Author Topic: St. Anger=Teh Suck  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« on: June 01, 2003, 05:17:29 AM »
Anyone else heard this song? Anyone else think it blows almost as bad as "So What" did? I mean, there isn't even a lead guitar in the damn song. Which means there obviously isn't a guitar solo. That would be the one thing that could save that song is a guitar solo.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2003, 09:37:45 AM »
what are u talking about? "So What" is a killer song, how dare u insult the Anti-Nowhere League! just b/c a song doesn't have a guitar solo, doesn't make it a bad song.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2003, 12:25:29 PM »
So what has become somewhat of an anthem around here, but the lyrics are not for the faint of heart.  I enjoy St Anger, though i only listened to it once(anti-radio, i am).  I am highly anticipating this album...and 'Frantic' sounded great to me.  But i'm a Metallica whore
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2003, 02:40:52 PM »
I disregard anyone's opinion who can't use proper english and spell "the" correctly.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2003, 03:14:11 PM »
Me too, but I don't know if I've even heard the song.  This is a dumb thread anyway, asking if people hate a song.  Almost like a poll. . .

. . .

HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2003, 07:24:09 PM »
If you don't like So What I don't think you have any business critiquing St. Anger. Of course just typing, "St. Anger=Teh Suck" tells me your opinion=teh suck.

For anyone who hasn't heard the song click here to hear the full CD version. Unfortunately it is off the censored CD. These are my requirements when you listen to it: 1. Listen to it more than once 2. Listen to it on a good stereo system 3. DO NOT EXPECT THE LOADS BECAUSE YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED 4. Do expect a song that will kick your ass and that you can head bang too.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2003, 04:39:07 AM »
St Anger is one of the best songs they've put out in the past 13 years in my opinion. I've heard clips from the entire CD (from some Brazilian radio station), at least 1:30-2:00 of each song, and every song on there f'n rocks. People that don't like the new CD just must not like the *real* Metallica, because that's what you're gonna hear.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2003, 03:33:17 PM »
Nay! It can't be as bad as "Shut up!" or crappy, mass-produced rap, almost heavy rock, and pop that are all about the same subject!
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2003, 06:23:09 PM »
See, I'd support your opinion for me using the word "teh" in my topic, except for the fact that I've been hanging around www.infoceptor.com for a very long time where "teh" is a frequently used word. It's used as an absolutely random substitution for "to" or "the". I happened to hate "So What". I personally believe that if you want recently released true metal, you should go buy some Blind Guardian or Iced Earth. But I suppose that Metallica sinking into Nu-Metal is fine for everyone else around here...

Blind Guardian forever...
-Travis Touchdown

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2003, 07:57:48 PM »
You think Metallica is sinking into NU metal?  In what way would that be?    also, if we are Metallica fans, we shouldn't listen to them anymore because of groups like Blind Guardian ?  This thread was started for Metallica fans who wanted to talk about the new Metallica album.  If you like other groups, like we do as well, what relevance have they here?

Metallica is the best metal group ever, period.  The fact that they're still kicking ass, going into their 40's, is impressive to me.
 By the way, 'So What' is a cover.

"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2003, 08:04:26 PM »
I guess I hated it so much I didn't bother to figure that out. And all I was saying is that any and all Blind Guardian is better than any and all of the stuff on St. Anger. Don't get me wrong, I love my Master of Puppets and my ...And Justice For All. But that was then. Now they're just... Blah...
-Travis Touchdown

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2003, 12:55:09 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I love my Master of Puppets and my ...And Justice For All.

Your soul may be saved after all.

every song on 'garage inc.' is a cover.  I love most of them...especially the older ones.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2003, 11:38:55 AM »
Ok, the whole "Nu-Metal" subject needs to be killed. People saying the St Anger is Nu Metal have no f*cking idea what they're talking about. Linkin Park is Nu-Metal, Staind is Nu-Metal, HedPE is Nu-Metal, KoRn is Nu-Metal, compare any of those to St Anger and they have absolutely nothing in common. St Anger is METAL, plain and simple...it's also a damned good album.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2003, 08:12:09 PM »
Agreed.   Leave this NU metal shat to the Nu metel groups...Metallica aint one of 'em, folks.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2003, 09:06:02 AM »
Metallica generally stands on top of my "Most Overrated Band" list, right above Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and any "NU" metal band, assuming by "NU metal" you mean "hideously stupid crap."
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2003, 09:25:45 AM »
Metallica has been around over 20 years.  Its hard to call the most influential metal band ever overrated.  Perhaps you think Led Zeppelin is overrated as well?  Or Black Sabbath?  My point being the influential groups, whether you like them or not, can't be overrated, IMO

Offline Strell

• View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2003, 09:34:22 AM »
The hell I can't call them overrated because some fanboy tells me not to.  Metallica: WOW OMG WE ARE HARD ROCK.  So are/were thousands of other bands.  Whoop di doo.

Led Zepplin is far and away more talented and skilled.  Mentioning them in the same sentence as Metallica is so incredibly idiotic that blood is shooting out of my nose.

Black Sabbath?  A big "yawn" is my response.

$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2003, 12:48:40 PM »
if we are talking about the best metal bands of all-time, u hafta mention bands like slayer (reign in blood still the best metal album of all time!!!) and cannibal corpse. in fact, I don't think anyone in the history of mankind has a more heavy and cosistent sound than those sick f***s in cannibal corpse yeah, I'm still a metallica fan, but their best days are behind them.  

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2003, 01:09:47 PM »

The hell I can't call them overrated because some fanboy tells me not to. Metallica: WOW OMG WE ARE HARD ROCK. So are/were thousands of other bands. Whoop di doo.

Led Zepplin is far and away more talented and skilled. Mentioning them in the same sentence as Metallica is so incredibly idiotic that blood is shooting out of my nose.

Black Sabbath? A big "yawn" is my response.

Perhaps you misunderstood what i was trying to say.  I didn't compare the two.  I merely mentioned Led Zep because there are people who say they are overrated.  And i always disagree, of course. If you are too narrow minded to recognize a historic group because they're not your cup of tea, then thats a damn shame.  I mentioned Black Sabbath because they started heavy metal, so they should automatically get respect, even if you don't like them.  But obviously, you think everything you don't like is garbage.  So perhaps you are the friggin' fanboy.

Since you are so educated in the world of music, when is the last time you listened to some old Metallica cds?  They were definately not hard rock, so you're wrong again.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2003, 01:32:11 PM »
The trouble with your argument is that you could call ANYONE influential by your standards.  Wow look, this band was the first to do this and they are super old!  Metallica was the first to do this and that and omg they r asume!  What did they do?  Oh yea.  They wrote songs with guitars, lyrics, drums, and bass.  WOW INFLUENTIAL.   You act like they were the first band to do that.  In that case, what else did they do?  "PEANUT BUTTER SURE GOES GOOD WITH JELLY!  OMG THANK U METLAICUXA!"

The way you talk about it, Avril Lavigne is influential because mainstream music these days is going way more punk than it used to be.   And it will stay that way for 4 months or so before we have the next big trend.

I'm not the one going around going "Omg this sucks and this sucks and if you don't agree with me YOU suck."  I called them overrated and here comes you, Captain happy fanboy, telling me I'm wrong because, for lack of a better reason, YOU say so.

That's the trouble with opinion based topics - we get people like you flaming people like me that don't agree with yourself.

Well have a fun time being a baby in here, I'll be elsewhere.  

$10 Bet with Khushrenada

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2003, 02:39:28 PM »

I'm not the one going around going "Omg this sucks and this sucks and if you don't agree with me YOU suck." I called them overrated and here comes you, Captain happy fanboy, telling me I'm wrong because, for lack of a better reason, YOU say so.

That's the trouble with opinion based topics - we get people like you flaming people like me that don't agree with yourself.

Well have a fun time being a baby in here, I'll be elsewhere.

I didnt flame you,fool.  The problem is, if i give my OPINION, its a problem, but if i comment on yours, you have a temper tantrum.  

Calling Metallica influential is not on my standards, as it is common knowledge to musicians and music as a whole.  I simply said they cant be overrated if they are  known worldwide as being the most influential metal band ever.
You can say you dont like them,which is fine, but that is a big difference.  Get it yet, 'STRELL'?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
St. Anger=Teh Suck
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2003, 05:13:47 PM »
iv lost my interest in heavy metal..i dont know why..its just so cheesey to me now. Well, i guess there are exceptiosn..I like bands with people who have great singing voices and have a good sound to them. Think tool queen or system of a down....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post