Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483039 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1975 on: December 15, 2010, 10:37:13 AM »
Wow, Maxi.  You must really hate me... LOL.

Not only was yesterday the first time I saw a Diablos, but I couldn't block and was being severely distracted by real life issues.  Should've bailed before the quest in retrospect.  Even though I didn't help much, at least I didn't cause everyone to fail the hunt.  And I suppose helping a little is better than nothing..?

:Q
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1976 on: December 15, 2010, 11:17:45 AM »
Wow, Maxi.  You must really hate me... LOL.

Not only was yesterday the first time I saw a Diablos, but I couldn't block and was being severely distracted by real life issues.  Should've bailed before the quest in retrospect.  Even though I didn't help much, at least I didn't cause everyone to fail the hunt.  And I suppose helping a little is better than nothing..?

:Q

I was refering to the two randoms me and GK was playing with last night when doing the Diablos event quest. I don't think you can get maxed out armor yet. Besides I think evading works better for gunners.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: December 15, 2010, 11:47:42 AM »
Calling me a "gunner" is a stretch.  "Peashooter", "annoying mosquito", or "chicken sans head" would all be more appropriate titles.  Gunner implies that I'm doing significant damage, which isn't really true all too often.  Then again... it's possible that you shouldn't take what I say too seriously.

Quick questions:

Someone was doing area effects last night.  Was that with horns?  If interested in using horns to support a hunt in the future, what skills should I be looking at?  (Wide Area is the only one that comes to mind... although I think food can provide a "feline hornblower" skill or something like that.)  I've got a couple of healing, demon, and armor horns sitting in inventory, might be fun to bring them out sometime.

Does the Attack up skills have any effect on bowguns, or do I need to use the Normal/Pierce/Pellet skills instead?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:52:21 AM by ejamer »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1978 on: December 15, 2010, 12:01:19 PM »
As for the horn question there is a skill called divine whim which reduces the likelyhood of horns,bug nets, and pickaxes breaking.Divine whim is the better skill if you can get the points. Spirits whim is the first stage of the skill mentioned. The whim gems is what you can gem in to make the skill active.

As for the attack up question. I believe attack up affects normal, pierce, and pellet shots.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: December 15, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »
The only thing I hate more than Diablos...are 2 of them at the same time...
The only thing I hate more is having 2 other hunters that make the quest harder by not having fully upgraded armor and not having a weapon that blocks when doing said event.

I've seen the quest done with non-block weapons. I've even done it with a longsword once. But probably spent more time running & diving than actually attacking. One of those two hunters did have an ice switch axe but unless you have the defense to take the hits(especially that tunneling one), you're just asking for a free cart ride. Think I can do it with Lagi armor & that same switch-axe though I'd like to have some Mega Armorskin to be on the safe side...

Don't forget you can use Life powder even if you don't have an armor skill set tailored for support. Heals you & your teammates though you can only carry 3 of them. I try to use it when at least 3 people are banged up or if a team mate is near death & stunned.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:15:39 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1980 on: December 15, 2010, 02:45:09 PM »
The only thing I hate more than Diablos...are 2 of them at the same time...
The only thing I hate more is having 2 other hunters that make the quest harder by not having fully upgraded armor and not having a weapon that blocks when doing said event.

I've seen the quest done with non-block weapons. I've even done it with a longsword once. But probably spent more time running & diving than actually attacking. One of those two hunters did have an ice switch axe but unless you have the defense to take the hits(especially that tunneling one), you're just asking for a free cart ride. Think I can do it with Lagi armor & that same switch-axe though I'd like to have some Mega Armorskin to be on the safe side...

Don't forget you can use Life powder even if you don't have an armor skill set tailored for support. Heals you & your teammates though you can only carry 3 of them. I try to use it when at least 3 people are banged up or if a team mate is near death & stunned.

Yeah it is possible with non block weapons but you need to be aware of where both of the Diablos are at all times. So you can evade out of the way.

With the lance it is pretty easy to defend against both. If one is digging in front of you and another is to the side you can adjust the camera to have a view of both. Usually when I fight Diablos I lance.When ever it digs I can place the camera behind me so I can see if any sand is moving behind me I can turn around. As far as the sword and shield and Great Sword when you are blocking you can't freely turn around quickly.You have to unblock,turn 180 then put the block back up. This can be a problem if you are attacked quickly from behind.

As far as Lifepowder goes I didn't really have that many made when we did the quest last night.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:46:49 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1981 on: December 15, 2010, 05:40:20 PM »
Anybody up to playing today?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1982 on: December 16, 2010, 04:07:59 PM »
Anybody want to play? I want to try out my Crag gun that I made last night.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 16, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
Sorry for bailing after your connection dropped - I didn't have time to start a fresh hunt and didn't feel like I could finish him off alone in a reasonable time.  However, the defense boost (better armor and armor shot and armor horn) along with the change in gun/ammo for attacking looked like it would work well.  Not sure what ammo would be best... but rapid fire crag 1, crag 2, and rapid pierce 2 with L attack skill bonus looked like it would work well enough.

Can't get back tonight, hope to see people on the weekend.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 17, 2010, 01:27:33 AM »
Are you around to play Maxi?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1985 on: December 17, 2010, 02:53:23 AM »
Sorry but I was reading some stuff online and watching videos too.

Oh recall when I tested out the Volcannon? Well it took that long since I had not upgraded it really at all.Need Hunter King coins to upgrade it.

I'll try to be on tomorrow.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1986 on: December 18, 2010, 11:34:38 AM »
Anybody want to play today?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 21, 2010, 11:14:04 PM »
Getting on now at 11 PM EST if anyone is interested in hunting with me tonight.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1988 on: December 24, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »
Anybody want to hunt tonight? Jhen+ is up now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 24, 2010, 11:08:06 PM »
Can do. Looking for armor spheres so willing to go pretty much anywhere that might have 'em in the reward.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1990 on: December 26, 2010, 06:48:30 AM »
Well I tried hammering Ala with some randoms but I can't really get the right positioning and timing.So in an effort to better my play I looked at some Hammer Ala videos and this guy had a pretty good idea on fighting Ala with a hammer so I made a set to fight Ala with a Hammer. Basically it is Damascus helm, Helios+ Chest and arms and Vangus waist and legs. Also Has a 3 slot charm.Basically I use the 3 Slot tali for the Hearing skill.The remaining 6 slots I put in Punishing Draw decorations. This will give me HG Earplugs,Sharpness +1 and Punishing Draw. Punishing Draw adds a little extra KO damage on Draw attacks so most of the time I have my weapon not out until I see an oppertunity to attack. Tried out the set offline on Ian,los and Uragaan and my Los and Ian times I had about 6 mins and 4 mins as far as actually fighting it and killing it.

Tried out the Rank 6 Double Trouble and I got 4 of the 7 KOs between the two. There was another hammer user.

I'm going to try working on my fighting Ala with the hammer abit more in the coming days.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: December 26, 2010, 05:13:30 PM »
Well you know I fight him with a hammer too though I go for higher affinity with attack up M & Punishing Draw. Next time giant Ala shows up we should team up with 2 lancers & see how it goes.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1992 on: December 26, 2010, 05:36:58 PM »
Yeah last night someone said that Giant Ala comes out on January 1st. So there is a few more days to go.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 26, 2010, 06:07:58 PM »
Slaying a giant dragon while chugging sodas? Now THAT'S how you celebrate the New Year.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1994 on: December 26, 2010, 06:23:24 PM »
I'm going to go practice some. GK you are free to join me.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1995 on: December 27, 2010, 05:05:12 AM »
Okay so the Rage match event quest is up among others.Is anybody up to try out the quest sometime today or tomorrow? It is the quest with 2 Deviljhos in the arena. I need the Black Leather pants for some sets.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: December 27, 2010, 10:24:18 AM »
Don't know about tonight but certainly tomorrow.

Any online appearances I make before then will be for gathering Pale Extracts & Armor spheres.

Do those pants work for both gunner & blade or would I have to make 2 pair of pants?
Mission...complete?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: December 27, 2010, 10:31:59 AM »

Any online appearances I make before then will be for gathering Pale Extracts & Armor spheres.

Do those pants work for both gunner & blade or would I have to make 2 pair of pants?

I'm also looking for Pale Extract and/or Armor spheres, and will be on a few times during the day today (starting in about 10 minutes from now). If you are interested, we might be able to grab some together.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1998 on: December 27, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »

They work for gunner and blademaster.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: December 27, 2010, 03:27:06 PM »
Once my Agmaktor armor and next urgent is complete I am going to start working on some more weapons. I really like my new switch axe, and all I need is one Lagia horn to create my Thunder sword and shield. 
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.