Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483098 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1125 on: July 17, 2010, 07:26:54 PM »
Nope, nothing.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1126 on: July 17, 2010, 07:31:08 PM »
Hmm you might try to find a wii disk cleaning kit. If that doesn't work than call Nintendo and send it up to them.I had the same problem and everything came back and has worked perfectly since.Same system too.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 17, 2010, 07:33:16 PM »
I hope that the problem is easily fixed. We've already lost Seacor to Wii issues.

I know I had a similar issue with my Gamecube. It's one of the things that pushed me to get a Wii when I did. I never did fix the problem but I believe that the laser was the root of the problem. Since Wii is a slot entry device I'm not sure if there is an easy,r cheap and/or non-intrusive-warranty-breaking way to clean it.

I hope you hadn't already hacked your Wii like you talked about doing. Though then again, maybe having backups of your Tri and other game data will be a plus at this point.

~
On a game related note, I hooked up with some randoms last night and ended up playing until 7am my time! One or two were flakes but we ended up near the end with a pretty good group. One of them, named Lisa, got to level 50 so we decided to face Alrateon. Almost beat it too but everyone dies...except for me! ;D Did get a plate and scale from his tail though along with some awesome tactics to face it. One guy in the group at the end had beaten it before and he said we had almost downed it.

I also finally got the two royal crest + I've been hunting for so I got my spiral lance upgraded to the max. Are there any other water lances because I would like something a bit more pleasant color-wise. I wish there was a water long sword.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 07:37:18 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 17, 2010, 08:57:40 PM »
I think if the lens were dirty then this would've happened a lot more progressively instead of all of the sudden. It has to be a mechanical issue, such as the lens becoming unaligned, or the motor wearing out, or something.

It's hacked, but it won't be an issue. All that does is void the warranty, which isn't still in effect anyway. The Homebrew Channel is nothing illegal so it won't cause Nintendo to refuse to repair it. All they would do is delete it and update to 4.3, though I would delete it anyway before sending it off. But I'm not sure I want to go the route of repair. The system is already two and a half years old, and I can envision another problem coming up in a year's time (such as the internal memory becoming corrupted, which I hear is a common issue with heavily-used systems). I'm seriously considering buying a new system instead, especially because it now includes Wii Sports Resort, which I don't yet have, or 4 Wiimotes/Nunchuks.

Don't worry, since it's a disc-related issues then my data is okay. I've got it backed up on my computer so I should be able to restore it in case of a freak accident in the repair. I guess if I bought a new system, I would be trusting that this program would be able to successfully load my old system's data onto it. And really, that's the only thing making me think twice about buying a new one, because I'm not certain it'll work.

I really wanted to be there with you, Stratos, when you fight Alatreon. The real fight, not just a practice run like we did (and I will admit that I wasn't giving it my all during that). I s'pose it'd be too much to ask you to wait for me, especially because I don't know when I'll be able to play again.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 17, 2010, 10:05:04 PM »
Would any one like to hunt with me?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1130 on: July 17, 2010, 10:26:13 PM »
Sure I can.I just got finshed playing with Ratchman.He got his lance upgraded.

Post your info in the FC forum if you haven't already done so.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 17, 2010, 11:25:32 PM »
I want to get back into this game so bad. Ever since I started working I haven't had time to play. I feel like there is no point unless I can dedicate at least an hour or two for playing. I never lost interest in the game, just got really busy. I haven't even played galaxy 2 yet because I wasn't going to get it until I finished with Monster Hunter.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 18, 2010, 02:39:27 AM »
Aw, I missed Kytim89's first time playing online? Now that's just sad.

I remember you, Armak88! Hopefully you'll get less busy soon and we'll see you again.

Also, you can never "finish" Monster Hunter. 435 hours in and I still haven't completed every quest.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1133 on: July 18, 2010, 02:46:08 AM »
Well, I definitely had a fun time playing solo tonight and then joining up with Maxi to rid me of a few quests.  Thanks again, Maxi, for helping me out!

I think I'm starting to come into form for being a lancer.  Kinda fun.  Shielding rocks when done properly.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 18, 2010, 05:10:19 AM »
Pulling an open to close tomorrow so I probably won't be on until Tuesday unless I have a case of insomnia.

Don't worry, Mop it up, I'm only 47 so I don't even have my urgent available yet. There is still time.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 18, 2010, 06:57:30 AM »
Sorry to hear about your system problems, Mop it up. :(   

I haven't been on this weekend because my wife and I have been getting the new baby's room ready, and our 5th anniversary was this weekend.  Woot!

I may be on Tuesday night, but not much more than that this week.  It's deadline time at work this week, which pretty much means I'll be living there for the next few days.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 07:09:43 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1136 on: July 18, 2010, 08:56:47 AM »
Congrats Sundoulos on the baby and 5th anniversary
Sorry Kytim but I grew tired really quickly after my previous post.Very odd.

I will be helping low rank players today so if you want help I can help you.

At 10am PST I will open a room up.That should give everybody that wants to play time to post your info.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:59:26 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 18, 2010, 09:41:36 AM »
If I do show it will probably be sometime after midnight(est). No more thunderstorms in the forecast until Monday so my connection should hold up like it did last night. I'm at HR 38 right now so my 4 star urgent should be coming up soon. If only some of those vanishing quests would stay put so I can get them done...
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1138 on: July 18, 2010, 09:47:08 AM »
A little trick GK if you start a quest then abandon it the list may change so that a quest that you needed appears. I usually go on the gathering quest then abandon it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 18, 2010, 11:52:48 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Have a missing quest or two on 3 star so I may get around to those as well.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1140 on: July 18, 2010, 12:28:33 PM »
Yes I got the 2 Rathlos plates that I need to finish my armor. Now I have Rathlos + armor. Any skills I should have to go along with that.I am thinking a more offensive set using the switchaxe or longsword. I know I am going to gem it so that I get rid of that defense down skill.

Oh also for those HR30 and lower I will be opening a room in 30 mins to help you.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:36:08 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 18, 2010, 02:27:45 PM »
What information do I give to meet up with any of you?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1142 on: July 18, 2010, 03:31:04 PM »
Ok when you get online check you profile and it will give you a name and number.The name is of your choosing and the number is so that if there is more people with your name that way we know it is you.
So post those in the FC topic for Monster Hunter Tri.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 18, 2010, 11:57:29 PM »
Yes I got the 2 Rathlos plates that I need to finish my armor. Now I have Rathlos + armor.

I thought about getting that armor set at one time but using that chest plate with everything else from Rathian makes a pretty cool custom when you play around with the decorations. I love Earplugs myself.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1144 on: July 19, 2010, 06:09:15 AM »
I'm probably going to make the set more attack oriented in nature. Probably using a switchaxe with it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1145 on: July 19, 2010, 10:09:16 AM »
I'll be playing tonight from 5 to 9pm central time.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1146 on: July 20, 2010, 09:28:25 AM »
Sorry Ratchman I think I was tired yesterday around those times.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1147 on: July 20, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »
No prob! I got online with some random guys, took out a Great Baggi several times (I had never fought Great Baggi before!... or been to the Tundra for that matter), and finished up some more Rank 2 quests.  I think I have four more rank 2 quests left to do.  Hopefully I can get those finished this week.  Ready to start rank 3 missions.

Oh, I'm also working on the Baggi armor set, too.  Looks cool.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1148 on: July 20, 2010, 10:09:54 AM »
I never had the Baggi set. I had considered it early on when I was getting armor for all the elements. For all the resistances of elements but was informed that only one monster had ice attacks. Barioth that saber tooth dragon which I don't like fighting unless I have a lance.

Let us know how it works out!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 20, 2010, 11:37:36 AM »
I'm stuck at HR30 but the urgent hasn't shown up.  Is this normal?  Do you have to complete all the 3* quests before it shows up?