Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483111 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #2375 on: July 11, 2011, 10:00:06 AM »
Alright sounds good.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 12, 2011, 08:50:32 AM »
Was working until 3am last night, so couldn't get on. Tonight I'll take a break at about 6 or 6:30pm Pacific to play a few hunts if others are interested.

(Is it fair to assume that Maxi is always interested?)    :D
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2377 on: July 12, 2011, 10:00:57 AM »
Was working until 3am last night, so couldn't get on. Tonight I'll take a break at about 6 or 6:30pm Pacific to play a few hunts if others are interested.

(Is it fair to assume that Maxi is always interested?)    :D
Thats pretty much a given ejamer.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 12, 2011, 06:51:54 PM »
Ugh... Worked all day, but to no avail. Right now it looks very unlikely that I'll be doing any gaming tonight. But pulling all-nighters for work is almost as much fun, right?  It's my own fault for agreeing to take on more than my schedule could handle. Still really eager to get online this week though. Will post here the first evening when I'm not working extra hours.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2379 on: July 12, 2011, 06:53:24 PM »
Alright ejamer.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2380 on: July 17, 2011, 09:01:54 PM »
Did you want to play today ejamer?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2381 on: July 25, 2011, 09:26:22 PM »
Did anyone want to play today?

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2382 on: July 26, 2011, 09:34:09 AM »
Well tonight I went and did some Alatreon runs and I used a Great sword.I had the skills Sharpness +1,Critical Draw, Punish Draw and earplugs. Well with a team of four one being a hammer user we broke both horns. We did that run in about 17 minutes. The two others was a Switchaxe user and a longsword user. The second run one got DCed and one had to leave so it was me and the ice switchaxe user. I managed to break one of the horns but we killed it before I could break the second.That two man took 33 mins roughly.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 28, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »
Over half an hour? Not bad considering the circumstances.
Mission...complete?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 29, 2011, 08:53:39 AM »
Did what has to be my fastest Deviljho run last night. A little over 13 minutes. Poor Jho died while trying to reach the barrier to the secret area of the Tundra. Counting myself there were 3 GS users(they both had the Ala while I had ol' Epitaph) & a Ala hammer guy. I'm assuming one or both of those GS guys had critical draw or something from all the times he went reeling. Even got his tail in the process.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2385 on: July 29, 2011, 11:30:55 AM »
Nice run GK.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 29, 2011, 11:40:17 AM »
I always like reading what you guys are doing even though I rarely understand half of it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2387 on: July 29, 2011, 11:42:44 AM »
Do you have the game Ceric?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 29, 2011, 11:45:08 AM »
Do you have the game Ceric?
Nope. 
Last game I played like that was Phantasy Star Online, which I loved to death and hate that my wife lost my copy.  Unless you count WoW.  I like hearing the stories but I'm not a big gear grinder type person.  I may have fun with it but I don't know if I could dedicate the time.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2389 on: July 29, 2011, 11:53:02 AM »
I guess this game can take a more dedicated point of view then most games. I haven't played WOW but this actually is probably less demanding of the two. If you can't spend much time with the game thats fine. Slow and steady works. Work on a little every so often.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 29, 2011, 12:01:23 PM »
First off: This is Awesome.
Second Off:  They have the game on Amazon for $17.99.  Is it playable without the Uber Classic Controller?  I know it supports different styles.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2391 on: July 29, 2011, 12:04:46 PM »
Haven't really played much with the Wii remote nunchuck controllers for this game so I can't really comment directly about it. I do know that I have a list behind me that shows what does what with the wii remote and nunchuck.So I can help out with control explanation.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 29, 2011, 01:00:35 PM »
You know what is really weird?  I can't find the game online at Target, Best Buy, Toys 'R Us, and Available at any of my Local Gamestops...

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 29, 2011, 01:23:16 PM »
Is it playable without the Uber Classic Controller?  I know it supports different styles.

I played it with the regular classic controller not the classic controller pro, if that is what your asking.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 29, 2011, 02:05:45 PM »
Welp, the bundle was $30 at Best Buy because they are clearancing it.  The same with Goldeneye Bundle but its $40.  I love to have the gold CC Pro but that's besides the point.  I've got this game now.  We'll see how it goes.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2395 on: July 29, 2011, 05:13:47 PM »
Oh wow cool Ceric. Few tips to start off with. Read what the NPC are telling you. In the text they tend to have tips as well as story so it is is good to pay attention to them. Getting full armor sets is helpful since if you have the full set you have all the skills that the armor provides. Armor skills need to have 10, 15, or 20 points to activate. Most skills use 10 points though. Save everything you get and put it in your box after quests. Something may not seem like much but it could be used to make armor,weapons, or items.

Finally a few sites that are helpful. The Monster Hunter Tri wiki.Just put that into google and it should be the first result.
http://divinewh.im/  This is a good site to make bowgun sets without actually making the guns. So you can see before hand what the bowgun fires. Also good for making armor sets later on  in the game. Mixed armor sets can make some good skills but generally when you are starting it is best to have all the pieces of a specific armor.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:03:02 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 30, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »
Alright, I just died from a leach getting on my back and I have no idea how you get it off.  First time I died.  What is the Cost of Dieing?  I haven't found it on the web and if its like half my gold I'm just going to sack my progress because frankly currency has been a pain to get so for.  Especially since I'm scared to sell anything.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 30, 2011, 11:40:37 AM »
it can be slow going at first.  The cost of dying is the cost of doing the quest.  also to get that thing off you can roll around.  same if your on fire.  you can rack up gold quicker online, so once you sort of get the hang of it you should jump online.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2398 on: July 30, 2011, 12:28:21 PM »
Offline there is a farm where you can grow things. Probably the best thing to sell to make money is stormsender seeds. They are yellow seeds that help with thunder resistance. It is kinda into offline but you can get them in the Tundra. Think that is the third area you can go in offline. The b button rolls. Have you found a good weapon type so far Ceric that you like?

Edit:Oh there is a quest that can bring in good money. The egg delivery quests.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:04:51 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 30, 2011, 01:07:53 PM »
Great sword was to slow.  Sword and Board is fast but I feel like I'm using a sander to make a statue.  I just got a lance.  I'm liking it besides the con of not being able to use a torch with it.  I need try the ax and bow gun but, I'm actually leaning towards lance.  Water combat isn't to bad till you get near the surface and the camera pops out of the water and you can't see anything.  So far I feel like most of my troubles are coming from the weird way your hunter moves.  Also haven't gotten a single bone.  I have the monster bone out the wazoo.