Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483113 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1950 on: December 10, 2010, 07:15:51 PM »
So Kytim how was the Agna farming? Did you get what you needed for its armor?

I have the helmet and chest armor. I have upgraded them to the 30 defense range. All I need is the other parts to complete the set. Also, I apologize for playing so sloppily last night but I was sort of tired and my skills are lowered when that happens.

Glad you were able to get some parts finished. Maybe later we can get the rest of the parts.

Yeah I also tend to not play well when I am tired.

In any case I earlier made the gunner armor for my Normal shot set. I just need to make the Volcannon gun. Need like one Hunter King Coin and 2 Deviljho coins from the arena. If anybody is interested in what it the set is made of let me know.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 10, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »
I'm on now Maxi. Doing a quest or two before The Good Guys start at 9est. Need to burn off some frustration over the fact that it's being canceled anyhow.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:29:14 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1952 on: December 10, 2010, 08:12:53 PM »
Okay I'll get on now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1953 on: December 11, 2010, 11:33:47 PM »
Ugh what a tiring day. I tried to help out a person on my friend list with his Rank 5 urgent and well it didn't work out to well. Then I met up with kytim and some others show up and well they had mixed armor sets which made them have no active skills.This random was HR44. I had to explain about how skills work and how you had to have 10 points in a skill to make it active. On top of that this guy said he only had thunder weapons. So when we fought Lagi he carted and wasn't doing much damage.

On the bright side I got a Hunter King coin so now I only need 2 Jho coins for the Volcannon.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 12, 2010, 08:41:41 AM »
How did they get to the upper ranks without knowing about armor skills? O.o

I commend you for toughing it out especially when the thunder weapons guy showed up. Think I would have just left town after that last incident...
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1955 on: December 12, 2010, 09:58:08 AM »
You know I was going to ask him about that but he either got DCed or abandoned before I could ask him.

I figure he was doing one of two things. He was trying to have no elemental weaknesses or he was trolling.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1956 on: December 12, 2010, 06:09:36 PM »
Anybody up to playing today?

There is different event quests up today.
Giant Gobul,Red Hot Party,Giant Jho, That Barioth and Rathlos arena quest and finally Double Diablos. I would like some help with the Double diablos quest. Its the one event quest that I haven't beat yet and I need those Soul hunter tags. Made a set that should work for it.

Basically Agna+ with a Grace Earring. A Perception tali and then just gem back in Razor sharp and guard + 2. Have the Sabertooth as the weapon.

Gives me Wide Range 2,Cap Guru, Guard +2, and Razor sharp.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:41:48 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: December 13, 2010, 09:01:08 AM »
How did they get to the upper ranks without knowing about armor skills? O.o

I commend you for toughing it out especially when the thunder weapons guy showed up. Think I would have just left town after that last incident...

Embarrassing admission: I didn't actually realize until one of my skills hit 10+ to become active.  I'm nowhere near HR44 though, and am probably at higher HR than I deserve anyway.  Can't imagine how people grind to higher levels without those bonuses though - they make a big difference.

As for playing today, I'll be on whenever I can find time.  Unlikely that I'm high enough level to help out with those event quests though.  Will check for NWR friends when I do show up - but won't feel bad if you are running quests that are too high for me.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 13, 2010, 11:50:04 AM »
Question: I've been getting some rustshard weapons lately.  Are any worth upgrading, and is it worth bothering to look for them?  Or am I better off saving resources for other weapons/armor?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1959 on: December 13, 2010, 12:10:13 PM »
Yeah I think the only Event quest is up that you can enter is the Giant Gobul one. The other ones are HR 40 and HR51.

As for the rustshards the worn and rusted weapons are good to upgrade since they are dragon weapons aside from the bowgun one. Getting a good Dragon weapon early can help since the best dragon weapons are like at the end of the game.

If you are getting like weapons other than those then I would say that get like one of each and upgrade it and then if you get more then sell any extra ones you recieve.

In any case I found a good group of randoms and I managed to get the Soul hunter armor I needed. I'll probably go back on later tonight to try to get the gunner Soul Hunter armor. Be on around 5pm PST.

Can play now if anybody doesn't want to do that double Diablos quest.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 12:12:17 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: December 13, 2010, 02:02:48 PM »

'Grats on the Soul Hunter armor set.

As for the rustshards the worn and rusted weapons are good to upgrade since they are dragon weapons aside from the bowgun one. Getting a good Dragon weapon early can help since the best dragon weapons are like at the end of the game.

Mmm... Makes sense.  Had received several weapon+ finds from rustshards, but only a couple of actual "rusty" ones - so was guessing the rarity scheme made them more useful.  Sold the weapon+ ones since they didn't really appeal anyway, and will upgrade the others.  A quest or two tonight will probably net me an Undertaker lance since I'm only missing the frost sac.

In other news, excited to try the Maxi-recommended gun now that I've finally landed some Lagi plate.  Was playing around with a rapid-fire crag/pellet setup with increased pellet and attack(M) skills, using fire and pierce rounds for clean-up afterwards.  But pellet is annoying in multiplayer and I'm not sure that rapid-fire crag is useful enough anyway.  The improved elemental capabilities (esp. thunder) should help with some of the other items I wanted to collect.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1961 on: December 13, 2010, 05:32:12 PM »
Yeah here is the gun I recomended. Royal Launcher frame, Tropeco gun barrel, and Thundercrus stock. I would personally go with Rathlos armor.It has that fire resistance which will help in the volcano area. Have to check but I think Rathlos gunning armor has the attack up skill which will help with the normal and pierce shots.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:12:58 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: December 13, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »
... Have to check but I think Rathlos gunning armor has the attack up skill which will help with the normal and piece shots.

Pretty sure it does - I just need a few extra parts to put that together.  Will probably put together a Lagi gun for rapid fire thunder to help make that easier. 

I've already got some armor with low heat resistance skill, but getting the attack bonus and improved heat protection from Rathlos gear could be helpful.  Might mix and match stuff to get the skills I want... might just go for the whole set (which seems like the better option most of the time).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 06:56:14 PM by ejamer »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: December 13, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »
Myself, I'm after a gun for every element, as it seems more effective than trying to create a gun that can use everything, like how the close combat weapons all just have one element. Anything that has rapid-fire shots for a non-element ammo type, like crag, cluster, etc., doesn't seem worth it, as those guns can't use anything else worthwhile. GK and I tried taking on Great Baggi with such a gun, and it took us 25 minutes to bring it down; after we ran out of crags and clusters, all we had to use were normal and pellet shots, neither of which are very strong.

This reminds me, I still need to meet up with you sometime, Ejamer.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1964 on: December 13, 2010, 07:04:49 PM »
Yeah generally it is best to stick with full armor until you figure out a set that works well together for the type of gun you have ejammer.

You want to play now ejammer?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: December 13, 2010, 07:08:31 PM »
I'd like to play now, but have family stuff first.  Groceries, dishes, vacuuming, and laundry all come before having fun.

Will be on later tonight though - probably at about 7:30 Pacific, although will need a few minutes to play with my gear before doing anything interesting.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: December 13, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »
All right, sounds good, I should be available then. Please post here first if you get online.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: December 13, 2010, 10:33:34 PM »
Baby's not in bed, but I'll be online soon anyway.  This might cause a minor interrupt later.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: December 13, 2010, 11:00:23 PM »
I'm heading online now, perhaps I'll see you there.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: December 14, 2010, 01:37:07 AM »
Myself, I'm after a gun for every element, as it seems more effective than trying to create a gun that can use everything, like how the close combat weapons all just have one element. Anything that has rapid-fire shots for a non-element ammo type, like crag, cluster, etc., doesn't seem worth it, as those guns can't use anything else worthwhile. GK and I tried taking on Great Baggi with such a gun, and it took us 25 minutes to bring it down; after we ran out of crags and clusters, all we had to use were normal and pellet shots, neither of which are very strong.

This reminds me, I still need to meet up with you sometime, Ejamer.

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that Aquamatic Spark is built mainly for support fire. With 2 different types of pellet shots I can quickly clear out smaller monsters that are annoying everyone. Rapid Crag is fun & all plus I think the gun has one of the highest(if not the highest) attack of all the light bowguns but there isn't enough ammo to rely on it.

I'll be on tomorrow. Double Diablos might be a good quest to test my lance set.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1970 on: December 14, 2010, 04:40:48 PM »
Anybody want to play?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: December 14, 2010, 04:46:42 PM »
**Waves hand wildly in the air.**

I'd play - got about 45 minutes if starting now.  Can't get on later tonight, so this would pretty much be my evening.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1972 on: December 14, 2010, 04:48:56 PM »
Okay I'll get on.

Edit: Getting back on.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 08:32:15 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: December 15, 2010, 08:32:23 AM »
The only thing I hate more than Diablos...are 2 of them at the same time...
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1974 on: December 15, 2010, 10:24:50 AM »
The only thing I hate more than Diablos...are 2 of them at the same time...
The only thing I hate more is having 2 other hunters that make the quest harder by not having fully upgraded armor and not having a weapon that blocks when doing said event.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:26:31 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss