Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483091 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #2225 on: April 08, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »
You start with the Assassin's Dagger then upgrade that to Icicle spike.There is 2 more upgrades after the Icicle Spike to fully upgrade it. Mainly you just need Mining and Barioth parts.Both Low Rank and High Rank Barioth.

Took a 15 min break to see what the sword situation is like.  I am missing some of the High Rank parts for the final upgrade and will have to do a few Barioth runs.  Looks like I'm about to get real comfy spending time in the cold.
NNID: ejamer

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 08, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »
I'm not terribly busy at the moment. If you need a hand, let me know & I'll log on.
Mission...complete?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 08, 2011, 05:37:40 PM »
It'll be later tonight at best before I can get on... more likely tomorrow though.  Will post here before signing on if doing anything serious.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 08, 2011, 08:12:26 PM »
Going to make a quick mining run or two for armor spheres.  Will probably be online for about an hour in case anyone else is around; willing to help with other quests or just do whatever.  Won't be able to check the PC after starting though.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2229 on: April 09, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
Going to get on now.

Finally did it!
I soloed Deviljho!
Time was 42:58.
Here was my setup.Barioth + armor. I gemmed in elemental attack up into it.Used Ala Gleam. I had these items.The normal healing items. Might pill,might seeds, adament seeds, dragonfell berries, flash bombs, dung bombs, sleep and para meat, LBB+ and both traps.

Basically here was my game plan.Use the might pill/might seed trick and lay sleep meat down. I would evade lance until it eat the meat then I would place my bombs and would use that time to heal sharpen.I would then poke the bombs then keep on evade lancing it. Once it left the area I would get my Might Pill and might seed working again and sharpen if I needed to. Every different area it went to I would use either one of my traps or the para meat. Then keep up the above till it died.

I tried it before without elemental attack up and all the rest of this but I ran out of time. I had 3 mins left when it was limping and no traps left. I'm thinking about using Vangus and gemming in evasion +1 to see if I can get a better time. Sharpness +1 tends to be better than elemental attack up.

Getting back on now.

Second solo try went better than the first. Used Vangus and I gemmed in evasion +1. Had these skills. Autotracker,Sharpness+1,Attack up Medium, and evasion +1. If I ever get that 7 evasion with 2 slots I can get Attack up Large on the set. 

Evasion lancing is probably harder to learn than guard lancing because you have to figure out when to evade properly since every monster is different. It is like relearning the game again.

Be back on at 5pm PST!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:48:08 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2230 on: April 10, 2011, 06:04:03 PM »
Well my soloing Jho has got me on a solo kick. After watching some videos of other people soloing Alatreon I decided to make a Great sword set which all the armor and weapons can be obtained before HR51. So I made the Diablos Hornsword. Diablos + armor and Rathian waist and leggings. Also have a 4 hearing tali. With this setup of armor pieces you would only need a 3 hearing tali. Skills. HG Earplugs, Critical Draw,,Tremor Proof. I basically just gemmed in HG Earplugs. I have very little experence fighting Ala with a Great Sword so when I do try this it will be interesting.

For the sword and shield I was thinking Barioth + armor and The Ice sword.

For the Lance Agna + and the Sabertooth.
For the Long Sword Lagi+ and Tenebra D.

No idea on the Hammer or switchaxe as far as Armor goes but I'll think about it more.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:07:55 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 11, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »
Working away on armor upgrades (out of spheres for now) and building a sword and shield collection including a nifty fire blade and some others.  Also practicing fighting with S&S, since most of my time so far has been gunning and I'm not all that hot with melee weapons.  The problem is I rarely have time for more than a single quest... so it's been a pretty piecemeal approach to building my character.

Keep looking for people when I join, but must be playing at odd hours.  Expect to get an evening later this week with some real playtime, so will post here before that happens.

What a great game.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2232 on: April 11, 2011, 01:13:57 PM »
What time do you usually play ejamer?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 11, 2011, 01:25:27 PM »
Often get on for one quest over lunch hour... but if everyone else is Pacific time that's pretty early.  Outside of that, I can sometimes hit one quest in the morning or during an afternoon break.  If I get on in the evening, then it's usually from about 9 until 11 Eastern time.  (Can't play tonight, but Wednesday looks good.)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 12, 2011, 12:17:47 AM »
Congrats Maxi!
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2235 on: April 12, 2011, 01:11:34 AM »
Thanks GK.I tried soloing Ala last night with the Hammer and well I'll just say that I need more practice Hammering Alatreon. I helped out someone with their Rank 5 urgent today and having the skill focus on the Hammer works better on Ala since you don't get that many chances to charge your Hammer in a timely manner. Tried the switchaxe too but I kept on being in the wrong spot and was getting greedy with my hits. I'm probably going to work on getting the sword and shield and lance solos done first.Probably would be easier for me to do until I am more comfortable fighting Ala with the other weapons.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 12, 2011, 02:12:31 AM »
When I fight Ala, my set has critical draw so you can draw attack then just follow up with the triple pound & (hopefully) the increased affinity will  land another critical hit in the process. Like you said, it's a bit of a challenge to spam the charge attack. Best chances are when he fire blasts someone else while you just happen to be beside him. Also there's a brief shot post dragon charge if he doesn't turn & home in on you.

Maybe if someone brought a para weapon along for the ride. Possibly with a status up set to increase the odds of keeping Ala still so you can score more charged strikes. I have 3 para weapons but the Damascus status armor I had was re-gemmed into adding Defense up & Bombardier(Jho duty).

Not found of messing around with sets I already made but if you wanted to try this, I could gem Status Attack Up back in there & use a +10 Fire defense talisman.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:16:30 AM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 12, 2011, 11:13:52 PM »
Finally did it!
I soloed Deviljho!
Do you have a video of it? If not, how can you prove it happened?

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 12, 2011, 11:32:24 PM »
I now have Call of Duty Black Ops for the Wii.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2239 on: April 13, 2011, 08:33:24 AM »
Finally did it!
I soloed Deviljho!
Do you have a video of it? If not, how can you prove it happened?

Well I guess I can't prove it. Looks like I am going to have to have a witness. You will do.

Anybody want to play today?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:38:45 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 13, 2011, 11:17:32 AM »

Anybody want to play today?

Tonight?  I'm interested!

Also, soloing Jho is crazy.  You really have to do a lot of damage to get in under the time limit.  I often try soloing different (easier) monsters, but am rarely good enough to finish in time and have to quit via sub just before the end.  Terribly frustrating. 
 :P:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2241 on: April 13, 2011, 11:32:22 AM »
Yeah soloing monsters is hard to do.You mainly have the right element and have to keep attacking a certain area alot to get the most out of the damage.

What time ejamer tonight?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 13, 2011, 05:37:47 PM »
Well I guess I can't prove it. Looks like I am going to have to have a witness. You will do.
What's the point of doing something impressive if there is no one around to impress?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2243 on: April 13, 2011, 05:46:27 PM »
What's the point of doing something impressive if there is no one around to impress?
Well I guess I impressed myself when I did that. Maybe when we have the Game day I can solo Jho while everybody else does something else on the quest.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 13, 2011, 09:09:32 PM »
Going to be online in... maybe 10 minutes?  (If others can't get online that's cool.  I might not get to stick around as long as I'd hoped either... probably enough time for a couple hunts though.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:12:09 PM by ejamer »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2245 on: April 13, 2011, 09:10:57 PM »
Okay I'm making a topic on another forum so just head on the regular city and I will be there shortly.
Getting on now.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:18:25 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2246 on: April 14, 2011, 10:55:33 AM »
Good playing with you ejammer. I take it you still need some Barioth parts still? If you want to play today give me a time.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 14, 2011, 11:24:29 AM »
Good playing with you ejammer. I take it you still need some Barioth parts still? If you want to play today give me a time.

Always a pleasure watching you and Mop it up work over the baddies.  How many weapons have you mastered by this point?

Regarding the ice sword: I have most of the parts, but didn't get lucky with the wound rewards and am still missing claws+.  Probably need one or two captures to finish the upgrades - that will increase the odds of getting what I need.  (What trouble-maker had the kill kill kill idea anyway?  And why wasn't I smart enough to check the stats and see what gave the best drop odds before playing?)

Sorry for being so useless early on.  It improved (somewhat) with practice, but using melee against a fast-moving opponent like Barioth is a whole different beast than what I'm used to.  Seemed like most of my effort was just trying to get close enough to swat at him...  Taking pot shots with a gunner set is so much easier, and it's not like having a shield really improved my blocking ability that much anyway.
:p

Did you two stay online for a while?  Always fun to see Jhen, even though I don't do much beyond manning the cannons after I run out of Pierce and Dragon shots.  Funny to see the reaction when another player sees Jhen for the first time too.

Today might be difficult to get online.  Thought it would be ok, but work and life are getting in the way... tomorrow evening is much more betterer.  If anyone wants to play on Friday (starting around 8:30 Eastern) let me know.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2248 on: April 14, 2011, 12:12:07 PM »
I wouldn't say I have mastered many weapons but I am pretty skilled with the Lance,Hammer,switchaxe and sword and shield. Great sword and Long sword I am okay with.
Yeah fighting Barioth can be a problem if most of the players are not in the same proximity of each other when meleeing.

After the Jhen quest I stayed for 2 more quests before leaving. Those were the Blood Sport event quest.GK came in and I was sore so I asked for them two to go ahead without me. Then I left. I'm feeling better today.

I can play today or on Friday. Whatever works for you.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2249 on: April 15, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »
I'll be on in about 30 minutes.
Alexis, she/her/Miss