Author Topic: Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?  (Read 80239 times)

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Why do nintendo fans hate Xbox so much?
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2003, 02:59:42 PM »
excellent quote
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline egman

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2003, 03:38:01 AM »
Count me in as someone who although has a an Xbox and thinks it's cool, but who overall is not a big fan of it because of the games.

The Sega support has been a real draw, but outside of that and some of the cool exclusives like Halo my interest begins to wane. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm not really into competetive games. With Microsoft making a large push online,  there are more sports and FPS and racers being put on the system than I would like. This is the main reason I'm not a big PC gamersanymore. The adventure genre has all but become instinct on that platform.

There's nothing wrong with Xbox having all those genres, but I hope developers don't forget there are people out their who like adventuring and exploring by themselves rather than trying to get the most frags.

Offline sequoia

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2003, 09:08:45 AM »
I mean people who live by the xbox and no other system. Did I bash the xbox by its self? I said xbox has some good games and when Microsoft makes their products, they intend to take over the market. Microsoft has just ruined the system for me.  
I am what I created. Believing in my fate. Integrity is my name.
All that I am doin, can never be ruined. The Torn Outlaw.

Offline Mode 7

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2003, 10:39:21 AM »
Preface: I'm a huge Nintendo fan. Always have been since the days of R.O.B. I actually own a Playchoice 10 with ten games in it (and others sitting inside the cabinet when not installed), and it stands proudly in my livingroom.

That being said, I don't hate X-Box. True, they do a lot of talking and not enough delivering, but I don't hate them for that. I would expect that out of an American company that is trying to draw in a mass of consumers. Face the facts: the average person is enthralled by power, fictitious or not. It's a tried and true strategy. That just makes them business men (and women). Their sales reps do some really shady work, such as demanding some much floor and wall space in a store. Et cetera.

Why I don't like X-Box is because there is only one game on it worth playing: Halo. Halo is the X-Box selling point, and truth be told, it's not even that stellar. I'd rather be playing Unreal Tournament 2003 or Timesplitters 2. Anyone that says Halo is not the selling point is bias, mistaken, or flat-out lying. The rest of its library is mediocre at best.

Granted this is my opinion, but I'd like to think it's more than "just a fanboy's." I mean, I own a TG-16, a Turbo Duo, a Saturn, a PS2, and a Dreamcast. Like I said, huge Nintendo fan, but I'm a gamer at the same time.
Mode 7: The Filthy Mutie

"Clothes make the man; naked people have little or no affect on society." - Mark Twain

Offline Cashcow

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2003, 04:02:51 AM »

Originally posted by: sequoia
I mean people who live by the xbox and no other system.

Well yeah, all fanboys are ignorant to some extent.

<(0_________o)>

Offline Masterpiccolo

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2003, 03:11:52 PM »
I'm just gonna say why I hate Xbox so much XBOX don't have many games specially good ones.

I believe Mircosoft doesn't belong in the consoles because one thing they do not make their own games.

Thats why Nintendo is superior.

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2003, 01:28:16 AM »
i dont particularly care. but i dont know about their marketing strategies. such as the flash animation on the xbox site that blatantly makes fun of super mario sunshine (when its a great game). it seemed like a rather immature stunt.  
"OMG! I gotz teh powerup guys!"
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline sequoia

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2003, 08:03:09 AM »
If you think about it, pepole cant bash microsofts markting skills when Nintendo's tactics where not justifde as fair. You know what I mean. Nintendo would set price standards to store and if they would not sell the hardware and software at the set price, Nintendo would pull there support from that store and it would start to die out. Its not the marketing that makes me sick, its the reason why its done. It didn't matter much though, Nintendo had so many great games that people wouldn't care if they ruled the world.

Offline Masterpiccolo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2003, 10:47:33 AM »
Mircosoft is the one not playing fair you moron.

Offline sequoia

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2003, 02:46:03 PM »
If you couldn't get the point of the post, you are a moron. It does not matter if micosoft is playing fair or not. Nintendo still makes great games that draws in crowds. You don't have to get rude about it.

Offline Masterpiccolo

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2003, 04:19:37 PM »
Yes I know I was gonna edit it out but you know you can't edit you're messages.

Offline SilverBack1138

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2003, 09:50:30 PM »
Actually I wanted an XBox, but just certain things about how they are pissed me off.  It does have a few cool games, powerful hardware, and the best online plans.  I just got pissed how the XBox devs and marketing department have been in this fanboy sort of attitude.  Did any of you read Billy's story about going to Microsoft to try out XBox Live.  Throughout the article, the XBox devs kept throwing cheap shots at the GCN.  Instead of focusing their energy on their console and all the great things about it, they act as @$$holes.  It like a political election year.  Too much trash talking instead of focusing on their own stuff.  This tells me that they don't really have anything good to offer, so they bash the competition.  Another thing that I see is MS buying devs left and right or paying them off to delay the other versions of a game just to full the mainstream gamer into getting an XBox, just like Splinter Cell and Knights of the Old Republic.  I really can't blame developers for taking that money, it's hard to get funding for your studio.  The Official XBox magazine is just as bad with fanboyism.  I've read the other official mags for other consoles and they focus on their stuff.  I don't understand Mike Salmon and his group of cronies have to resort to needless bashing.  These people are just as bad as politicians.  Too be honest, so far I've been disappointed with the XBox library, except for a couple of titles.  It's all PC ports and sports games(Which I'm not into).  I prefer my FPS's and PC games on my PC.  I do like Microsoft products, they have some excellent PC productivity stuff and good PC gaming stuff like Sidewinder Voice and games like MechWarrior.  I don't want them to succeed at everything because I want their products to get better.  It's always good to have competition.  In conclusion, it's not XBox that I hate, it's the bad crap that surrounds it.
Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.

Offline MutFox

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2003, 12:13:33 AM »
I think Halo is wicked...
It's a game I will Totally get for my PC when it comes out...
Hopefully they Fix the Later Levels, they get kinda boring, same Textures over and over, gets you lost.
Probably cause MS wanted the game at launch, so it wasn't completely done.

Splinter Cell is OK...
Playing X-Box Game of the Year for my PC right now...

But the games that are taking most of my time now are Metroid Prime, and LoZ: OoT-Master Quest
games That I can only get on my Gamecube.

Can't Wait for LoZ: WW

Hope X-Box stays well... It's Bringing lots of good games to the PC Community...
-=MutFox=-

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2003, 02:04:06 AM »

Originally posted by: MutFox
Hope X-Box stays well... It's Bringing lots of good games to the PC Community...

Haha.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2003, 03:33:01 PM »
I was a Nintendo Fanboy since the N64, I was first in line at my local EB to pick up my gamecube. Back then I was more anti xbox than anti PS2. I trashed it all the time. I said that it had a bad controller, and no quality games. Boy was I wrong, It wasn't until August 02 that I saw the light, that is Xbox. The lack of GCN games really got to me. Sure we had tons of First Party games, but where were all the 3rd party games. Thats when I decided, I love gamecube and all but I would rather have an Xbox. So I traded it in, By then the Controller s was released, and I realized that Xbox had tons of quality games ever since day 1. Then came November 02, the launch of xbox live really changed my veiw of GCN. I had always thought that nintendo had the best multiplayer games but I found better online multiplayer games on xbox. That Christmas I bought a platinum gamecube again, but Xbox has remained my number 1.

As for the People who hate M$, why, don't be mad because a bigger company can produce better hardware, and use its money to bring together the worlds most technologicaly advanced games ever, and you can't. How did M$ take over Nintendo's teritory. Who said it was Nintendo's in the first place. Didn't Nintendo invade Atari, and those other ancient consoles space. As for why I think GCN fans dislike xbox, maybe its because when they both were release their main compition was each other, not PS2. All I have to say is Xbox > GCN > PS2

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2003, 05:59:02 PM »
"As for the People who hate M$, why, don't be mad because a bigger company can produce better hardware, and use its money to bring together the worlds most technologicaly advanced games ever, and you can't. How did M$ take over Nintendo's teritory. Who said it was Nintendo's in the first place. Didn't Nintendo invade Atari, and those other ancient consoles space. As for why I think GCN fans dislike xbox, maybe its because when they both were release their main compition was each other, not PS2. All I have to say is Xbox > GCN > PS2"

there are so many things wrong with this quote i dont know where to begin.....so i wont.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2003, 06:14:31 PM »

Originally posted by: nolimit19
"As for the People who hate M$, why, don't be mad because a bigger company can produce better hardware, and use its money to bring together the worlds most technologicaly advanced games ever, and you can't. How did M$ take over Nintendo's teritory. Who said it was Nintendo's in the first place. Didn't Nintendo invade Atari, and those other ancient consoles space. As for why I think GCN fans dislike xbox, maybe its because when they both were release their main compition was each other, not PS2. All I have to say is Xbox > GCN > PS2"

there are so many things wrong with this quote i dont know where to begin.....so i wont.

If you have a problem with my post, just tell me. I want to hear. All I was trying to say is that there is no reason to hate another system just becuse it is doing better than another.

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2003, 06:26:51 PM »
First off, it's just plain silly to hate a console.  It's not, however, silly to hate a company's business practices.  Microsoft is a company with an illegal monopoly that regularly leverages it to promote anticompetitive practices.  They should have been broken up by the DOJ but Bush put a stop to that.  Regardless of the short term damage it would have caused our economy the long term effects would have been nothing but beneficial.

That aside, I play games, not consoles.  Therefore I could care less who makes what.  Currently I own all 3, but my Xbox gets the least amount of playtime.  Why?  Lack of good games.  The only games I've found on it that I really, genuinely like are Panzer Dragoon Orta, Rallisport Challenge, and DOA3.  Splinter Cell suffers horribly from artificial difficulty.  I really wanted to like that game, but...  Halo? Great in terms of console FPSes, but when you count PC... it's pretty mediocre.  Everything that makes Halo great has already been done in PC FPSes, and better.  Better level design, better AI, better enemy design, vehicles are WAY better implemented in BF1942.

My GC and PS2 both get the hell played out of them, and my GBA, too.

IMO, if MS could get a lineup that'd hold my attention then I'd find their console really appealing.  It's got the most powerful hardware and it's really easy to develop for and all... but where the HELL are the good games?  Egh.

Offline JoeFalco

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2003, 06:41:08 PM »

Originally posted by: Jirachi
I was a Nintendo Fanboy since the N64

Really?  I was a fan since the original NES.  Shows you how old I really am

Anyway, I'm not going to pay for a X-Box because, well, I'm just not interested with what Bill Gates has to offer.  I'm more comfortable with Nintendo because I believe in the excellence in quality that are in their top games.  I know Nintendo can not steer me wrong.  I have nothing against X-Box in the slightest way.  I don't care if whether or not X-Box is a better system than the Gamecube.  I have been a supporter of only two big game companies, Nintendo and Sega.  Since Sega has now become a software instead of a hardware developing company, I save my cash for only Nintendo products.  Oh and about the Playstation...not interested in that either.  Nintendo all the way, baby!  
The sun never sets...on those who ride into it.  We just gotta keep going!

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2003, 06:44:12 PM »
Thats good, support the system you love. To bad there can't be one system in which all games are for.

Offline JoeFalco

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2003, 06:47:10 PM »
Well that's sorta not true...at least not yet!

If there's one system you can always count on that can let you play nearly any game from nearly any system would be the humble PC.  

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2003, 06:50:08 PM »
I tend to play both consoles and games. To me a game isn't worth over 9.5 unless it has all of the following, decent (preferable excellent) graphics, good controls, lasting gameplay, multiplayer (in some form), and some thing that makes it different from other games. Where do I find the most of these games, on my black box. I don't see why you think there aren't many "good" games on the box, but then again I don't know what types of games you like. IMO xbox has tons of quality games in every genre (except rpg( I mean its rpg's are good but they are mostly realtime, not turnbased which most people like)).

But what you said for eveything that made Halo amazing has been done already on PC games. Well apart from Doom3 which is coming to xbox, none have passed it is graphics, as for massive levels, if you actually take the time to play through halo, you will see that the levels are bigger than most PC games have to offer. Also how can you say that a game has better enemy design, they are two totally different games, one is present realistic, the other is fictional futuristic.  

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2003, 06:54:42 PM »

Originally posted by: JoeFalco
Well that's sorta not true...at least not yet!

If there's one system you can always count on that can let you play nearly any game from nearly any system would be the humble PC.

I don't really like PC games, I have a pretty good PC, but I don't like dealing with online lag (thats why I like Xboxlive), also most PC games tend to be single player (which can't keep my attention for long). Also the average xbox game looks and plays better than the average PC game.

One good thing that PC games have to offer is diversity tho. There are many different types of games for anyone to play. I just hate it when ppl try to dis the box by saying all of its games are on PC. Such lies, most likely if you see a PC game on a console, it has most likely been upgraded, not just ported.

Offline JoeFalco

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2003, 06:58:18 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the shoot'em up games like HALO.  My preferences are RPG, strategy, puzzle, Adventure, Fighting, sometimes Racing and I think that's it.

No I haven't spent much time playing any games on a X-Box.  Still, I'm just not that interested.  Also, I'm poor so the chances I will have both a X-Box and the Gamecube I have right now is slim to none.

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2003, 04:01:47 AM »
one thing i dont like on the xbox is their lack of good games
i will list the ones i do like though
halo, panzer dragoon, shenmue 2, and maybe gunvalkyre
now i am sure they have more good games but of all the ones i have played those 4 are my favorite
i do not own an xbox but my friends all do, so i can play it whenever
but the biggest thing i dont like about the xbox is that its all hype
they have ads everywhere bashing the other systems and ranting about its good games
personally i have yet to see a good rpg on the xbox (besides shenmue 2)
in fact the only thing that the xbox has done right so far is the futuristic shooter genre

well those are my reasons
i own a ps2 and gc and play gc more than ps2 because of nintendos games
the ps2 is mainly my rpg system so i can get my fix on rpgs
i call the big one bitey.