Author Topic: GameCube Wrestling Games  (Read 2677 times)

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
GameCube Wrestling Games
« on: May 14, 2003, 04:43:46 PM »
Man where are all the wrestling games? All the other consoles are getting sweet games, and the GC is stuck with Legends of Wrestling. Yeah that new Wrestlemania game is coming out, it sounds pretty cool but I want some variety. I believe Xbox is getting Backyard Wrestling (if you have seen the dvd its bad ass) I bet the game is gonna be awesome multiplayer.
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
GameCube Wrestling Games
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 05:58:01 PM »
I saw Backyard Wrestling on TechTV a while back, and it's by far the worst looking wrestling game I've ever seen - not just the graphics, but the actual gameplay itself looked plain awful. Anyway, don't forget about Wrestlemania XIX, hopefully a site will post stuff from the E3 version.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
GameCube Wrestling Games
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 04:16:54 AM »
Def Jam Vendetta is a surprisingly decent wrestling game.

PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: GameCube Wrestling Games
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 05:10:12 AM »
Def Jam Vendetta had absolutely no right to be as good as it was.  

Anyway, I have an appointment with THQ today, and I'll be getting updated information on a 50% complete version of WrestleMania XIX.  Stay tuned.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline K-Man

• View Profile
GameCube Wrestling Games
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2003, 06:23:57 AM »
gamingring.com is a good site for wrestling news. On GCN, PS2 and Xbox. And it has a very good forums, like this one .
Australia -4- Life

i know who you are...
...the leader of my soul...
...you can't kill me...
...im immortal!!!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
GameCube Wrestling Games
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 07:22:53 AM »
Def Jam Vendetta is awesome but it's really limited in features.  You can't even do a computer vs computer match (at least I never figured out how to) and there's no create-a-wrestler.  Personally I think if the inevitable Vendetta 2 includes all of the features that wrestling games from three years ago had it could be the best ever.

I remember reading an announcement of a Gamecube Fire Pro Wrestling a few months back but I haven't heard anything ever since.  Hopefully it's still in development.

One thing that's always bugged me in wrestling games is that they rarely ever have 2/3 fall matches.  I mean seriously how hard is it to program that into the game?

GameCube Wrestling Games
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2003, 07:49:51 AM »
how could u possibly have a def jam game without the one and only, LL Cool J I agree with Ian about the limitations in gameplay. it would've been nice to be able to use someone like DMX or Method Man in the story mode. all that being said, the grapple system is so damn tight, it brings back fond memories of no mercy and wm2k, back in the 64 days *sigh* we'll hafta wait and see what rick has to say about XIX, but for now, def jam vendetta is the best wrestler for cube.  

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
GameCube Wrestling Games
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 08:06:08 AM »
Dethroned Emperor - I agree, there were too many notable Def Jam artists missing from Vendetta. Hopefully, Vendetta 2 will make up for it and then some.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline BreakABone

• View Profile
GameCube Wrestling Games
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 10:06:25 AM »
  Well Rick posted new impressions on WrestleMania XIX on the mainsite and it sounds pretty cool.

Just a few questions though:
1)Exactly how many grapples are there? I'm assuming it will be 5 weak and 5 strong grapples, but GameSpot makes it seems like 10 weak grapples and 8 strong grapples. Any confirmation?

2)For the most part are the entrance more on-key? I saw snippets of Hogan's entrance at GameSpot as well as in the THQ trailer.

3)Is the HIAC more interactive or were you not allowed to go outside?

4)Did you get a chance to fight on the ramp?

5)Will there be backstage fighting in anything other than the story mode?

6)How was the portion of story mode, you played?

I think that is all.

GameCube Wrestling Games
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2003, 10:24:57 AM »
I'd just like to add one more question as to the finalized roster. are team angle and/or kevin nash gonna be in the game? I haven't seen them on any list thusfar.