Author Topic: Bands  (Read 35931 times)

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Bands
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2003, 10:24:15 PM »
omg thank you dethroned emperor, i used to have some Stormtroopers of Death stuff, they are cool

i vaugly remember a song about monkeys?

Offline deminisma

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2003, 12:47:45 AM »
$50-$100 is f**kload for a concert.

I say Skinny Puppy, Ministry, ohGr, Download, Joy Division, The Tear Garden, The Cure, New Order, Dead Voices On Air, Revolting Cocks, Cabaret Voltaire and Sonic Youth all are good listening.

Each to his own of course, however.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2003, 01:19:33 AM »
yay ugly dot owns, i like mustard plug also! been a bitch trying to track down their cd here :\
stupid australia

Offline The_Danaconda

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2003, 04:36:31 AM »
Heehee..I personally like DMB.  And I really don't care how much they make.  I know they make a helluvalot more than me.  Dave is one of the people I like to listen to when I'm humpin' or just chillin'.  I also like to listen to some Opeth, Fear Factory (older stuff mostly), Chili Peppers, Pitchshifter (I liked the Deviant CD), GWAR, Alice In Chains Santana, and my all-time favorite is Jimi Hendrix.  I like the way he does blues stuff.  I never really liked punk music...actually I think it sux.  I like some Misfits stuff though.  Just about everything else I've heard though sux.

-The Danaconda

Bands
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2003, 09:05:37 AM »
funny story about SOD, and how they ultimately broke up b/c one member was unhappy about the way another member was portrayed in a VH1 "Behind The Music" episode about anthrax. I'm thrilled somebody else on this board  listens to skinny puppy!!! hey deminisma, have u heard cevin key's other side project, music fur cats? ministry is awesome too, I saw them last wednesday in wash, dc. also, for the Danaconda, can u recommend any other opeth? I only have one song of theirs, a cover of celtic frost's "circle of the tyrants"  

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2003, 09:54:35 AM »
I know dave tickets are expensive, but i noticed you said other bands are cheaper, such as the ataris, but who wants to listen to them anyway? dave tickets were expensive at the last tour, because most of the venues hel under 5000 people, compared to the summer tour which usually hold about 20000 people. Anyway, Dave is awesome, And I like the way this forum is progressing. Keep it up.  
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2003, 11:01:38 AM »
Dethroned Emperor: cEvin has one other solo album "The Ghosts Of Each Room" already out and a new solo album "The Dragon Experience" coming July 7

Also, you know there is a new Skinny Puppy EP as well as an LP coming soon, right?  

Bands
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2003, 12:10:04 PM »
deminisma- the last thing I heard from skinny puppy was "back and forth vol. 5 & 6" I have most everything from their discography starting with "bites/remission" thru "the process" my favorite album  is "Vivisect VI" do either of the albums u are talking about contain new material? I saw ohGr about 2 or 3 years ago at a small club in dc, as they were promoting "welt".  u ever hear ogre's side project "ritalin" I think it was an album he did about 4 years ago, the only song I remember was a cover of the 1950's hit, "downtown" very odd to say the least! hey, anybody who wants to chat about music, video games, or whatever, feel free to hit me up on aim, my s/n is ncube2k1. it's cool to finally meet some ppl who share my similar taste in music, peace!

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:41 PM »
Not to rag on anyone's choices, but 50-100 dollars for a show is pretty damn high.  One of the best shows I ever went to was 2 dollars, and I had a great time with my friends.  The most I have ever spent would be 20somthing for The Warped tour, where I get to look around for smaller acts that I have never heard of.  Discovered Flogging Molly that way 2 or 3 years ago and have seen them 3 times since, always excellent performers.  While I don't realy care for DMB, I can appreciate the musical talent invovled in the creation of the music, and I can understand why there are so many followers, I am just not one of them.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2003, 04:42:07 PM »
Ya that is pretty damn high. And as for Dave being any better of a band, that is an opinion you would be hard pressed to get a lot of other people to agree with, particularly guys who take music fairly seriously.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2003, 04:50:31 PM »

Ya that is pretty damn high
But dave is pretty damn good.
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2003, 05:06:07 PM »
Did you read the rest of the post or not?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2003, 05:26:17 PM »
Sheesh, some people can get quite serious about their music.
Right now I'm listening to:

- Ben Harper - Diamonds on the Inside (awesome chillout album)
- Placebo - Sleeping with Ghosts (very catchy tunes in this one, especially 'The Bitter End')
- Less than Jake - Hello Rockview (can't wait for Anthem either!)
- Grinspoon - New Detention (definitely different to the older stuff, but it's all good!)

I prefer rock, but I'm open to anything really. Except rap and pop. I can't stand those ones.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2003, 01:19:42 AM »
do i get points for never hearing dave mathews band?

i avoid listening to the radio at all costs, bad songs + 10 minutes of adds between songs + dumbass announcers = pain

i did like martin molloy though, i used to listen to their show all the time

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2003, 02:03:19 AM »
Emperor: These releases are brand new material, as the band has reformed. New SP tour comes to the States and Europe in Winter. Also ohGr's new album "Sunnypsyop" comes July 1(?), if you're interested. Ritalin's OK, but Welt is much better IMHO. Also, I think you mean Back And Forth 3&4, Back and Forth 5 was a recording of the Puppy reunion show at Doomsday, and Back and Forth 06Six is a limited edition release of rare tracks.

Some further reading, if you're interested...

http://www.subconsciousstudios.com
- The record label cEvin owns and releases on

http://www.litany.net
- Semi-official news and community site (rabid fanboy forum which i am a member of is here too )

http://www.skinnypuppy.com
- The soon to be launched official Skinny Puppy site

http://www.ohgr.org
- The official ohGr site, with samples from the new album

EDIT: Just noticed we seem to have a fellow ohGr fan on the PGC staff! http://www.planetgamecube.com/staff.cfm?action=display&id=80  

Bands
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2003, 07:57:41 AM »
thx for the awesome links. just read that ogre stopped in on the current ministry tour, too bad he didn't make it to the dc show. maybe you'll see me on the litany.net message boards  

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2003, 10:21:39 AM »
I don't listen to the radio either, for the same reasons + there is never any dave on the radio. I also can't stand rap or pop- the only thing on the radio.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2003, 11:01:07 AM »
Hey, shifty, I started listening to placebo recently.  I wasn't a fan of their sound when I first heard them, but I am liking it now.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2003, 11:20:56 AM »
One radio statio I listen to plays dave mathews band quite often, but for me it's give or take with his music, I don't like more than I do like.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2003, 11:45:27 AM »
"I know dave tickets are expensive, but i noticed you said other bands are cheaper, such as the ataris, but who wants to listen to them anyway?"

I'm going to assume what you MEANT to say was that The Ataris aren't as popular as DMB, which would most likely be correct. They still are pretty damn popular though, and their tickets aren't much at all. Speaking of The Ataris AND Warped Tour, I'll be going to see The Ataris at Warped Tour sometime in July, hopefully, when it's in Kansas.

Shifty: Didn't Placebo do Where is My Mind for Fight Club (great movie)? I love that song so much.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Bands
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2003, 12:47:04 PM »
What radio station nitsujdark? is it local? I live in Michigan if that's where it comes from.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2003, 01:22:56 PM »
Oh yeah, I listen to Group X too. Johnny's editorial on them got me interested.

Bang Bang Bang

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2003, 01:44:43 PM »
Shiggity schwat? You guys like Group X, too? When did Johnny do an editorial on them? My sister got me into Group X- hilarious stuff. Nothing beats Arabian Rap.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2003, 02:20:50 PM »
Johnny's Editorial here ya go.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Bands
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2003, 02:38:36 PM »

Originally posted by: dmbfan755
What radio station nitsujdark? is it local? I live in Michigan if that's where it comes from.

The station is 104.1, coming out of Wash, D.C metropolitan area.  I live in Southern Maryland.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?