Author Topic: Looking back on controller predictions  (Read 1014 times)

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Looking back on controller predictions
« on: October 05, 2005, 08:42:11 PM »
I believe the best place to start could be gear.ign's predicting the revolution.

I'm on page 3.

Don't Hate is on page 4.

Also I suggest looking at page 6.

The last thing I thought Nintendo would do would make a vcr remote; I found that aspect of the design pretty much disgusting.  I am not ashamed of the molded prongs on my controllers.  I believe there is still room for inovation in the facial mechanics of the wavebird shell.  Miyamoto has said he believes the design of the wavebird can be improved.  Simply improving it would include making the b button kidney shaped and the face buttons more unified and monochromatic.  I would like a trackball and scroll wheels still.  

My motion control idea didn't involve the z axis as Nintendo's final design does, but is like the new Sony patent using a camera at a distance to track the x and y axises of the prongs.  Also the internal gyro was a given for precise wrist movements.  I found the way in how to connect these two halves together most difficult.  The way Nintendo is doing it now; they stand to make a wad of cash on peripherals (first and third party).  I was thinking that simpler was better so I tried to create two standard prongs.  

Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Looking back on controller predictions
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 09:16:12 PM »
Yeah, who cares now.

Though I do like the fact that Joobot's rendition looks exactly like a crappy Mad Catz Gamecube controller.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Looking back on controller predictions
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 10:07:04 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Controller? No idea. I'm still holding on to my "light gun" theory where it controls like a touch screen but you dont have to touch it, just point at it. Logically i've come to the conclusion that that CAN'T be it, but it's the best guess I have. =D

Nintendo sure showed me! The Rev controller was pretty close to what I had in my mind (except for the Remote design, genius), I knew there should be other motion detecting stuff but couldn't explain it very well.