're doing fine, Maxi Bounce bombing him on the Ceiling and like then Maxi DCs.   At that point it was a lot of evading, hunter horn, and Giggi nest killing but slowly and surely we killed Gigginox.  Sort of an interesting boss.  Also I just don't see the appeal of Lagiacrus.

I'm hoping to get through the rest of my lvl3 star quests soon and once I get my Rathalos set to upgrade my Peco Flint to Red Bludgeon
Thanks all for coming last night.

Hunters: Maxi, Mop_it_up, Ceric, and random red sh... I mean other hunters.
HR Gained: 4 at a rate of about 1 per hour
New Gear:  Acrus Lance
Rampart
Iron Sword+
Hunter Knife+
The last two were quest rewards from Powder Burns ?.?
Almost Made:
Tusk Lance(I'm 2 Barioth Claw away)
Rathalos Armor (I'm 9 Dragonite Ore and 1 Rare Scarabs away.  I may be missing a Rathalos Plate as well.)

Kills/Caps (Ordered by Remembered Frequency):
Old Pickaxes
Iron Pickaxes
Mega Pickaxes
Rathalos
Barioth
Lagiacrus
Gigginox
RathianI'm fairly sure we did this one but my memory is fuzzy on it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:12:09 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2479 on: August 10, 2011, 11:34:47 AM »
I like it. Nice update. Good hunts last night Ceric. I guess the appeal of Lagiacrus is that along Rathlos armor it is pretty good. It also has lots of armor slots to gem in things. The armor is pretty good for most weapons except hammer and great sword.

Oh I wanted to mention something last night while we were hunting Rathlos.

That was where each weapon works best so you don't disrupt your teammates.

Hammer users generally want to attack the head. That way it can KO the monster quicker.If any other hunters are by the head it should be the greatsword user after the tail is gone. Everybody usually works better if they are away from from the head of the monster otherwise you might be super pounded.

Switchaxes generally work best at cutting off the tail and then if there is a hammer user when the tail is off it is usually best to work on the feet of the monster to get the monster tripped.

Great sword can help get the tail off and then it can attack the head.

Lance and sword and shield  can attack the body most effectively. For Longsword it is third best at cutting off tails. Nost of the time when dong spirit combos you want to try to be away from your teammates so you don't trip them. I usually when the monster is tripped try to be on one side of the monster where my teammates are.  Bowguners. I guess it depends on the type but if there is a monster with wings the best target is the wings since they may be hard to get unless the monster is tripped. Generally shoot where your teammates can't get disrupted.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: August 10, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »
Ok.

I've been looking at the Hitzones for the monster and migrating where I could be most effective or easiest to manage.
Like with Giggonox I would try to go for is head with a hammer since the Head and neck are the most susceptible to impact.  If I had a lance I go for his tummy because that is the best area for Cutting damage, which I guess that is a mute point with a lance because well.. it is considered the highest but tummy is easier to hit.  Though Giggonox Tail seems to be the best place if your trying to mitigate damage taken.

So in general preference it should go:

Hammer: Head
Lance: Body
S&S: Body
Switchaxe: Tail then Feet/Head
GS: Tail then Head
BG: Hard to hit areas, because it won't disrupt the team

That leaves Longsword. 

Like to note I'm not super fond of the Hammer Charge move simply because I lose a lot of control when I miss and go into a spin.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2481 on: August 10, 2011, 12:47:25 PM »
The trick with the hammer is to release the button when you are not moving and that will result in doing a Super pound. Also you can end the spin sooner by pressing the attack button again. You can immeditely roll away after your last attack.

Also I am quite impressed with you researching everything Ceric and getting the hitzones down. I know of a few good  areas for different monsters where it is weakest. I usually go where the best use of whatever weapon I am using for the team.

The long sword I guess could go anywhere but it kinda depends on what weapons are being used in the party at the time. You don't want to be attacking the head if there is a Hammer user there and the long sword can be pretty disruptive for Lances too. Great swords when doing the Level 3 charge are immune to tripping or any other disruption. I mainly attack the body with the longsword. Its also pretty good at getting the wings when it is tripped.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2482 on: August 10, 2011, 01:03:33 PM »
I just went online and well the servers are down. I guess today I will be working on my second character offline.I'll let everyone know when they are up again.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2483 on: August 10, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
Snow made a topic at Capcom-unity.If you guys don't know he works for Capcom so he knows more about the situation then most of us.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/go/thread/view/7451/28192039/Connection_Issues
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: August 10, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »
That sort of stinks.  I was hoping to finish off the more mundane part of my new set tonight.  Pop on for an hour.  Get some Dragonite Ore.  Then I be all ready for when I get some more time.  Well,  At least I'll probably get to starting the Retroactive.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2485 on: August 10, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »
You could work on offline for a bit like I am.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: August 10, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »
You could work on offline for a bit like I am.
I'm not to the point where I could make meaningful progress on the set, only lvl3 offline still.  I just got back from the councilor so, it's ok that its down the Misses and I have things to talk about.

Watching My Fair Hunter and I must be the only player in existence that uses the Wiimote controls out of choice.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:23:29 PM by Ceric »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2487 on: August 10, 2011, 07:24:27 PM »
Eh I've seen some other members around the net use them. It just isn't really common.

In other news I beat the final boss with my second character and got this armor set up. Lagi helm, Selene mail, Selene vambraces, Selene faulds and Selene boots. When gemmed up I can get Sharpness +1 and HG Earplugs. All you need is 2 slots in between the tali and weapon.  I couldn't find a rusted lance so I used the rusted great sword upgraded as much as I could and used Lagi armor gemmed up to Attack up M to beat the final boss. I guess now I can work on expanding my weapons. I didn't have many good choices to fight the final boss. I hope the servers are up fairly soon.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2488 on: August 10, 2011, 09:51:14 PM »
Servers are back up.Our city is still there.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: August 11, 2011, 12:06:15 AM »
I popped on for a bit to get my Dragonite Ore real quick.  After about 6 attempts to transport the Stone I realized that I need a transport set and had to abandon the quest.  THen had to go back and hunt Giggi's for Velvety Hide to make the Loc Lac pieces for Pro Transporter.  Made one of my Rathalos pieces I could and now the armor negates heat but, since I abandon the quest I'll have to wait till tomorrow to finish up getting Dragonite Ore.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2490 on: August 11, 2011, 12:25:26 AM »
You don't have to have transporter skills to beat the powder stone quests it just helps. If you have 140 HP then you can make it to camp with a powderstone. Also the feline food skill Lander can help skip whole areas.

Ceric I am over in the chat at Nintemple right now if you want to join me.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: August 11, 2011, 12:53:31 AM »
Alright,  It seems if you go out and back in it will let you do abandoned quests.  So I did get to farm for some ore which kept me up past when I wanted to be up.  So I now have a full Rathalos set with Attack (L),

I'll have to keep that in mind next time.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:19:35 AM by Ceric »

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: August 11, 2011, 01:58:24 AM »
If you two are still at it, I can lend my hammer for a few quests.
Mission...complete?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: August 11, 2011, 07:20:31 AM »
If you two are still at it, I can lend my hammer for a few quests.
Thanks for the offer.  I went to bed after posting that.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: August 11, 2011, 08:40:54 AM »
Yeah, I figured I missed everyone. Ah well. Did a bit of hunting then did the same.
Mission...complete?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: August 11, 2011, 09:48:39 AM »
Yeah, I didn't come here and do a "call to arms" simply because I planned on popping on for 30 min, getting the ore I needed, and popping off.

That didn't work... I had mined a rustshard the first try too but, I wasn't prepared for the run With the Powderstone.  After about 6-7 attempts it didn't work out.  So it was off to make a Transport set.  Which meant it was off to kill Giggi's.  Made the set.  Farmed ore and it still took me about 3 attempts to get the powderstone back.

So what started as 30min pop in turned into a 2 hour ordeal.  Though I finished my set and I got on this morning with the thought "Hey, I'm going to use this for a while lets upgrade it."  So I did to Adv. Armor Sphere's then stopped.  If I was smart I would have made my Hammer upgrade first.  I somehow got the last piece I needed last night to upgrade to the Red Bludgeon on my hammer.  Unfortunately because I went wild on upgrading the armor I'm 8,000 Zenny short.  Oh well, I should get that next session online which might by tomorrow.  I did try the set on the Great Jaggi Offline 2 star and had it done in 6 minutes.  I actually have a use for their scales.

Next up is getting money it seems and making a Switchaxe.

On another note.  The Pro on My Fair hunter must have not done the low stuff for a while.  You knock out the Kelbi to get the Horn and when your low on health its better to get out of an area and do a quick potion when your little and Things can 3 hit ya.

He finely saw the light that he has to KO the Kelbi.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:19:22 AM by Ceric »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2496 on: August 11, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
You could use the stormsender seeds I gave you the other day to make some money just save some from what you farm up so you can use it again. If you farm up the stormsender seeds and do one of the egg quests you can get zenny fairly quickly.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: August 11, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »
Been listening to Monster Hunter Podcast.  We should really get a Skype or something going on a hunt session.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: August 11, 2011, 03:06:48 PM »
Which podcast? The Well-Done one? I actually have Skype but I have yet to hunt or play anything while using it.
Mission...complete?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: August 11, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »
Which podcast? The Well-Done one? I actually have Skype but I have yet to hunt or play anything while using it.
Social Dissonance: Monster Hunter Podcast.