Author Topic: Bands  (Read 36306 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Bands
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2003, 12:59:53 PM »
Punk is basically "Rock with attitude"...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Bands
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2003, 02:07:04 PM »
Punk is "rock" (notice sarcasm quotes; sorry guys, but punk ain't my thing ) that isn't going to take any more BS from the world.  They are cool, they rule, and no one can stop them now.  Oh yeah.

**suicide bombs Blink182**
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2003, 03:20:29 PM »
If you guys like pop-punk, try and find some music from Bodyjar - probably the best Aussie punk-pop-punk guys around.

My definition of punk (without the pop) would be Green Day, and maybe the Clash for the older stuff.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2003, 03:33:38 PM »
While I'm thinking about punk, Ninty picked some very good choices for the 1080 soundtrack... to you NST...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Kasceis

• Larger than Life Living Legend
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2003, 07:14:24 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
Punk is "rock" (notice sarcasm quotes; sorry guys, but punk ain't my thing ) that isn't going to take any more BS from the world.  They are cool, they rule, and no one can stop them now.  Oh yeah.

**suicide bombs Blink182**

Oh yeah, Blink182 is my favorite band of all time, and their new self-titled album is awesome and well done.  I've been a blink fan for 6 years now and don't really understand the hate they receive from some people(i.e. HC here), but to each his own I guess.  Their new album is more 'mature' you could say.  Other favorite bands:

-Sum41
-Good Charlotte
-All-American Rejects
-Fenix TX
-MXPX
-NOFX
-Simple Plan
-Boxcar Racer

Blink182 is my favorite though, and will be for as long as I can tell.  If you watch the videos or UC I and II, Mark and Tom are the two funniest people and can make things fun, and it shows in their music, and in my eyes, they are one of the best bands ever.
~\_-I am the-_/~
~\_-UnderRated-_/~
 ~\_-All Forgotton-_/~
  ~\_-Kids who made it-_/~

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2003, 05:21:58 PM »
You know what band I just realized I loved after watching a commercial for their greatest hits CD? The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Crazy.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Kraven

• One of the goofier Spider-Man villains
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2003, 09:16:32 AM »
The  Red Hot Chili Peppers are sweet, but their old stuff is a ton of a lot better than their new stuff, imo.  
Has anyone heard of a band called Authority Zero? They are pretty good.  I saw them live with Everclear and the Exies(who sucked).  Authority Zero put on a good show.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2003, 10:09:46 AM »
Yeah, I too just realized how much I liked them recently.  Six of the songs on my playlist are by them, I think the most of all the bands I have on there now.  Really great band, I'm determined to buy one of their CDs soon, among others.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline BoboThePenguin

• Penguin gang ringleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2003, 10:24:48 AM »
My favorite bands/singer are The Flaming Lips, Barenaked Ladies, and Weird AL.... I'm strange.
_Bobo The Penguin

I defenestrated a clock to see if time really does fly!

Currently Playing: Mario and Luigi-Superstar Saga, Sword of Mana, 1080 Avalanche, Fire Emblem, CounterStrike(pc).
"If you are what you eat, you my freind are a cannibal!"-Bobo

Offline pcpltd

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2003, 10:25:38 AM »
Weird Al is awsome man! He's the coolest dude ever!
Christmas break is here at last!

Dashing through the snow on a pair of broken skis, Ore the cliffs we go.... smashing into trees.(Ow, Ow, Ow) The snow is turning red. I think I'm almost dead. I woke up in the hospital w/ stiches in my head.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2003, 10:43:10 AM »
Conincidentally, I was listening to Californication, a song about how things sell on image rather than quality, while I was writing my editorial.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline travi ice

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2003, 11:55:59 AM »
hi. I am new so what is this? thx

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2003, 01:12:18 PM »
Heh, that's cool, mouse clicker.  I'm going to listen to that song now