Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483235 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1900 on: December 02, 2010, 10:32:40 PM »
I'm getting on now.

I guess I can wait as far as getting those 2 Jho gems for  the gunner armor.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: December 02, 2010, 11:49:21 PM »
I'd do those Jho hunts with you if my connection didn't just die on me. Could use parts from Jho too. Not to mention I think the Jho quests are pretty much all of the 6 star ones I'm missing except for the desert one.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1902 on: December 03, 2010, 04:46:24 AM »
Good playing with everybody tonight. Anybody up for Jhen+ sometime later today when everybody wakes up. You have to be HR31 at least.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 03, 2010, 11:35:27 AM »
As I get closer to rank 50, I want to start getting plus armor and a good weapon to take down Deviljho. I see defeating him as a mile stone for my advancement into this game. 
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1904 on: December 03, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »
Well you have to beat your Rank 5 urgent to get to Jho unless that cap Jho quest shows up. Jho is weak to Thunder and Dragon. Rank 5 urgent is weak to Ice and Dragon. So first of all what type of weapon do you want to use for your Rank 5 urgent?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: December 03, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »
Personally I find Alatreon a tad easier than Deviljho. Though if you don't have a weapon with dragon or ice you can always do what I did & beef up your Attack power with some gems & rely on weapon affinity for critical hits.

A status weapon might do the trick too. A paralyzing weapon would keep both Deviljho & Alatreon still & let all 4 hunters unleash Hell on them.

Poison I like because if you manage to poison the monster you can actually focus on defense & still be inflicting damage. Plan on doing this myself eventually.

Then there's of course sleep(usually a bowgun thing but I think some melee weapons have it too). Let everyone know if your weapon packs sleep power. Everyone will bring bomb barrels to the party.
Mission...complete?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: December 03, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
Well you have to beat your Rank 5 urgent to get to Jho unless that cap Jho quest shows up. Jho is weak to Thunder and Dragon. Rank 5 urgent is weak to Ice and Dragon. So first of all what type of weapon do you want to use for your Rank 5 urgent?

Would upgraded Barroth plus armor work very well against Deviljho? Also, I have a fully upgraded water lance, so would that work? If he is weak to ice, then he must be weak to water, right?

What I have planned is to get a good plus armor, gem the hell out of it in regards to accomodating the Jho hunt and then work on items such as max potions, high potions, and items that will keep my stamina from depleting so that I can keep a good defense against Jho.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1907 on: December 03, 2010, 09:32:49 PM »
Barroth + is okay for Jho if you plan on using Adreniline 2.Devil Jho is only weak to Thunder and Dragon.Strongest versus Ice and isn't really weak to fire or water either way.I used Elder Babel Spear with Ingot + armor the first time fighting Jho.EBS doesn't have an element but has a defense buff.Jho mainly has rough attacks with one dragon element attack.
  Now Alatreon has attacks of every element except water depending on if he is on the ground or in the sky.Ground= fire and dragon and sky= thunder and Ice. If you intend to use a lance versus Ala then you need to get Ingot + or Agnaktor + armor.Agna+ is prefered though.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: December 04, 2010, 12:20:59 AM »
Doubtful I'll be on tonight. Wifi is acting up yet again...
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1909 on: December 04, 2010, 08:49:18 AM »
Getting on now to do some mining. ejammer if you are around just hop on so you can maybe get up to HR18. Anybody else that is HR30 and lower that I know can join me.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:53:15 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: December 04, 2010, 06:14:37 PM »
Was hoping to get on again earlier this afternoon, but not sure when (if?) that will happen.  Should be HR18 tomorrow though.
Thanks again for the help this morning!  It's much appreciated, and fun to see how easy you guys make hunts seem.

One question:  Is there a way to figure out what monsters are weak against other than trial and error or being told by others?
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1911 on: December 04, 2010, 06:46:13 PM »
In some cases you can use the Pokemon system but not in all cases though. Generally the fire monsters are weak to water while most water monsters are weak to thunder.Lagiacrus is the exception its most weak to fire.All the water monsters are weak to fire. Flying monsters are weak to thunder. There is only 3 monsters that are weak to ice.Peco,Diablos and the Rank 5 urgent. Dragon works well for the flyers and for the Higher rank end bosses.

Also a little trick is after you beat the boss you can look at the armor of the monster and it will show you its weakest by a negative number.Higher the negative the weaker it is to that element. If it has a whole number then it is strong against it. Peco is strong versus fire for example. If it has a 0 by it then it takes neutral damage.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1912 on: December 05, 2010, 11:25:27 AM »
So that cap jho event quest is up among others. Anybody interested in trying it sometime tonight?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: December 05, 2010, 12:18:35 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to lend a hand there. Have all the Jhen parts for the armor I need but still need Jho-related stuff & Conqueror Seals.

Have a full Dober set now so I'm hoping my higher Dragon resistance will help.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1914 on: December 05, 2010, 08:56:03 PM »
It probably will help out alot. What time GK?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: December 05, 2010, 10:47:16 PM »
Nowish sound good? Probably will log in within 15 mins.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1916 on: December 06, 2010, 06:01:47 AM »
Ugh sorry GK I fell asleep.

In any case that Giant Jho event quest is up. Beat it a few times just now. Rewards tend to be gems and Timeworn charms if you kill and scalps and timeworn charms if you cap among normal jho rewards and carves. Have to be HR51 or higher.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: December 06, 2010, 08:37:21 AM »
Yeah, we saw that it was up but since Kytim was with us we opted for the cap Jho quest instead.
Mission...complete?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: December 06, 2010, 02:43:40 PM »
Thanks for the fun hunts, Maxi. Really thought I could make it through the Rathalos hunt at lunch without dropping - shame I couldn't get out of the way in time after being stunned.  It's strange to play with you after hanging out on the Rookie server, though.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1919 on: December 06, 2010, 03:52:26 PM »
Strange how?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: December 06, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
You could take down alone monsters that four rooks struggle with.  And you would make it look easy.   ;D

Speaking of which, I need to man up and start causing more damage during battles.  Probably a combination of changing my weapon to shoot different ammo and improved distance/targeting with the ammo I already carry.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1921 on: December 06, 2010, 05:58:10 PM »
Yeah it is best to use the right type of ammo on certain monsters. Anyway I came across this site which you can make different bowgun combonations before you actually make the gun. Also shows what type of ammo the gun can load and all kinds of other stuff.

http://divinewh.im/g/
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: December 06, 2010, 06:54:47 PM »
I lasted a whole lot longer against Deviljho than I thought I would have on my own thanks to Mop, GK and Ajax. I had been wanting to hunt him for a while to just get an idea of how tough that creature really is when faced in battle. Well, he is one tough SOB! He nearly whipped the four of us with very little effort. He is incredibly hearty of a monster. He can take a boat load of damage.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: December 07, 2010, 12:52:00 AM »
Yeah, everyone handled themselves pretty well. There were 2 deaths but even then those were during the last legs of the battle.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1924 on: December 07, 2010, 05:37:24 AM »
Hey ejammer I came up with a gun that should work for Rank 3 quests for online. Royal Launcher frame,Tropeco gun Barrel, and Thunderacrus stock. All level appropriate and the majority of the shots reload and fire quickly. The only shots that have recoil is Cluster 1 and wyvern fire 1 with low recoil. The only ammo it doesn't fire is freeze,crag,dragon,exaust, and slicing.
Alexis, she/her/Miss