Author Topic: Another "Skies of Arcadia: Legends" question  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Clock Nova

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Another "Skies of Arcadia: Legends" question
« on: January 15, 2004, 03:57:29 PM »
I hate to retread an old topic, but I just have to ask this.

When you take into account the rave reviews it got, the overall lack of RPGs on the GameCube, and the fact that it is apparently a good one (for a console RPG), and compound that with the fact that there are now people selling brand new copies on Amazon for as much as $150 (which would seem to indicate that there are misguided people willing to pay half again as much as a GameCube for it), why on earth would Sega discontinue production of "Skies of Arcadia: Legends," a game that is still less than a year old?  At the very least you'd think they'd just mark it down to $19 or $29 so that gamers like me who are only marginally interested in it will buy it.  But people still seem to want it (hence the outrageous resale prices.)  But if that is the case, it couldn't have sold all that poorly.  What's the deal here?

I sent emails to some of the jackasses selling it on Amazon telling them I'd happily pay them $29.99 for it, but that any more is ridiculous.  I know - supply and demand and all that.  But the fact that there is a demand at all means it should still be in production, don't you think?

And finally - is there anyone here willing to part with a copy of "Skies of Arcadia: Legends" for about $30?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Another "Skies of Arcadia: Legends" question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 04:02:56 PM »
Hmph...I'm still waiting for the copies near me to go down a bit...$50 is still too steep for someone like me with a budget(for a game that I'm not wetting my pants in anticipation for)...  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Clock Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 04:13:08 PM »
I keep hearing that many stores were recently (within the last six weeks) selling it for under $20, but I have yet to find one store selling it for less than $48 and change.  But there are plenty of individuals selling it for outrageous prices.

Offline WesDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 05:39:14 PM »
I'd sell ya' mine, but I think my brother-in-laws got it right now. You could probably pick up a used Dreamcast and a copy of the original for less than $150 though.

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
RE:Another "Skies of Arcadia: Legends" question
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 07:32:19 PM »
check Circuit City

I got a copy there a week ago for only 25(mislabeled as 50)

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 11:48:10 AM »
it was only 10$ at bestbuy for a very long time...

it appears to have completely dissapeared on the website though, also very odd...

odd odd odd.

but, awesome game, i love the thing.... i don't regret paying full price for it.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 12:28:51 PM »
People bought it for $10 in bulk and then sold them all on ebay for a nice profit.  No more $10 Skies.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline WhoDey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 12:50:46 PM »
Yeah, you should have checked Circuit City about two weeks ago as they were having major blowouts on some of their games. While looking for other games, I did see a copy of Skies of Arcadia brand new for $25. I would have picked it up but I already have it. Unfortunately, about 7 or 8 months ago I paid $45 for a used copy.