Author Topic: Packaging!  (Read 4281 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Packaging!
« on: September 14, 2006, 10:44:21 AM »
http://www.planetgamecube.com/media.cfm?artid=2533&MedTID=4&medtndx=3

So sexy. Love the huge 'Wii' logo. I like the fact that packaging is so....confindent. It screams 'you know you want me' in the same way that Apple packaging does.

Also glad that they didn't put a picture of WiiSports on the cover. Though I'm a bit mixed about the heavy use of baby blue.

Now if we could only get some game boxart....
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Packaging!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 11:27:56 AM »
Looks good.  Very iPodish.  It seems like the type of packaging that perfectly fits the present and will look silly as hell 20 years from now.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 11:29:25 AM »
Silly?

It's white and elegant and sleek.

They'd have to chrome it up to make it look silly down the line.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 11:31:31 AM »
The "Wii SPORTS INCLUDED" thing looks cheesy, the rest of the design is beyond awesome though, love it.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline WalkingTheCow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 11:32:23 AM »
Actually yeah. I'm not sure it will look silly years from now. Not that that's even a concern, but yeah. . . I don't see it.

Anyhow, nice looking box. I wonder if it's got a screenshot/game rollcall on the back.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 11:36:53 AM »
Very Apple-esque.

Looks a lot like the box my Mac Mini came in.  

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 11:40:28 AM »
It won't look silly a few years from now. There are certain colours and designs that don't age poorly. Rich primary colours (red, royal blue, gold) never look bad. Minimalist design doesn't grow old. The designs that look poor are those that go with colours that fade in and out of favor (orange, brown) and designs with a lot of non-classic stuff happening (60s bubbles and circles, etc). Sleek doesn't grow old, though.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE:Packaging!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 11:45:51 AM »
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 11:48:03 AM »
What WILL age are the shots of people using the wiimote and the stuff about how 'anyone can play'. Ever see an old ad for a computer? With the family, in 80's garb, smiling and gathered around the screen, as the ad explains how easy it is to use, and what you can use a computer for?

I wonder if it's got a screenshot/game rollcall on the back.

I suspect we'll either get game shots or art. I wouldn't expect any loopy Miyamoto quotes this time around, though...
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 11:49:34 AM »

Originally posted by: Artimus
It won't look silly a few years from now. There are certain colours and designs that don't age poorly. Rich primary colours (red, royal blue, gold) never look bad. Minimalist design doesn't grow old. The designs that look poor are those that go with colours that fade in and out of favor (orange, brown) and designs with a lot of non-classic stuff happening (60s bubbles and circles, etc). Sleek doesn't grow old, though.

I'm still a big fan of faux wood panelling on game consoles.  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 11:56:43 AM »
"I wonder if it's got a screenshot/game rollcall on the back."

Then we can make bets over which of those games end up on a competing console or cancelled outright!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 12:08:32 PM »
Gamecube packaging still wins automatically by the awesome Miyamoto quote on the back.
Unless they have something like that which we haven't seen yet.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 12:11:01 PM »
"Then we can make bets over which of those games end up on a competing console or cancelled outright!"

How about "Super Smash Brothers, both Zelda versions, and Metroid Prime 3 for launch!" in its place.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 12:38:03 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering
What WILL age are the shots of people using the wiimote and the stuff about how 'anyone can play'. Ever see an old ad for a computer? With the family, in 80's garb, smiling and gathered around the screen, as the ad explains how easy it is to use, and what you can use a computer for?

I wonder if it's got a screenshot/game rollcall on the back.

I suspect we'll either get game shots or art. I wouldn't expect any loopy Miyamoto quotes this time around, though...

Oh man, that quote alone (and maybe Metroid Prime and Wind Waker) sold me on the GameCube. It was like, YES. I want to open every door in the world.  

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 03:12:10 PM »
Nice and elegant, but I want a Miyamoto quote too!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 07:17:11 PM »
I really like the box, simple, stylish, and somewhat reminicent of the DSL's.....
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 09:32:46 PM »
Can we eat the box? No we can't. Nintendo PHAILS!

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 10:43:26 PM »
The back of the Japanese box (the front is pretty much the same as the US version) features nothing but a picture of the nunchaku. Observe:

edit: whoops, that's the wiimote.  

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 11:24:44 PM »
Well the Wii's packaging definately looks next-generation I wouldn't be surprised if it caught the attention of people who casually come accross it. It is sleek, easy on the eyes and looks futuristic all at once!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 02:24:57 AM »
 Someone called for game boxart?

Boxart

Apparently this is what we will be stacking in our dvd towers.  I have no complaints.  I just assume that the monkeyball one isnt finished because i dont see any nintendo logo on it anywhere.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 02:42:53 AM »
Monkey Ball isn't first party.

I like it. Differentiates itself nicely from the competition. I kind of figured either every game would say 'only for', or none of them would. Kind of glad they went the latter route, makes it that much cleaner.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 06:05:53 AM »
Nintendo's really going to allow third party titles not to have the word "Nintendo" on the front of the box? That's gotta be a first, right?

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 06:29:07 AM »
Very slick box art! And the cases are clear which is really great too (clear is a better choice than black or white, as it will go with any colour system!).

Offline Hocotate

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 06:48:38 AM »
I like both the console and game boxart and design. The console's is about how I imagined it (Similar to the DSLite box), but I wasn't expecting that curved white at the top with the Wii text. It looks good though
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)