Author Topic: Prince of Persia  (Read 1191 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Prince of Persia
« on: June 11, 2009, 09:54:08 AM »
I figured there would already be a thread for this, but I couldn't find it.

I beat the 360 version of Prince of Persia last night, and I was wondering who else had beat this game, and what they thought of the ending.  It has a pretty cinematic and unique ending, that stands up there with some of the most well executed endings I've seen in gaming.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of Persia
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:02:43 AM »
I thought the ending was alright, though I found it annoying how it contradicts everything the prince had been doing the whole game.  It would have been nice to have a little freedom of choice at the end as well, where the player could choose whether to respect Elika's wishes or not.

BTW, I know it's tempting but avoid the Epilogue DLC.  The platforming and story in the Epilogue is fine, but the combat's really obnoxious with 2 enemies you have to repeatedly battle off the edge of platforms...many times.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of Persia
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 10:17:46 AM »
I watched the Epilogue on YouTube.  I'm satisfied, and I saved myself $10. 

I don't think that the ending contradicts what the Prince had been trying to accomplish.

Cleansing the land was Elika's quest, not the Prince's.  By the end of the game, the Prince is playing the role of Han Solo - he's in this for love, not because he hates the bad guy.  Prince's quest is Elika, and when she dies, he feels as if he has lost.   That's why he revives her.

I thought it was pretty masterfully done, and a great example of "games as art", telling a story that is the directors vision.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.