Author Topic: What´s the best Baseball game for the Cube?  (Read 5742 times)

Offline NeoShaggy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
What´s the best Baseball game for the Cube?
« on: April 16, 2003, 12:26:55 PM »
I want to buy this game for my brother, he love's baseball, and he doesn´t like Arcade style games, he like simulation.

So, what are your thoughts?

Thank you.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 12:34:39 PM »
From everything I've heard High Heat Major League Baseball 2003 is the best by far.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline NeoShaggy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 12:39:56 PM »
I've just checked and the 2004 version is expected to be out today, I'll check it out, thank you.

Offline Black_Behemoth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 03:21:59 PM »
To tell you the horrible truth, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD SPORTS GAME THAT EXISTS ON ANY CONSOL TO THIS DATE! *weazes in pain* Arrgh, sorry, I had to get that out. Wow, it feels as if a gigantic and poopey weight has been murdered off my shoulders. *sighs in relief*

But anyway, I would suggest going outside and playing the game for real. Just a thought.
If I don't survive, tell my wife.......hello.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 03:36:39 PM »
All Star Baseball 2004 is great if your brother is into sim.  But there are a few glitches, and he'll need a memory card 251.  But the franchise mode is unbeatable.  I was skeptical, with it being Acclaim and everything, but now I play it all the time.  I haven't played High Heat.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 05:40:36 PM »

To tell you the horrible truth, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD SPORTS GAME THAT EXISTS ON ANY CONSOL TO THIS DATE! *weazes in pain* Arrgh, sorry, I had to get that out. Wow, it feels as if a gigantic and poopey weight has been murdered off my shoulders. *sighs in relief*

But anyway, I would suggest going outside and playing the game for real. Just a thought.
Ok, that was kind of strange.  But, here's an idea, how about you getting an open mind.  I play baseball, basketball, and football "for real."  There is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying a video game based on the sports that I love (especially when none of my friends are around to play the game with).
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
RE:What´s the best Baseball game for the Cube?
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 06:36:05 AM »
I'm bumping this thread because I need to know which baseball game is the best for GameCube.
I don't really care about stats, I just want a game that's pretty easy and fun to play. It'd be better if it has all the MLB teams (I bet they all do though) and if it's realistic enough.
Thanks!
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 06:08:46 PM »

Originally posted by: Black_Behemoth
To tell you the horrible truth, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD SPORTS GAME THAT EXISTS ON ANY CONSOL TO THIS DATE!

Ah, you obviously haven't played HyperBlade on PC, NBA Jam TE on SNES or Mario Tennis on N64. Oh and Basketbrawl, Dodgeball Advance, Sega Soccer Slam, Super Punch-Out!!!, Basketball Nightmare, Virtua Tennis, Blades of Steel or Great Football.

Super Smash Brothers' Homerun mini-game is the best Baseball game on the Cube.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 06:16:36 PM »
The last version of MVP baseball  is by far the best baseball game ever.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
RE: What´s the best Baseball game for the Cube?
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 07:09:42 PM »
if you're like everyone else on this board then you'll have a hard time finding a game.  since most of the goods ones are made by EA, and the one's that aren't are hard to find.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2004, 08:32:33 PM »
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 11 is said to be good, I think there's a review on PGC. It's said to be very realistic despite the appearance.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2004, 08:53:30 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 11 is said to be good, I think there's a review on PGC. It's said to be very realistic despite the appearance.

Hmmmmm, I'd rather have the MLB teams and a game in English!
But thanks for the suggestion.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2004, 07:23:27 AM »
I can also vouch for MVP Baseball 2004. It really is the most fun baseball game I've ever played since Ken Griffey Jr's Winning Run.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 05:01:45 AM »
So I finally ordered MVP Baseball 2005 today!
It's gonna be my 1st baseball game ever so I'm kinda excited!
I know Mario Baseball is coming later this year, and so is Pennant Chase Baseball but we don't know yet how good these games are gonna be.
I hope MVPB 2005 will be good and not too hard to handle, the gamespot review said good things about it.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Offline Famicom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 08:23:03 AM »
However, it looks like Pennant Chase Baseball will have LAN play, which leads to other interesting things that MVP 2005 will be without...if that matters to you, of course.

Even still, you can't go wrong with MVP. Kinda sucks that it'll be the last one for a long time.
Oops pow suprise!

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 10:15:58 AM »
Pennant Chase sounds cool, MVP is fun though. LAN play? I  guess for Warp pipe
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline kooljake12

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2005, 07:13:04 AM »
mvp baseball 2005 its awsome
GameCube Rulez

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 09:52:59 AM »
Oh man, they still haven't shipped my game since Saturday!
That's odd, it usually ships within 24 hours...
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Offline Gamefanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 02:15:38 PM »
MLB 2005
Batista vs HHH for the World Title at Wrestlemania 21!!

Piper's Pit: Piper vs The Rattlesnake

The Rattlesnake is back!!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2005, 03:43:02 PM »
Ghisy they never count weekends as work days so they always ship on monday if the order was made on a saturday or sunday.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2005, 06:54:27 AM »

Originally posted by: Lord_die_seis
Ghisy they never count weekends as work days so they always ship on monday if the order was made on a saturday or sunday.

Yeah, I knew that.
They shipped my game yesterday. Oh well, it should get here sometime next week. no biggie.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Offline WhoDey

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2005, 05:37:56 PM »
I ordered mine Tues night from the EA Store and it came Fri evening. I was very surprised to see it that quick. Plus, I only paid $21 which was even better.

I'm having a lot fun with it so far. Pitching is very easy to learn but hitting is taking me awhile. I'm 3-4 in my season now. Also, have atleast 200 memory card blocks available and 500 if you want to save everything from every mode.

Offline kooljake12

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2005, 09:24:38 AM »
i ordered three games from the ea store and i got 5 to 15 day shipping and it came in  2 days
GameCube Rulez

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2005, 06:27:28 AM »
I'm still eagerly awaiting for my MVP 2005!
There's been some post office strikes around here (ahh the joy of living in France![/ironic]) so there's a delay in the mail apparently.
Hopefully I'll get it before Saturday cause I leave for the States on Monday and won't be able to play it until I get back.  
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2005, 03:20:46 PM »
Alright, I finally got it today.
It's good but I'm a bit confused because I don't know all the rules.
Hitting is fairly easy but I feel like it's more of a guess than anything else, right?
Pitching is a little more tricky though.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)