Author Topic: Nintendo.com: Does It Ever Work  (Read 1887 times)

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo.com: Does It Ever Work
« on: March 16, 2006, 02:24:57 PM »
OK, my Toys R Us games just arrived today, so I went to register them on Nintendo.com... the last time I went there to register a game was when I got Mario Kart DS... and it took three visits to accomplish it, first two times they were down.

So I go there: guess what, down again. Seems like lately the site is at best a 50-50 prospect.

I don't know who's responsible for NOA's server, but they're really doing a miserable job. What SHOULD be a focal point for Nintendo's online marketing efforts is unresponsive, and that's only when you're lucky... usually it's just flat out down.

A site like that's getting lots of traffic, I'm sure... and I think the past year has shown us that whatever that backend software they're using is, it's not up to the job. I'd suggest they lure their web programmers onto a leaky boat and aim it towards the setting sun... I'm sick of having registering my games become a nightmare chore.

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo.com: Does It Ever Work
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 03:28:02 PM »
...the only time I've ever had trouble accessing NOA's website was around the time e3, when they had those videos of the various Nintendo people and Reggie threatening everybody...

Aside from that, I've had no trouble at all registering my games.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 06:23:52 PM »
I've *never* had a problem at Nintendo.com.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 08:29:48 PM »
The silly login at the top of the page never works for me.  I'm always sent to the separate MyNintendo page that asks for my login.

#@$%#(*%^%%#@!%^@^$%^@#@&*^$&*$%&(*#
get it right, stupid heads
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 09:51:59 PM »
NoE's website is godawful. They have things like nested text with its own scrollbars but some idiot decided to implement that via Javascript instead of simply using CSS. Result? The scrollbars don't work in most browsers. Disabling CSS works well enough to get the text to show but still. Whoever designed that page is a retard. Oh and never mind that the page can't even read its own cookies half of the time. I have to use Firefox for entering the codes because it tells me I'm not logged in after entering the code when I'm using Opera. Sheesh, even Hotmail works better than that and that's Microsoft!

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 05:27:46 AM »
I think they're trying for some sort of epic Ajax functionality... they just don't seem very good at it. Maybe I should send them my resume...

Hotmail's not really Microsoft's design though: they bought it several years into its life (and brought it down for several weeks when they tried to switch it from Unix servers to Windows servers)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 11:46:59 AM »
old hotmail was better.  i moved to yahoo a long time ago.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo.com: Does It Ever Work
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 12:41:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
The silly login at the top of the page never works for me.  I'm always sent to the separate MyNintendo page that asks for my login.

#@$%#(*%^%%#@!%^@^$%^@#@&*^$&*$%&(*#
get it right, stupid heads

I get that too, it drives me crazy because the message error I get makes it seem as if I made the mistake, when I in fact entered both my username and password in correctly.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?