Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483066 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #2425 on: August 01, 2011, 02:04:29 PM »
Just tried the Single Player Great Jaggi hunt.  Yeah,  I didn't complete it.  I kept hitting him, my weapon go red, I need to run away and sharpen, rinse repeat, get mobbed by little guys.  Do you ever get a life bar?  I had him panting and limping and he just wouldn't die.

I think I got the Pico Hammer to do most of the early offline stuff since it added a nice fire elemental aspect to the wepon which a lot of monsters are weak to plus it's pretty easy to get if I remember correctly.
I should probably have the stuff for that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2426 on: August 01, 2011, 05:18:06 PM »
That made for some odd hunts.

'We have all the Corral, Yay!'
'Maxi where are you Maxi?'
10-20 minutes later
'I have all the Corral, Yay!'

Everyone say's that Monster Bone L can come from Barroth but, the list of stuff doesn't really say that.  Is it Capture or Carve...
I'm sort of confused on the Weapon Progression in a way.  I feel like I need a stronger set of weapons now that I'm lvl 2 in Offline but, I'm no where near the creatures to get them.  Its a weird feeling.

I'll try the Great Sword today.

Just in general I have raid nights Monday, Thursday, and  Saturday so I won't  be able to hunt those really.

I tried to use the charge as a gap closer or a get away and that's about it.  Its a little unwieldy.  I'll try to use the Shield bash more.

I believe Monster bone L is a carve and quest reward.

Weapon progression is kinda odd. Early on like apdude said a fire weapon helps. All the early monsters are weak to fire except Peco. Jaggi,Royal Ludroth,Barroth when the mud is off it. All the water monsters are weak to fire. Early on I tend to use an non elemental weapon. The iron hammer. It won't have the elemental strength versus certain monsters but you will be able to use it on anything. If you have parts for a fire weapon then go for it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:31:42 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: August 01, 2011, 05:29:13 PM »
I was reading on Barroth.  If I read write at first he is more susceptible to water while your clearing the mud pretty much then, once its off he is more vulnerable to fire which is his true weakness but, once you clear the mud he is more vulnerable in general so it becomes a mute point sort of.

I'll have to see but I'm confident I've got the pieces to make a that hammer.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2428 on: August 01, 2011, 05:46:39 PM »
Yeah Barroth is weak to water or ice when it has its mud on. Fire when it has the mud off. Few tips for Barroth when using a Lance. I believe you don't need any Guard skills to counter the charge. Countering a monster can be slightly tricky. Hold down R and then when the monster is close to you tap the a button.You want to kinda wait till it is about a roll away from you when it is countering. By the time it reaches you it will hit your shield and then you will counter.You should counter upwards with your attack.My advice for Barroth is to work on the legs and when it trips and falls over go for the tail if you lancing or sword and shielding. This can help get the tail off quicker.If you are hammering then try to go from the side and hammer its head. Some monsters charge may need a higher Guard skill. There is Guard +1 and Guard +2 that helps when Lancing other monsters.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: August 01, 2011, 08:39:53 PM »
Switching to that hammer made the Great Jaggi go down much faster.

I was finishing my online lvl 1 quests and the one for the Kebbi Horns had a Great Jaggi in it so I took him out as well.  I'm just missing a Fisherman's Tale on the lvl 1's.  I also tried to do the Wyvern Egg one... By the time I figured it out I had been killed by the Wyvern twice.  I got 1 egg in and decided to take the sub-quest win.  I come back and do it again some other time.  Now off to tonights raid.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2430 on: August 02, 2011, 08:31:34 AM »
Yeah there is a certain path which is the fastest to do the egg quests. Its the path where you go through the Great Jaggi's Lair. The only thing you have to worry about is the small giggi leaping out to you. So you want to stay to the far left when going through there. It will leap at you but it will be short of hitting you. The skill pro transporter makes you run faster while carrying the egg or powderstone.The Lac Loc armor gives the skill.It is 3 pieces so you can put two other armor pieces with it so you can get another skill. I personally use Leather armor so I can gather quicker and mine quicker in the volcano. Hunter armor mixed with Loc Lac I think can give you Auto tracker so you know where the monster is. If the Rathian shows up I try to get the the camp with the egg. Next time I see it I use a paintball on it so I can plan my path of travel. Go where Rathian isn't heading.

Edit:In other news I finally got the Rathlos plate that I needed for the Rathlos arm piece for my second character. I finished up the 5 star quests offline and am in the process of mining for the rusted Lance. When upgraded it becomes a dragon elemental lance. Once I get it I am going to beat the final boss offline.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:00:57 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: August 02, 2011, 09:03:28 AM »
This morning I attempted the Great Jaggi capture quest.  Each time I trapped him after chasing him down from limping, tranq the snot out of him, he escape, and then I accidentally kill him trying to weaken him for another trap.  I then tried t R. ludroth capture quest online.  Ran out of supplies and had to take the subquest points.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2432 on: August 02, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »
With capture quests once the monster starts limping it is ready for capture. It doesn't matter if it runs away it still will be able to be captured. You don't need to make it limp again for you to capture it.

Aside from a few monsters once it is cap ready you can set up a trap anytime. The aformentioned monsters are the ones that can pin you down on the ground and eat you. It will gain a little bit of health back from eating you. There is only 4 monsters that can pin you down and eat you. To escape from being pinned throw a dung bomb at it. Dung bombs can be made with dung and bomb casings. dung can be found in the deserted island in area 8. Bomb casings can be made from either sap plant and stone or sap plant and iron ore. Sap plants can be gathered in the flooded forest underwater. It is those little plants underwater you can gather those from.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:17:46 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: August 02, 2011, 09:32:38 AM »
Then color me confused because I had him trapped and I was throwing Tranqs at him with the little puff going off  on him.  Tried to keep them on his head and the quests didn't end. I must be doing something wrong.  Its:

1. Beat Snot Out Of to Limp
2. Trap
3. Tranq
4. Profit

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2434 on: August 02, 2011, 09:49:29 AM »
Yep that's it.

Only thing that I can think of that might went wrong was you missed with your tranqs. A shock trap works best for smaller monsters. You have to get really close to the monster if you are using a pitfall trap on a smaller monster. You had the skill status attack down on your armor set.Lagi armor has that as a negative skill. With status attack down you have to use 3 tranqs to capture a monster. It is usually 2 tranqs.

Was there any minions in the way of the tranqs you were throwing?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: August 02, 2011, 10:13:40 AM »
No.  Does it have to hit the head or can it be anywhere?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2436 on: August 02, 2011, 10:19:25 AM »
It can be anywhere.

There might have been lag if you were playing online when capturing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:21:11 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: August 03, 2011, 12:17:01 AM »
One trick I've learned is to let the monster go to sleep & set the trap right beside it. You'll wake it & it'll stand on it without you accidentally slaying it.
Mission...complete?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: August 03, 2011, 08:54:27 AM »
One trick I've learned is to let the monster go to sleep & set the trap right beside it. You'll wake it & it'll stand on it without you accidentally slaying it.
I actually tried that today.  He died when I went to wake him up >_<

After that botch, I went out to grind resources for a bug box and after making a dent in the Ludroth population I went after some Jaggis.  I had forgotten rations and whetstones but, there was a Great Jaggi, we fought, my weapon was right before red and I was closing to exhaustion and the Great Jaggi started limping.  I have you now.  He ran out if the area.  I follow.  As soon as I was in I put down a Pitfall Trap.  He charges.  Trapped. Tranq, Tranq, Tranq. Profit.  200 Resources.

Went to get my bug box and I was missing the Super Sized Dung. Oh, Well U_U

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2439 on: August 03, 2011, 09:19:45 AM »
Super sized dung is a resource from free hunting. Just head all the way to the right and enter there. If you kill some Apinoth.Those herbivore looking monsters. Also if you talk to the chief's son and check the Moga forecast look for something called "herbivores breeding" in the area section and when you go out during that day to free hunt these giant apinoth will show up. I usually just stay in the area right next to base camp and when they show up I kill them and carve them. After the apinoth vanish another group will show up. I usually do the apinoth killing till I have 10 raw meat. Usually by then I will have gotten enough super sized dung. Also during these "herbivore breeding" times there is bigger then usual Kelbi. If you use a hammer hit or shield bash on them there is a chance you can get a blue kelbi horn by carving them. Kelbi horns are great to farm for since when Kelbi horns are combined with something else you can make Ancient Potion. Which can fully max out your heath and stamina so for each you have 150 for both.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:53:16 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2440 on: August 06, 2011, 12:12:16 AM »
Ceric when did you want to play again? How far are you along into offline?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: August 06, 2011, 07:30:32 AM »
Ceric when did you want to play again? How far are you along into offline?
Welp Last night I just got Cha-Cha and I defeat Q Bird, its early name escapes me.  Lvl 3.  I might be on a little this morning we are going to get my Son today and then I have a raid tonight.

I was planning on being on this week but, with the my Son gone the Misses and I have been dating.  That all being said I was hoping to get in some online Sunday Aug. 7.

Edit:
Looks like things have changed and I can play some this morning.  THough I'm really excited I just capped R. Ludroth on the Kill quest.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:24:04 AM by Ceric »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2442 on: August 06, 2011, 10:11:37 AM »
You want to jump online now Ceric?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: August 06, 2011, 10:55:26 AM »
Sure

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: August 06, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
That Barroth Kill got me my Spiral Lance and I'm now 1 Spongy hide from a Ludroth set.  Getting HR is slow...

Thx all maybe play some tomorrow.

Also think I'm starting to pull my weight and contribute when I don't get confused on the map and my arrow.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:41:40 PM by Ceric »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2445 on: August 06, 2011, 12:56:39 PM »
Sorry we couldn't get that it is just when all those players lower then you were joining the room we kinda had to go with what they were doing. That guy with Helios armor wanted to do Lagi when you were not able to since you had to be HR 14. What I didn't get is if he had Helios armor that meant he pretty much beat offline so he should be able to get the Lagi parts himself since he had the best armor offline. I had Royal Ludroth  armor way back when I started the game. It can be okay for Lancing and fighting underwater but I wouldn't recommend it fighting Lagiacrus. When I did my urgent I died two times because of Lagiacrus electric attacks. I'd go with Peco armor until I get Lagiacrus armor when fighting Lagiacrus.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: August 06, 2011, 01:59:59 PM »
I think I used some Barroth pieces to help my lighting resistance plus attack boost, when fighting Lagiacrus although it's not very good when you get to the Ice monsters.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: August 06, 2011, 02:49:26 PM »
Ironically I wanted it for R. Ludroth offline because I didn't think Peco was a very good for it. Finished that so know I'm just completing the set for having another armor set.  Once I get a Flame Sac I can upgrade my Hammer.  Thought about making a gun for kicks but I'm intimidated by the 3 pieces and new armor.

What is the connection of offline lvl and online lvl?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2448 on: August 06, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »
When gunning it is usually a good idea to have the armor setup to work with the gun. For example Alloy armor can work well with normal shots.Alloy armor has Normal S All up so it adds one extra shot for all normal shots. This gun works well as a normal,pierce shot and status gun. Light frame, Heavy Barrel, Heavy stock. You can buy that gun offline from the girl next to the weapon crafter.

As for the connection level  of offline and online. Offline is easier then low rank online and online low rank is easier then high rank online. You can actually beat offline before you go online and you have a better idea on all the monsters attacks.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: August 06, 2011, 03:32:47 PM »
Bowgunning isn't really worth it early on. It doesn't do much damage without elemental and/or status shots, and you can't get the best gun parts for those until later. Plus, it's expensive, requiring separate armour and buying so much ammo, so it can be a difficult weapon to manage until later when the money starts flowing in. It is also best used as a support weapon when playing with three other people.

Just this gunner's humble opinion.