Author Topic: bah why not lets do it SSB 3 for rev charater list  (Read 21211 times)

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
bah why not lets do it SSB 3 for rev charater list
« on: May 26, 2005, 06:33:03 AM »
OKies lets start drueling over the possible characters they will bring back out of histories past or new characters.

Heres some of my speculations

New Link from LOZTP
New link from wind waker ?
Crystal from Star Fox
Maybe some Paper mario people in the style of Mr game and watch
Toad
Bah i have no more time i have to go u guys throw in some

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: bah why not lets do it SSB 3 for rev charater list
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 07:02:41 AM »
Kid Icarus would be a very interesting addition.
Ash/Hero from pokemon would be cool.  Make all his special moves involve pokemon summons.
Olimar is a must.
Ballon Fight twins (just like the did the ice climbers)
They should make every pokemon starter from each generation playable and make super mushrooms evolve them permanantly for the match.

Hmm, thats all I have for now.  I definately agree that cel shaded Link should be in it.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 07:06:08 AM »
The problem with ideas for Smash Brothers characters is how to actually create new characters that bring new gameplay to the mix.  I don't want just graphic swaps for characters.  I want each new addition to bring something different and special to the game.

That is why I almost don't want many new characters added.  Perhaps 4 at the most.

I remember making a list of cool characters to add in another forum somewhere, I spent time choosing characters that would only add something new to the game.

Balloon Fighter: was one choice.  We have floaters, but no-one has been a pure flyer yet.  Balloon Fighter could fill that niche.  Bust all his balloons though, and he is in trouble.

Ditto:  I like the idea of having a character that can copy other characters completely.  This would be  fun character for someone who has mastered the game.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:bah why not lets do it SSB 3 for rev charater list
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 07:41:12 AM »
Pit ...long attack is the burning arrow
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 07:51:42 AM »
Poo, Wario, and Daisy (not just an outfit for Peach).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 07:52:04 AM »
Reggie

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 07:55:50 AM »
Another thing that I thought would be cool is to use the Sheik/Zelda concept in other characters.

Instead of having both Mario and Dr. Wario, make it so you can switch on the fly.  Maybe add in all sorts of other marios to the mix.
Luigi can switch between normal luigi and vaccum luigi.

Uhm, I can't think of anymore at the moment, but you know where I'm going with it.  =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 08:52:10 AM »
I personally would like all pokemons, since the game will end up being a pokemon centric game (there are so many of them), Id like Ballon fight's twin also, I never palyed Kid Icarus, but it would be great since so many people love the game. And Olimar would be great too.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 08:55:48 AM »
Ridley! And perhaps Captain N. Both would play very different from the existing characters.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 09:10:58 AM »
I think there really needs to be at least one more Kirby character, King Dedede maybe, or Waddle Doo with all his electric powers from Kirby Super Star. And what about Diddy Kong or Dixy? I would like at least 2 characters from every series in there. Ridley would be awesome, his extra jumps would probably be something like Kirby's or Jigglypuff's.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 09:17:39 AM »
Bionic Commando, on loan from Capcom
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline notic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 09:21:38 AM »
kalas would be cool to add

and btw we have enough pokemon
Check one two~Who got more style than son do

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 09:45:11 AM »
Pichu better NOT be in it...of all the clones, thats the stupidest.  I wouldn't mind if they got rid of Mewtwo as well.
Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur would be sweet though.
---------------------

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 09:45:54 AM »
Lessee here.  

They should totally give Samus the Dark and Light suits.  It would be cool to get Leon S. Kennedy, but I don't see that happening.  

FLUDD Mario and Vacuum Luigi would rock.  Or have Baby Bowser/Evil Mario ala Zelda/Sheik.  That would also rock most mightily.

Zelda should totally be wearing her Twilight Princess getup.  

And MIDNA!  Midna should totally be a playable  character
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 09:53:02 AM »
I'll be pretty annoyed if Wario isn't a playable character.  He's one of Nintendo's most well known characters.  There's no logical reason why he wasn't in the first two games.  Wario's starred in so many games he almost doesn't seem like a Mario character anymore.  If Yoshi, another Mario spinoff character who hasn't had a good starring role since 1995, is in it Wario should be.

I think they should also make the different skins for each character noticably different to reflect the subtle changes in appearance the characters have had over the years.  Characters like Mario and Link have had numerous different looks over the years.  It would be nice if sound was taken into account as well.  So if you play NES era Mario he makes NES style sounds instead of "wha-hoo".  SNES Yoshi makes the "yeah-uh" sound.  SNES Falco makes the "doo boo doo rad oo" sound.  

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 10:13:30 AM »
Not to mention the Garlic-powered Warioman

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 11:49:10 AM »
Olimar is a great addition.  His powers revolve around attacking with an army of Pikmin could be awesome.  There should at least be Pikmin in the game as a powerup.

Mewtwo needs to stay he is an awesome power character.

Jigglypuff can go though.  She was a pointless annoying character.

Luigi should be modeled after Luigi's Mansion and should be different than Mario.  

Wario could be great if they made him different.  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 11:52:53 AM »
Ian:  I like your idea of the skins being drastic changes.  Why have two exactly similar Links.  Just have Young Link, Cell Link, Adult Link, and such as choosable character via a color swap.  Same with Doctor Mario, Mario, SNES Mario.  Heck even a Yoshi with Baby Mario on his back could be fun.

Speaking of babies how about a Baby Mario/Luigi character together to work as a team?

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 12:05:52 PM »
It would be a nice in joke if you replaced Young Link with the cel shaded version and old Link with the model from TP.  

And their alternate cotumes should be their civvies!  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 12:07:23 PM »
Man, no love for Advance Wars? Bah... You have to have one person from that franchise appear in SSB, you just have to. My pick would be Strum, Advance Wars 2 look, with something related to his meteor attacks.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2005, 12:10:36 PM »
I agree on Kid Icarus and Olimar, I think both could play much differently from any existing characters.  I also want to see Wario...he probably wouldn't turn out as unique as Kid Icarus or Olimar, but they could make him different enough to justify his existance, and he really "deserves" to be in the game more than anyone else.

Beyond that, there are tons of characters Nintendo could work with and I'm excited to see who they add, but those are the ones I really want to see in the next game.

Oh, and I totally agree about creating drastically different skins or costumes or whatever you want to call them.  I think it might be hard to revert back to some older designs without changing the way the character plays, but it's a great idea.  I've been thinking the same thing ever since I found out Dr. Mario was in SSB:Melee.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2005, 12:22:31 PM »
Shy Guy was very amusing in Mario Power Tennis.  With its different forms/moves over the years (propeller, native, bullet) I think it could be a neat addition to the roster.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »
Wario's moves could largely be based on his transformations in the Warioland games.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2005, 01:40:36 PM »
never thought about it but couldnt the new link act like zelda and transform into a wolf ? ~~

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2005, 02:34:32 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
The problem with ideas for Smash Brothers characters is how to actually create new characters that bring new gameplay to the mix.  I don't want just graphic swaps for characters.  I want each new addition to bring something different and special to the game.

That is why I almost don't want many new characters added.  Perhaps 4 at the most.

I remember making a list of cool characters to add in another forum somewhere, I spent time choosing characters that would only add something new to the game.

Balloon Fighter: was one choice.  We have floaters, but no-one has been a pure flyer yet.  Balloon Fighter could fill that niche.  Bust all his balloons though, and he is in trouble.

Ditto:  I like the idea of having a character that can copy other characters completely.  This would be  fun character for someone who has mastered the game.

Not to mention that it becomes difficult to balance if you want both unique moves and numerous characters...

One possibility is to lump characters that are the clones into a group... aka a "team fox" of falco, fox, maybe crystal, etc... they would all have identical moves - just different "skins"  (you could even keep different colors for each character)

and Ditto would basically be a Kirby that copied all moves, that could be petty cool.

Identical could also be "near" identical - similar to how it worked in melee, but again, your getting into that balance/numbers tradeoff