Author Topic: Billy Berghammer Retires From Planet GameCube.com  (Read 24465 times)

Offline Tusken_Raiders

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Billy Berghammer Retires From Planet GameCube.com
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2003, 06:26:18 AM »
Man... what are we going to do without Billeh and teh Louie cat?
Anyways, good luck and have fun at your new job!

*subscribes to Game Informer*

Offline Nigel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2003, 06:43:05 AM »
Thanx for the great site.  I've been coming here since around Feb '01 and have visited almost everyday since.  Now I have to go subscribe to Game Informer now.  

Offline Toolvana

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2003, 06:45:47 AM »
I am 26 years old and I have the same love for Nintendo, and I show my excitement for Nintendo no differently than when I was 8 years old. Reading your editorials and reviews, and watching your enthusiasm towards Nintendo on the E3 2001/2002 and Japan Experience videos has shown me that we have something in common, our child-like excitement for Nintendo. Your obvious passion for Nintendo, which I have never seen conveyed so genuinely by any other game journalist, has made me a huge fan of you and planetgamecube.com. Thank you for being so passionate about Nintendo, and thank you for pouring your heart into planetgamecube.com. Thank you Billy. I wish you the best of luck in all of your future game industry endeavors.
Toolvana    

Offline cubedcinder128

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2003, 06:47:58 AM »
Like everyone else, this announcement certainly took me by surprise. But I can fully understand what Billy is going through. I haven't forgotten that painful day of November 20, 1997, when N64HQ closed its doors because Scott McCall was moving on. Of course, here... it's totally different. We will still have a Planet GameCube, just under new leadership. But it's still hard to swallow at first when you hear of the news that the man who brought us all here and kept us here for 4 years is moving on up.

Good luck on your new career, Billy. I know your fellow employees will keep the torch burning just as much as you did for the past 4 years.
"Available for your home in 1995, only on Nintendo Ultra 64..." - Killer Instinct

Offline blablamax

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2003, 07:21:33 AM »
Good luck Billy, you bilt a great site for Nintendo fans and I hope you will take your knoweledge with you to Game informer magzine.

IF I BREAK THE FORUM SCROLLING WITH MY SIGNATURE AGAIN, I'LL *************** hoo...STFU!!!

Offline DaDoc

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2003, 07:24:21 AM »
I know I haven't posted in a long time, but I got to say good-bye. Billy, you ran the best video-game fansite on the net. I always loved seeing PGC get important news even before some of the big boys. I'll really miss you.

And godd luck with your new job at Game Informer. I guarnatee you I'll be subscribing first chance I get.

Hapyy Days.  
"As far as I know, I did not attack a Coke machine." - Dr Derek Smart

Offline fiveironalex

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2003, 07:45:44 AM »
Congradulations, Billy.  You're truly going from the finest in web gaming media to the finest in print gaming media.  Thanks for all your hard work at Planet GameCube.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Wii number: 7667 7856 9911 8753

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2003, 07:49:01 AM »
Congratulations and Good Luck Billy, I've been around here from N64HQ, OPN2000, and PGC and while its sad to see you go I'm glad that all your hard work has paid off for you. Like a few others before me have said, I'm gonna subscribe to Game Informer. BTW While do I have a feeling that Game Informer is gonna see a surge in subscriptions

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline Tsunekazu

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2003, 07:50:23 AM »
As sad as it is seeing you go, congratulations on your new job.  For some reason I'm not totally shocked by this, you seemed to know the Game Informer guys pretty well when they showed up at the Twin Galaxies Video Game Festival.  It's been nice talking to you for the past few years, and actually meeting you.  As problem-filled as the festival was last summer, it was fun.

I didn't start coming to PlanetN2000 until it had the sexy blue layout and I read your E3 2000 (I believe) coverage.  It was by far the best look into E3 that I had seen.  After that, I was hooked, and kept coming back.  It's good to know that you will still be involved in gaming journalism in some form.  Don't want to see those skills go to waste in say... radio broadcasting

Hope you enjoy the new job!

Offline The Human Cow

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2003, 08:03:21 AM »
I'm sorry to see you go, Billy, but GI opens up a whole new world of possibilities.  Good luck.

And drop by the chat sometimes.

Offline reyontoyeny

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2003, 08:41:53 AM »
We'll all miss you Billy. I'm going to start resubscribing to Game Informer. I remembered when I first visited PGC that this is one of the very first gaming sites that I've seen that cares more about the games than the page's profitability. That what I loved about PGC. I don't know if I would have played as many great games if I haven't see this site. Good luck Billy.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2003, 08:50:04 AM »
Well, I can honestly say that I didn't see this coming.  I could sit here and type all my memories that involved you here at PGC; however, I don't have that much time.  I guess the point I want to get across here is that I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you have put into the best gaming site on the internet just to make it possible.  I'm sure it involved more personal sacrifices than I could even dream of making.  You've shown us all how hard work can affect not only your personal abilities but also the outlook of others (in this case, the wonderful staff and all the faithful readers that know that PGC is the least-biased Nintendo gaming site around).  Thanks for the memories; the humorous outlook on many projects; and, of course, the best gaming news delivered right to our screens.  Good luck in whatever other adventures life throws your way and happy trails.

Ah, what the hell:
Word.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Yamauchi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2003, 09:06:28 AM »
Being a webmaster myself, I know how hard this must be for you Billy. Thanks for all the good times.

Planet GameCube will always remain one of my favourite GameCube sources, and it's thanks to you. Goodluck with your career, life, and anything else you pursue.
I am the one and only Yamauchi!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2003, 09:30:10 AM »
This is sad but great news, and I'm convinced there'll actually be some common sense and intellect in Game Informer now.  If I'm not mistaken, Game Informer reviewed and passed a shallow verdict on Eternal Darkness a couple months after E3 2001, a whole year before it actually came out, as if they deemed they knew what the final product was already like.  They must burn!

Kick their asses, Billy!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2003, 09:37:22 AM »
I've been coming here since PlanetN2000, so PGC without Billy's going to be weird. I hope everything works out for you over at Game Informer, man. I just hope we'll still see you in the forums from time to time.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline VideoGamerJ

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2003, 10:02:14 AM »
We'll miss you man. I know now that Game Informer is going to get quite a few more sales thanks to the new addition in their staff. ^_^

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2003, 10:11:21 AM »
Wow...definatly unexpected for me.  I come here hoping to see some new screen shots or perhaps a preview or two, and this is what I get.  Well, you will be missed.  Great job!

Offline Sjalesho

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2003, 10:15:30 AM »
bye bye

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2003, 10:18:39 AM »
Best of luck to you Billy You'll be missed

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2003, 10:20:25 AM »
This is one of those things I never saw coming so I'm not quite sure what to say.  I guess I'll say good luck and thank you.

Offline TTCFCL

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2003, 10:45:14 AM »
I'll never forget meeting you  at the TwinGalaxies SSB:M turney at the Mall of America. I bought a PGC E3 2002 DVD there and really enjoyed it and am looking foreward to the next E3. Looks like Im going to have to get a subscription to GameInformer... ^_^ Good Luck!

Offline uwvark

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2003, 10:45:49 AM »
Later on guy. I love the site you made here and I will continue to visit it. You are an inspiration to all of us who love games so much we wish we had a job doing it. PEACE
POWER, WISDOM, & COURAGE

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2003, 10:57:58 AM »
Wow, this news was shocking.

Billy has done a great job at Planet GameCube in the last few years.  One key thing was the hiring of great staff members.  Planet GameCube won't be the same without you Billy, but it sure will live on in full force with Jonathan Metts as director and with great staff like Rick Powers, Mike H., etc etc (can't name all of you guys, sorry).

I think I may just subscribe to Game Informer now, as well, so I can read whatever great content Billy writes.

Anyway, Planet GameCube's sure got a few good years left in it.  And, well, once the GameCube is "dead" and possibly replaced, I'm sure all the great staff of the site could start up something new, or even move on like Billy has.

Something great, this shows that people who begin writing at fansites can really get into the "bigger" side of the gaming press.  I myself hope to do this somewhat, and I know that other people have done this -- Billy now.

Oh yeah, if you guys want to see a pic of Billy with Ray Almeda and Sean O'Neill of GameCube Advanced you can go here.
Matt
Contact Info in Profile

Offline Michael_82

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2003, 11:15:23 AM »
I'm sure I can't really say anything that hasn't been said all ready.  I'm gonna miss reading "billy says:"  I do know one thing, I'm going to start reading Game Informer now.  So, good luck man, you will be missed.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2003, 11:18:41 AM »
no more weird billy noises? but they are so entertaining (talking about the noises billy makes while playing games on the SHINE GET! e3 2002 dvd)

ohwell have fun at your new job, rise to the top and rename it planetgamecube.magazine >=D or at very least mention some how in every issue