Author Topic: Official Wii Events thread  (Read 26039 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: Official Wii Events thread
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2006, 03:27:36 AM »

08:21:19 - Another channel “became a must after its reception in LA”. The character creation stuff.

ign affects Nintendo's decisions after all.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2006, 03:31:11 AM »

Wii will have its own range of Touch Generation software too. Although he's just buggered off the stage, so who knows what they'll be.

13:25 - Ah! Logan's back and she's showing us Tennis. She's bandying around the names 'Tim Henman' and 'Greg Rezetski' - a name I've never needed to spell before. Logan's just spend a good five minutes hunting around for a bunch of avatars bearing likenesses to them. And now the curtains have just whizzed open and there's a fake tennis court on stage! Guess who's there! Yup, REAL LIVE TENNIS STARS!

YAY!
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:Official Wii Events thread
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2006, 03:31:48 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering
Quality over quantity is my motto.
then how do you explain your posting style?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2006, 03:35:28 AM »
Actually, that was just something I made up to cover the fact that most of my posts are first party.

13:29 - My fingers are starting to hurt now. ANYWAY, there's a game of - ohmygodyou'dneverhaveguessed - Wii Tennis going on now against Tim and Greg and Fischer and Shibata. It's all a RIGHT LARK. Incidentally, hilARIous incident earlier - one of Tim Henman's balls flew off the stage and nearly gave the person behind me concussion just after I posted the last update. Back to the game though: Tim and Greg are losing with 30-15. 30-30 now. Tell you what, I'll just post again when we have a clear winner.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2006, 03:36:54 AM »

14:33.05 - 30-30. Tim’s serving. Decent rally this time, and Greg wins it. Game point. “Nintendo’s gone mad,” my friend says (Eurogamer)

So have I, friend. So have I.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2006, 03:38:07 AM »
Hahaha this tennis match will generate huge press over there. Wii is gonna be HUGE.

PS Nothing new will be announced here.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2006, 03:45:25 AM »
WHOA!! Europe gets Wii Play Awesome I hope we do as well!

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2006, 03:45:52 AM »

13:35 - Somewhat embarrassingly, I was just staring at the ceiling so I have no idea who won. Sorry. AH! European launch specifics. Launch games first! Wii Sports, Wii Play - which enables novices to get the hang of the controller. It'll be bundled with a second controller. Just like the Japanese 'My First Wii' package in fact. Zelda too, obviously Wario Ware will arrive 'just after launch'.

13:38 - Tony Hawk, Rayman, Red Steel, Monkey Ball coming from thirdparties amongst other things.

13:39 - WII LAUNCH DETAILS: European launch date December 8 2006, priced at £179 (249 Euros). Package will include console, Wiimote, nunchuck, cables and all that jazz. Oh and Wii Sports. Er, games will cost £35 - £39 in the UK and 49-59 Euros elsewhere. Europe, for example. Sorry about the slackness there. I was updating two places at once.

$249 euros! That's like, I don't know what that is! It's too early in the morning for me to make jokes!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2006, 03:48:06 AM »
NO EXCITE TRUCK? COME ON!

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2006, 03:48:39 AM »

13:44 - Right, with that bit of frenzied excitement out the way, we've moved onto that Wii games trailer that was doing the rounds on the Japanese website yesterday. Incidentally, it looks a bit more impressive when it's blown up slightly bigger than the size of a postage stamp.

The Wii is capable of impressive graphics. MEGATON!

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2006, 03:53:11 AM »

They're showing another video now. Looks like....someone with wings, flying. OMG it isn't. Kid Icarus Wii! It's looking incredible! Flying through a city, shooting bad guys with arrows. DECEMBER 2006!

....ha ha. Just kidding.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2006, 03:54:55 AM »

12:47 - And with one last crescendo of music, Iwata has reappeared on stage. The words "Wii move you" are dangling provocatively over his head. He's inviting us to go try the damn thing out for ourselves. And - gasp - a huge gaping chasm has opened in the wall behind him and everyone's being sucked through, like huge electronically-obsessed sheep. Or something. You know, if we'd thought about it, we would have said 'Iwata is inviting us to play with his Wii'. AHAHAHAHAHahhahahahaha. God, I kill me sometimes.

Apparently I'm not the only one who's not funny in the morning!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2006, 04:18:31 AM »
I still wonder how that March 2007 release date got put up, could they have been confusing PS3 with Wii? I mean they are so much alike and all
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2006, 07:49:19 AM »
Wandering, your sanity meter is showing.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2006, 08:17:55 AM »
I have to applaud Nintendo for the most world-widest launch of any system so far (though Xbox 360 came pretty close).
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2006, 09:49:09 AM »
Nintendo ignores Mars for simultaneous launch, Martians are rioting in the canals.